Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but what Souls Like game is this supposed to be the most similar to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DS3 with jumping and DS2 power stancing. In an open world.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
kings field 2 in 3rd person

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
DSIII core, DSII willingness to experiment, Sekiro verticality, Bloodborne speed.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Demons Souls sex appeal.

Dirty feet......mmm

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I am very excited for this now. Are faith and arcane going to be worthwhile do ya'll think? I just played DS1 and tried to use miracles and boy that sucked

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Magic looks really, really good so yes. Have fun - go hog wild as they say.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

RC Cola posted:

I am very excited for this now. Are faith and arcane going to be worthwhile do ya'll think? I just played DS1 and tried to use miracles and boy that sucked
I saw someone earlier in the thread mention that Cleric style faith spells is now where the Pyromancy goes. So even ignoring "One FP bar worth of cheap heals out of combat lets you save all your health drinks for in combat", that sounds promising for faith life.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Section Z posted:

I saw someone earlier in the thread mention that Cleric style faith spells is now where the Pyromancy goes. So even ignoring "One FP bar worth of cheap heals out of combat lets you save all your health drinks for in combat", that sounds promising for faith life.

Nice!

Time to be a cleric

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I've always gone Deprived or its equivalents and this game will be no different. Love the early game feel of scrounging for even the most basic equipment while smacking things with a club, really makes the late game transition into whatever the hell I end up doing feel more significant.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

RC Cola posted:

Nice!

Time to be a cleric

May I suggest Cleric Clapton as a character name

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I noticed elsewhere that IGN has some spoiler info on their website for a couple of things. I couldn't resist so I went ahead and looked up the requirements and scaling for flails because I want to theorycraft my build. If anyone else cares to know, they're behind the spoiler: 12 str/12 dex and D scaling in both

I will now probably go wretch and live off the land. I can't wait man. 8 days 6 hours. My second DS3 playthrough is going strong but it ain't enough.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 16, 2022

knobgobblin
Oct 28, 2010

got a bone to pick

a.p. dent posted:

man, if you’re playing on ps5 or pc just enjoy. buy it for both and pray for us ps4 havers

digital foundries breakdown made it seem like elden ring will run similarly to sekiro on ps4/pro, so that's good news. With what seems like slower style combat I think ~30fps should be a-okay

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I wanna know where I can find that giant knife sword shown in one of the recent videos. Went through DS3 with the butcher knife (switched to dragonslayer axe for NG+).

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

I'm repeating myself a lot here but unless you're running it on an intel pentium with a 3dfx voodoo graphics card it's all going to be fine. Digital Foundry played the network test on base PS4 and it was a very stable 1080p 30fps with somewhat reduced details (but still very nice looking). Just relax and enjoy the Vorfreude (anticipation? pre-joy? why is there no nice English word for this). Elden Ring is going to run well on your system and it's going to be great.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
i am going to play on PS4, have a blast, then buy a PS5 and a better TV and play it again

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Wretch picker here. Hopefully there’s time after the final boss/thing you do in the game to quickly strip back down to naked and wield the club so I remain pure during the final cutscene

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

did you remain pure though. you cheated the game, and yourself, etc etc

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I was playing DS3 last night on PS5 and suddenly lost connection to the server and couldn't get back on. Was there some kind of console server maintenance going on? Anyone else experience this?

e: I guess maybe I should ask in the DS3 thread, I just assumed it was dead

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Feb 16, 2022

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

After borrowing my bothers ps4 to try and play BB I cant see how this wont be a 640x480 slideshow on ps4

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

that's just how bloodborne is designed to run though, you could power it up on a liquid nitrogen cooled supercomputer and it'd run the same, cause that's the way they made it

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Probably gonna hook up my pc to tv and play elden ring on it

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Probably gonna hook up my pc to tv and play elden ring on it

I’m very impressed that a whole thread didn’t need to walk you through this

Elden Ring

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

A console is just a computer you hook up to a tv...think about it

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Let me be clear

I’m gonna play it a lot

Elden ring that is

Hope this helps

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

PC is a good option because you can just Alt Tab and post on the forums "what the gently caress just happened an octopus juggling greatswords just loving murdered me" and that will give you the power to beat that boss.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thats what awful app is for

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

PC is a good option because you can just Alt Tab and post on the forums "what the gently caress just happened an octopus juggling greatswords just loving murdered me" and that will give you the power to beat that boss.

lol if you aren't gaming while phone posting using voice dictation

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Where do i find a Gigantic strength weapon early on? please respond after the game is released and you've found a gigantic strength Weapon early on. if I find it before you, I will respond.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cavauro posted:

Where do i find a Gigantic strength weapon early on? please respond after the game is released and you've found a gigantic strength Weapon early on. if I find it before you, I will respond.

ill bookmark it for you bb

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
Any word if this'll work with linux, with respect to EAC being..EAC.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

That's not helping me with me anything at all :colbert:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Iymarra posted:

Any word if this'll work with linux, with respect to EAC being..EAC.

The Linux users will get back to you on this in one sec

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's the overlap between people with ultrawide monitors and people who use linux and do you think even by combining the two you can hit double digits

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Have they released minimum requirements for the PS4 version?

Comfy beanbag, two cans of Monster and family bag of Flamin' Hot Doritos.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Wondering if the PC req's are based on it being a port of the PS5 / XBSX version, and the PS4 and XB1 have some hard-coded asset and density downgrades specific to their versions that won't be included as options on PC. From has gotten better with their PC ports but there's still not exactly a wide range of graphic options in them and this is their first simultaneous cross generation release. I'd be curious to see if there will be things like grass density and draw distance options in the PC version, might lend credence to this complete speculation theory of mine.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Cowcaster posted:

what's the overlap between people with ultrawide monitors and people who use linux and do you think even by combining the two you can hit double digits

could go either way, ultrawide is either productivity or gaming, both use very different platforms

Big Bizness posted:

Wondering if the PC req's are based on it being a port of the PS5 / XBSX version, and the PS4 and XB1 have some hard-coded asset and density downgrades specific to their versions that won't be included as options on PC. From has gotten better with their PC ports but there's still not exactly a wide range of graphic options in them and this is their first simultaneous cross generation release. I'd be curious to see if there will be things like grass density and draw distance options in the PC version, might lend credence to this complete speculation theory of mine.

It's a PC game. It's obviously going to be higher graphical intensity than PS5/XSX, just like it always has been since consoles were a thing

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I doubt you could even imagine it

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Disco Pope posted:

Comfy beanbag, two cans of Monster and family bag of Flamin' Hot Doritos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

I doubt you could even imagine it

buddy, i imagine it every day, and it’s beautiful. my naked wretch body astride my hosed up horse, big rear end club in hand, riding towards a dragon that has now killed me 17 times in a row