Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Rand Brittain posted:

What we do to Ascians is 100% shattering their soul, and is called out as such.

The bit about blasphemies is basically correct, though.

Respectfully I disagree.

It's definitely not, considering Emet-Selch is able to show up and save us in 5.3 and watch us from the afterlife in 6.0. We're making sure they enter the lifestream because otherwise they escape. Now to be fair weaker souls than Hades might have been overwhelmed. But other than that we have direct proof that Hades soul is very much in tact.

In non-spoiler chat, Savage is fun and all I've got left to go is P4S and I'll have cleared it all. P3S is a lot goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

jalapeno_dude posted:

Lots of people already replied but no one has pointed out the specific vendor who buys your cards. It's the Triple Triad Trader just to the right of the Mini Cactpot Vendor you talk to every day. Note that, sensibly, the trader will only buy copies of cards you've already added to your deck.

Selling cards is probably my third biggest MGP source. The crystal tower cards have very high drop rates and are all worth 1500 MGP, so there's a bit of compensation for rolling them in roulette.

Unless they’ve changed it you can sell cards you haven’t added to your deck. You may not be able to sell unique cards that you can only ever get one of, but I did accidentally sell a trial boss card that I hadn’t actually put in my deck yet.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Maguoob posted:

Unless they’ve changed it you can sell cards you haven’t added to your deck. You may not be able to sell unique cards that you can only ever get one of, but I did accidentally sell a trial boss card that I hadn’t actually put in my deck yet.

There's a column that shows a green check mark if you have the card in your deck.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

There's also *ILLEGAL MODS* easily available through ffxiv launcher that will put a simple yes or no on the card tooltip to let you know if you have it. Very much a "why isn't this part of the standard UI" feature.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid
It also shows for orchestrion rolls and minions.

*Orchestrion matters a bit less for me now that I have /porch.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Getting through Endwalker and just got to Garlemald.

Goddamn, I was not ready for "Their bodies are already cold" :ohdear:

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Oh boy there is a lot you are not ready for.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Mainwaring posted:

There's also *ILLEGAL MODS* easily available through ffxiv launcher that will put a simple yes or no on the card tooltip to let you know if you have it. Very much a "why isn't this part of the standard UI" feature.
According to the mod description, Square Enix claims such functionality isn't possible(lol).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

14's take on the older game's music is so good. Like the remix for 5's final boss theme is pretty straightforward, but the instrumentation is perfect.

Now I'm thinking in terms of what music I would like to hear from future content instead of if the content itself would be cool or not.

I want a Seymour trial.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Electric Phantasm posted:

14's take on the older game's music is so good. Like the remix for 5's final boss theme is pretty straightforward, but the instrumentation is perfect.

Now I'm thinking in terms of what music I would like to hear from future content instead of if the content itself would be cool or not.

I want a Seymour trial.

The Seymour theme would rule, but I'm not sure how they'd implement the fight to properly convey the feeling of the difficulty brick wall that his fight on the mountain has.

I'll also just put out there that XIV has multiple versions of III's Eternal Wind now, and they're all very good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

cheetah7071 posted:

the most fun I have in this game is doing fights blind. If it weren't for the sheer time commitment I'd love to do savage blind. As it is, I satisfy myself with ex trials

on reflection it's astonishing - and a little unnerving - how mad at myself i get for loving up mechanics i've never seen before. anxiety's an irrational bitch

that said doing alliance raids blind on day 1 is always a total fuckin hoot, as people've said, and i look greatly forward to EW's take

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Thundarr posted:

The Seymour theme would rule, but I'm not sure how they'd implement the fight to properly convey the feeling of the difficulty brick wall that his fight on the mountain has.

I'll also just put out there that XIV has multiple versions of III's Eternal Wind now, and they're all very good.

SMN specific duty action where they have to pop off all their summons' special attacks before Seymour banishes them and the party wipes if he's still alive after they run out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh no. Why am I getting this perverse desire to run ARR dungeons? I guess I could start a relic and that would expunge it pretty effectively.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
I want a Jenova fight. I'm not sure how you would implement Sephiroth and the Weapon fights are kind of a visual reference only, but the "calamity from the skies" aspect of Jenova could make for a cool trial.

Cicadalek fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 16, 2022

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Cicadalek posted:

I want a Jenova fight. I'm not sure how you would implement Sephiroth and the Weapon fights are kind of a visual reference only, but the "calamity from the skies" aspect of Jenova could make for a cool trial.

The whole Jenova situation sure feels like something the Allagans would do, but I feel like they've been used enough. Maybe it's time to start exploring the even more ancient civilizations, especially if we're gonna be learning about The Twelve....

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Begemot posted:

The whole Jenova situation sure feels like something the Allagans would do, but I feel like they've been used enough. Maybe it's time to start exploring the even more ancient civilizations, especially if we're gonna be learning about The Twelve....

If/when we go to meracydia, the allagans will almost certainly be involved somehow, even if more focus will be put on whoever actually lives there now.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

Begemot posted:

I mean Jenova is a "calamity from the skies," and (Endwalker Spoilers) we now have an established means of space travel and knowledge that other extraterrestrial civilizations beyond just the dragons and Omega at least existed. So who knows what Meteion's chorus and now silence has caused to stir from tombs and worlds long since abandoned to their fates.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Lord_Magmar posted:

Respectfully I disagree.

It's definitely not, considering Emet-Selch is able to show up and save us in 5.3 and watch us from the afterlife in 6.0. We're making sure they enter the lifestream because otherwise they escape. Now to be fair weaker souls than Hades might have been overwhelmed. But other than that we have direct proof that Hades soul is very much in tact.

This is circular reasoning.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Namnesor posted:

Oh boy there is a lot you are not ready for.

Yeah, the whole Tertium arc has been a bit of thing too :stare:.

I can't wait to see how it all goes from here.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Antivehicular posted:

I love Mathbot because he's the only part of the Ivalice raids where I feel even vaguely competent.

Mathbot owns because you can see exactly how many people either don't get what's going on, or can't do some simple math on a time crunch. It's usually 1/3 or so of the raid I'd guess.

I didn't notice other people's debuffs, what does failing a test even do? Just a vuln stack?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

parasyte posted:

Mathbot owns because you can see exactly how many people either don't get what's going on, or can't do some simple math on a time crunch. It's usually 1/3 or so of the raid I'd guess.

I didn't notice other people's debuffs, what does failing a test even do? Just a vuln stack?

Nothing happens if you fail, but getting it right gives you a damage up buff for the rest of the fight. You can get up to six stacks if your alliance has low damage and you're good at basic math :v:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Begemot posted:

Nothing happens if you fail, but getting it right gives you a damage up buff for the rest of the fight. You can get up to six stacks if your alliance has low damage and you're good at basic math :v:

Failing actually does give you a stacking Computation Error debuff that reduces your damage done that lasts the rest of the fight. Construct 7 was rather notorious on release month for having fights that could easily last 15+ minutes if you had the unfortunate combination of a raid that didn't know how to play their jobs combined with a raid that either didn't understand the mechanic or couldn't do basic mathematics.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

They should have a Mathbot Savage raid at some point, where every time you fail the math problem, you auto die. Same simple math problems, but failure is death.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
1 is absolutely a prime number :colbert:

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Not by any intelligible definition of prime.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Madmarker posted:

They should have a Mathbot Savage raid at some point, where every time you fail the math problem, you auto die. Same simple math problems, but failure is death.

mathbot's got a fun new trick for his numbers phase in bozja

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Pucci doesn't count 1 case closed.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Every boss in the game should have a .01% chance of Mathbot showing up and demanding you do math.

First boss of Sastasha? Do Math
A8 Transition? Do Math
TEA? DO MATH MOTHERFUCKER!
Hunt for Red Choctober? YOU BET, DO MATH!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Gives an incorrect definition that matches 1, though. (Actually being prime requires that you also can't be multiplied by something to get 1).

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Vitamean posted:

mathbot's got a fun new trick for his numbers phase in bozja

That fight is one of the worst in the game. The math mechanic by itself is good... but after all the other people fail it (they will always fail it) he goes into a pseudo enrage and spams one move for the entire rest of the fight.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

OddObserver posted:

Gives an incorrect definition that matches 1, though. (Actually being prime requires that you also can't be multiplied by something to get 1).

The other way I hear it stated is "has exactly two factors" specifically to exclude 1.

Or more precise terms than just "factor" but you get the idea

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

P-Mack posted:

That fight is one of the worst in the game. The math mechanic by itself is good... but after all the other people fail it (they will always fail it) he goes into a pseudo enrage and spams one move for the entire rest of the fight.

Yeah, it's real nasty with the forced movement range being pretty long, and if you go too far it's a deathwall. If you don't know your positioning going in you're going to get dunked.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ridorana is my favorite Ivalice raid and it's a shame it never comes up.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

This seems like an odd choice of authority. like, I've only see what the anime put out, but it seems like his judgement is not great. not sure why i'd trust him with prime numbers

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Zomborgon posted:

Yeah, it's real nasty with the forced movement range being pretty long, and if you go too far it's a deathwall. If you don't know your positioning going in you're going to get dunked.

That mechanic is funny and I like it. What I don't like is that instead of just wiping you after everyone else dies to math, you and the three other people left alive get to do the super tedious spin mechanic for fifteen minutes straight.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Lol I was taught "only divisible by itself and 1" why? gently caress if I know

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Itself and 1 are still two distinct numbers.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i will force every ranged dps, at gun point, to play white mage and/or scholar for a month, just so i can purposefully stand one step outside their asylums and sacred soils

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

a cartoon duck posted:

i will force every ranged dps, at gun point, to play white mage and/or scholar for a month, just so i can purposefully stand one step outside their asylums and sacred soils

Like this'll stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

One time I was being revived while mathbot was using the attack that reduces your HP, so I was stuck trying to solve the problems with my normal HP total.

It did not go well :negative: