Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Not DAYS of work! Jorp is VERY busy right now, what with not teaching anymore and doing, uh...?

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1493988617664049152?s=20&t=EOj1TISGpqBGXh3ixQ88Rg

he's got 18 pages to get through, but he has decided it too mentally taxing

he still has to clean his room, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1494083558113038338?t=fDh-yMLdbHgBDZNAINjUoA&s=19

:wtc:

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
excruciating levels of irony in that line :psypop:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
No, it checks out. Jordan Peterson has never looked at himself.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
JORP needs to turn his monitor on (and clean his room).

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

He can't, even for one split second, hide or look past his hatred for Trudeau.

In case anyone doesn't know what's going on, a Conservative MP denounced Trudeau over this whole convoy bullshit, and he responded by saying that if conservatives want to stand with those people who wave swastikas or confederate flags (which have been seen quite a bit at these convoy protests), they can do that, but he's going to stand for the rest of Canada. So the MP fires back that she's Jewish and she can't believe he'd accuse her of standing with swastikas.

Meanwhile, I'm over here wondering why she, a Jewish politician, is attacking the guy who called out her party for supporting the protests, rather than attacking whichever of her constituents is siding with the anti-semitic protesters :psyduck:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jorp lowtaxing himself because reading 18 pages is too much work.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I AM GRANDO posted:

Jorp lowtaxing himself because reading 18 pages is too much work.

inshallah

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

the communist manifesto is like 30 pages long and he wouldn't even read that despite basing his entire loving career on it.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

For dumb Peterson clips this might be my all-timer and the title makes it even funnier:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y6kVBiS0Hg&t=42s

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

the communist manifesto is like 30 pages long and he wouldn't even read that despite basing his entire loving career on it.

He read it the weekend before his big debate with Zizek, although he said he was quoting it when he discussed the dictatorship of the proletariat, a phrase and arguably a concept that does not appear in the communist manifesto. Jorp completely misunderstands its meaning and tries to infer what it means by using a lay definition of dictatorship, suggesting that the point of communism is for the poor to get revenge on the rich by ruling over them as dictators.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

I AM GRANDO posted:

He read it the weekend before his big debate with Zizek, although he said he was quoting it when he discussed the dictatorship of the proletariat, a phrase and arguably a concept that does not appear in the communist manifesto. Jorp completely misunderstands its meaning and tries to infer what it means by using a lay definition of dictatorship, suggesting that the point of communism is for the poor to get revenge on the rich by ruling over them as dictators.
This is actually my preferred form of communism.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Slugworth posted:

This is actually my preferred form of communism.

i mean, you can't really choose whether or not there will be a terror really, just the color of it

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

BalloonFish posted:

Which is a little weird, given that Jorp and his ilk are incredibly attached to 'the individual' and how you 'can't put people in boxes' and are against 'identity politics'. He worked himself up into a weepy mess on a vlog, mourning the death of individual in Western society. Can't remember why; probably because a Marvel film demonstrated achievement by teamwork or something.

They should love this idea of individual experience and being able to define your own reading of the world and not being restricted by norms and generalisations. But JP is really hot on social norms, rigid definitions, binaries and hierarchies. Because it benefits people like him as individuals.

I think it is because 'individualism' is a 'manly' concept, but deviation from the established norm challenges 'manliness'. So he rails against the very thing that he uses.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

In case anyone doesn't know what's going on, a Conservative MP denounced Trudeau over this whole convoy bullshit, and he responded by saying that if conservatives want to stand with those people who wave swastikas or confederate flags (which have been seen quite a bit at these convoy protests), they can do that, but he's going to stand for the rest of Canada. So the MP fires back that she's Jewish and she can't believe he'd accuse her of standing with swastikas.

Meanwhile, I'm over here wondering why she, a Jewish politician, is attacking the guy who called out her party for supporting the protests, rather than attacking whichever of her constituents is siding with the anti-semitic protesters :psyduck:

Much like with UK politics the missing piece of the puzzle is unfortunately probably Zionism.

Samovar posted:

I think it is because 'individualism' is a 'manly' concept, but deviation from the established norm challenges 'manliness'. So he rails against the very thing that he uses.

Basically the core of standard conservative 'rugged individualism' is that you can be an independent individual so long as you exactly follow a rigid set of societal standards no matter whether they are actually realistic, healthy, or available.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

It's "I know you are but what am I" because Western civilization is run by people who are mentally 8 years old hth

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Woolie Wool posted:

It's "I know you are but what am I" because Western civilization is run by people who are mentally 8 years old hth

Welcome to living in a dying empire.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Welcome to living in a dying empire.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pontificating rear end posted:

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1493988617664049152?s=20&t=EOj1TISGpqBGXh3ixQ88Rg

he's got 18 pages to get through, but he has decided it too mentally taxing

he still has to clean his room, too
Lol imagine he loses his license over that. Former doctor jorpan

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I hope he does

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I strongly hope hubris takes a front row seat in the whittled Jorp brain and crashes his career into a stupid, post-modernist mountain.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What's he being investigated for?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Pennywise the Frown posted:

probably treating his patients like the CIA treated Ted Kaczynski in the MKUltra experiments if that tweet is any indication?

edit: sorry, "clients"

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

FilthyImp posted:

Lol imagine he loses his license over that. Former doctor jorpan
It didn't hurt Dr Phil. It would do a lot to elevate his "I'm being silenced!" grift game also.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

He basically told someone to "go die then" in a discussion about overpopulation or something, I think it's right there in the screen cap. Of course he didn't say exactly that and will shrug and do that incredibly disingenuous thing that he does, but I think the College of Psychologists is going to see right through that.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That kinda seems like not a big deal. But it would be hilarious if he lost his license over that. For being a dick.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

That kinda seems like not a big deal. But it would be hilarious if he lost his license over that. For being a dick.

I'm not trying to be reactionary or anything but there's very little else to take from his tweet, other than "killing yourself is a solution for you", and that is a whole pile of :stare:

If he or anyone flat-out stated that in the tweet, there would be hell to pay. I think and hope the same applies here, even if he worded it differently.

Edit:

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I think if you're a licensed psychologist it probably is

Yeah, this too.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 17, 2022

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That kinda seems like not a big deal.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1494178229770493960?t=owQRp-LsoP6HnGdZ5KIp7g&s=19

:psyduck:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

Yeah that's true.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I mean he also published a book where a whole chapter purported to be an invitation to be a good listener, but actually was just a long rant about how one of his clients was a worthless waste of space who probably didn't even get raped because she was also an alcoholic and being too drunk to say no doesn't really count.

It would be weird for Jorp to lose his license over a bad tweet, but also better late than never.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jorp is the last person who should be allowed to criticize people for using jargon.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008

It takes him days to write a defense in the same way it takes him 4000 words to say "I'm afraid of liberals"

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

I wonder how many of his patients "left" early.

Imagine going to a shrink because you're vulnerable and need help and getting this guy.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Dongsturm posted:

I wonder how many of his patients "left" early.

Imagine going to a shrink because you're vulnerable and need help and getting this guy.

Imagine going to him for any purpose other than needing his right wing frog puppet voice parroting your (the royal 'your') gross views.

In every single instance you'd be disappointed.

TheScuta 6.66
May 10, 2005
Don't rip me off.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I mean he also published a book where a whole chapter purported to be an invitation to be a good listener, but actually was just a long rant about how one of his clients was a worthless waste of space who probably didn't even get raped because she was also an alcoholic and being too drunk to say no doesn't really count.

It would be weird for Jorp to lose his license over a bad tweet, but also better late than never.

Holy poo poo do you have the actual quote/excerpt on this?? That's pretty low even for him.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

TheScuta 6.66 posted:

Holy poo poo do you have the actual quote/excerpt on this?? That's pretty low even for him.

I sort of went looking for that, since it was posted and discussed ITT, but instead found this, which was, wow, 101 pages ago...

Who What Now posted:

He also hates children. A good amount of 12 Rules is about how it's not only good but necessary to beat your kids otherwise they'll never respect you. Hell one of the rules is specifically "Don't allow your kids to do anything you hate" and goes into extremly strange tangents about yelling at a friend's toddler that he WILL go to sleep right this instance or he will regret it and other equally concerning anecdotes. These are written in a way that makes it clear that Peterson thinks he is the perfect parent with no parenting faults.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

incredible :ironicat: it's so good lmao

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I think, if I ever met Jordan Peterson, I'd want to put a nickel in his mouth. I don't know why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

im saint germain posted:

I think, if I ever met Jordan Peterson, I'd want to put a nickel in his mouth. I don't know why

I'd give him a tickle :3: