Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

fish fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:synpa:

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

lumpentroll posted:

fish fucker
now I think Barry started that rumor

Tiberius Christ fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 17, 2022

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That was really drat good!

Snyder-verse in full effect, yay!! :D :D :D

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was worried one last episode wasn’t enough, but they really did wrap everything up perfectly. loving bravo to Gunn and the rest of the team for what they accomplished.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

And yes, big props to Mike Cernovich for making this all possible.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Made a Tiermaker for the characters, but it's only the leads so I wrote out my actual tiermaker list here for people in the opening.

S: Eagly, Economos, Vigilante, Locke
A+: Harcourt, Song/Goff
A: Murn, Peacemaker
B+: Adebayo
B: Hal Cooper, Bat-Mite/Neighbor, Janitor
B-: Judomaster
An Actual Nazi (tho would be B if I discounted that fact): White Dragon

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I really enjoyed what looked like a fakeout with the Justice League showing up, but only seeing silhouettes or their backs and then it just staright up being DCEU Barry and Aquaman.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I’m also really happy that despite all the jokes, Economos and Adebayo truly got chances to step up in dangerous situations throughout the show. The “cowardly inexperienced fat back room” character stereotype is still hardcore when the chips are down, even if they’re down to a crawl.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Some pretty good stunts in that farm fight. Vigilante has to have some regenerative powers, right?

chitoryu12 posted:

I’m also really happy that despite all the jokes, Economos and Adebayo truly got chances to step up in dangerous situations throughout the show. The “cowardly inexperienced fat back room” character stereotype is still hardcore when the chips are down, even if they’re down to a crawl.

Takes No Damage posted:

Love how what could have been a one-off jokey reference to the actor not wanting to dye his beard for the movie turned into this season-long character arc with a proper payoff and everything.
:hmmyes:

Yeah that was pretty refreshing overall. Adebayo turned out to be terrible and pretty great at the same time. Very two faced.
Economos' monologue was really sad. And then he went back to his underpaid work at what looked like a terrible basement. :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That menacing smile that Robert Patrick had on in the final scene :ohdear:
A really loving weird vignette there. Peacemaker having a beer alongside ghost-dad, Goff's last meal, a dead squirrel, and a suspiciously clever eagle.

CODChimera posted:

yeah just a great ending to a great season. was very glad that the judomaster arc paid off
Him cry eating cheetos was such an absurd scene.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/kphipps3000/status/1494322691607826432?s=21

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

God, I loved the show. I thought I was going to like it when they announced it but man it was so much better than I expected.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

In retrospect, if anyone would keep the Snyderverse alive, it would be writer of Dawn of the Dead, James Gunn.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
That was a great loving finale. Great Show!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

🧜‍♂️

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Guess they didn’t have enough money to CGI out Cavill’s mustache or Gadot’s problematic views.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

James Gunn’s work is definitely going to be one of those that leaves a historic mark on the industry.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I knew this when SLiTHER came out and I was one of 5 people in the theater. And I brought 4 of those 5 lmao.

In hindsight bringing two other non horror indoctrinated 14 year olds to that movie was probably not great lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Twitter is apparently angry that Cyborg wasn't included with the Justice League. Which, fair enough, he should be there. Especially after all of the poo poo that went down with Ray Fisher. But no one seems to be upset that Batman isn't there, either.

Oh, and great finale. Great show. So much better than I ever could have hoped for. I'm like a prophet for this show with the people I know. I won't shut up about it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When is twitter not angry.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

So what was even the point of Judomaster anyway?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Be funny and cool

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Warbird posted:

KIAI!!!!!!!

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

CelticPredator posted:

Be funny and cool

Is that an answer to the question or a general commandment?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1494327023904247809?s=21

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Warbird posted:

Fun person for them to fight that wasn't just another Butterfly to mix things up, and prove that the Butterflies can just reason with people. Also, he was entertaining in his own right. And I'm sure he'll be back and pissed next season.

My question is, how the gently caress is he still alive? They never really explained that, and I was expecting them to. I guess he's just another super of some kind, but I thought it was going to at least come up.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Daduzi posted:

Is that an answer to the question or a general commandment?

🧜‍♂️

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I went into this show with the lowest expectations possible. In fact I didn't even start watching it until 2 days ago, but a friend of mine who has a similar taste in tv shows that I do was like "No man, loving watch it, it's great."

I was not expecting John Cena to be so loving engaging and funny. I went into this show expecting a fun 8 episode romp with Peacemaker from Suicide Squad being a dick and killing people. What I got was a loving great show with a very charismatic star that frankly touched on some heavy topics (child hood trauma, being raised by a white nationalist, etc). I can't wait to see where season 2 goes.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

thrawn527 posted:

Fun person for them to fight that wasn't just another Butterfly to mix things up, and prove that the Butterflies can just reason with people. Also, he was entertaining in his own right. And I'm sure he'll be back and pissed next season.

My question is, how the gently caress is he still alive? They never really explained that, and I was expecting them to. I guess he's just another super of some kind, but I thought it was going to at least come up.

Those ninjas are just really resilient, man. They can move their organs around and stuff.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Warbird posted:

The narrative needed someone who wasn't a butterfly to plant the seed early on that the butterflies were (sort of?) benevolent in order for Peacemaker's final decision to have any impact, and given the nature of the conspiracy that could only be a willing and informed human lackey.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

The narrative needed someone who wasn't a butterfly to plant the seed early on that the butterflies were (sort of?) benevolent in order for Peacemaker's final decision to have any impact, and given the nature of the conspiracy that could only be a willing and informed human lackey.

Also turned into a running joke. The cape broke loose and proceeded to eat Cheetos, beat some guys asses at a gas station, and cry in a field.

That’s pretty funny to me.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Mover posted:

i cannot believe we only have one episode left and he has yet to make peas

I haven't caught up to the thread yet but no one seemed to notice this and I just wanted to say that I appreciate you.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

My question is, how the gently caress is he still alive?

People in TV and movies and video games are just more resilient than real people. That’s how it’s always been. In real life, there’s really nowhere you can be shot that won’t mean life-changing injuries, but in fiction pretty much anything other than a headshot is probably an easily shrugged off flesh wound*. At most, you might need to be shown in a hospital bed with a bandage around your midsection.

*Unless the narrative calls for it not to be.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

People have survived a lot more poo poo than movies show. There’s plenty of people who were shot to hell but still made it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

I thought he was shot in the chest and left for dead, but checking online, looks like Economos attended to him to keep him alive? So that's on me missing something.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

thrawn527 posted:

I thought he was shot in the chest and left for dead, but checking online, looks like Economos attended to him to keep him alive? So that's on me missing something.

Judomaster is another alien but his only food source is Cheetos.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Everyone posted:

Judomaster is another alien but his only food source is Cheetos.

Can't wait to see THAT cow

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Hobo Clown posted:

Can't wait to see THAT cow

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Warbird posted:

Mayhaps they’re doing a “we want peace for all” thing and they have to take over and control everything because we’re fuckups of a species and are incapable of it ourselves? Big bad makes some big play of “we both want the same thing” and so on and so forth.

Whelp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
loved the finale, glad my guesses about Auggie being the first helmet ghost, and the butterflies being a group that wants to stop global warming by controlling us but i am so so so excited about one little touch they included without actually saying it about Vigilante: They included that he can regenerate, the line about, "I just need to take a nap," might not be for comedy, he jumped out a hospital window without any scars from a gunshot to the kidney, he took a grenade nearly point blank, and he doesn't seem affected much by his pinky toe after the jail. Could be wrong, but I loved him so much that I honestly hope we get a season 2 or even a Vigilante show. Absolutely had no idea how good this show was gonna be, and it blew me away.