Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sending in the ringer to soak up all the humiliation, lol.
At this point I'm not even sure if they're even actively grooming her for the next presidency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Having just 1% of the population, 1/9th of the far right armed and willing would probably lead to an easy coup in ukraine.

sure but thats why were vetting the weapons exports to make sure the nazis dont get any right

right?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Waffle House posted:

lmao it was definitely worth $30 making people sputter and stammer this badly after obsessively-compulsively picking on me.

Come on, a new avatar is $5, grow up. You're all adults, if you can't take what you dish out...

e: mods can I get a sixer for making people angry well within forum rules?

i don't understand why this mentally ill moron that keeps making every single thread about himself is continued to be allowed to post here.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffle House posted:

lmao it was definitely worth $30 making people sputter and stammer this badly after obsessively-compulsively picking on me.

Come on, a new avatar is $5, grow up. You're all adults, if you can't take what you dish out...

you're a pathetic child. there's nothing obsessive compulsive about pointing out that you are a deadshit

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

mila kunis posted:

i don't understand why this mentally ill moron that keeps making every single thread about himself is continued to be allowed to post here.

oh, he was stinking up the canadian occupation thread too

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Waffle House posted:

So you don't think that buying people "homoerotic avatars" as some kind of an own isn't homophobic itself?

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
love to do primary school level homophobic pranks on posters and then act shocked when they rightly call me a bigot

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

USA probably doesn't need to work too hard to keep the baltics in line, but I have no idea what she can say to Zelensky to not make him even more worried about his American allies.

Bar'd out voice: Hnnrh, they didn't tell me before they sent me here that you were ssoo cute. Huh HAH HAH!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Could you guys stop obsessively quoting me, that is deadass the only way this thread could ever possibly be about me, especially if it makes you stray this far from topic

Like thank you but I do not need a fan club, nor does anyone, and I don't think you're going to find as much probable Report button cause as you hope

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffle House posted:

Could you guys stop obsessively quoting me, that is deadass the only way this thread could ever possibly be about me, especially if it makes you stray this far from topic

Stop posting here like you said you would you homophobic oval office, then we won't have to point out your hosed in the head views on homosexuals

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

you should get probed a day just for saying deadass

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Jeff Fatwood posted:

So you don't think that buying people "homoerotic avatars" as some kind of an own isn't homophobic itself?

I really don't, no, like men's bodies and their choices do not upset me, but admittedly it did take a long time to be comfortable with my own.

Having tried, though, I am not specifically attracted to them.

e: I should just leave you guys to froth if it's this bad for you, like it's obvious I'm only encouraging you to stray from topic. Be excellent to each other.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

wynott dunn posted:

oh, he was stinking up the canadian occupation thread too
I'll have you know that it was just a regular thread until US posters started occupying it.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Sending in the ringer to soak up all the humiliation, lol.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
the defense against a Russian invasion will be a new ‘war against terror’ it doesn’t matter if it happens or not but the idea of it will cause the US to draft insane new laws and policies and untold suffering to many it’s a common ‘build a scarecrow then cry and scream about how scary it is’ tactic america loves to pull

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Waffle House posted:

I really don't, no, like men's bodies and their choices do not upset me, but admittedly it did take a long time to be comfortable with my own.

e: I should just leave you guys to froth if it's this bad for you, like it's obvious I'm only encouraging you to stray from topic. Be excellent to each other.

why are you posting like a Mormon

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

so what kind of friedman-type unit are we at now for invasion predictions? the next *6 days* will be crucial?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Lostconfused posted:

USA probably doesn't need to work too hard to keep the baltics in line, but I have no idea what she can say to Zelensky to not make him even more worried about his American allies.

She will tell the Russians, "Do not come.

Do not come."

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1494374550972223493
https://twitter.com/PopulismUpdates/status/1494381286504353802

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Torpor posted:

none of that is opsec or secret or anything. it’s like artillery 101.

But still, if you must report me, remember that I’m bravely standing against covid and heroically divulged my identity. Please send all complaints to HQ BTY, CFAS, GAGETOWN, NB. Hold the Line, Honk Honk, etc.

The real hilarious poo poo is proposals like using Iron Dome and CRAM so that enemy artillery can just be ignored. This came about because at a certain point they gave up on trying to find Taliban mortars so, much like covid, they looked for ways To Live With The Shelling. I read a bunch of Max Boot rear end papers about how because the CRAM radar can track and engage x shells a minute, as long as we had enough we’d be invincible. Even more after the hype for Iron Dome. Okay, so ignore for a minute it’s not 100% reliable or effective, then scale up for all the troops you’d need to protect in a conventional heavy NATO formation, scale up again for the size of the threat and the “plan” would cost…

Keep in mind Russian 122mm and 152mm shells cost between $200-400 CAD. I think a 122mm Grad rocket is fairly cheap but rockets aren’t my thing. I used to have exact prices of shells from their export catalogues but that I probably can’t shitpost.

So, we thumb through Publicly available NATO articles on contemporary Russian artillery doctrine, and we see the problem - that’s a lot of shells and rockets!

Unit cost for the land based Phalanx is ~$7M CAD, Iron Dome costs ~$63M CAD for a battery, per-interception cost is ~$190K per interception. Iron Dome needs to be reloaded after every 20 shots, which apparently takes a long time and is a source of embarrassment for the Israelis in the same way the Gulf War revealed Patriots take forever and a day to reload.

Without trying to crunch the numbers on the rate of fire of a gun artillery battery, a single Grad launcher has 40 tubes, so a battery of equivalent strength can quite literally just overwhelm any single Iron Dome Battery or CRAM, both would be dry while more than half the rounds were still in the air. That’s ignoring modernized launchers with more tubes, that some batteries have 6 launchers, and the Russians often fire by Battalion.

That’s not even getting into the Iron Dome or CRAM radars being able to track and engage that many targets, which I doubt and has never been established to match Israeli claims, and the rate of fire for the Grad being several times higher than Iron Done. Iron Dome would cost $3.8M CAD per 20 rockets fired at it.

Do you see what I mean? NATO has leaned so heavily on throwing money and technology at problems that we have papers being put out that propose spending millions of dollars to still get shelled, while claiming that constitutes invulnerability to the point where enemy shelling no longer has to be planned around. Just sign the country over to Rafael if that’s what you’re proposing because I gave up on trying to calculate costs for this post.

How did we get here? Because CRAM worked successfully on an extremely limited scale in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Iron Dome has also partially worked on an even more limited scale in Israel. Because people are unable to differentiate in their approach to Russia from that, it creates this broken thinking. It’s a sickness, really. Russia is just the GWOT but bigger, so we don’t need to change anything, just do more. This is weird Natsec Atlantic Council thinking because it doesn’t account for any military reality, only a change in setting.

It’s like - and I don’t know how to communicate this - these NATO hawks, at least the ones writing papers - literally can’t conceive of NATO troops being shelled. They know “NATO Must Confront Russia” but when they envision it, it’s no different from “ISAF Must Confront The Taliban” so they just transpose all of it.

They write papers on the Russian military, but none of their proposals suggest we change anything in response to that, if that makes sense. Like when Brown Moses counts Russian tanks in a Motor Rifle Regiment, I genuinely don’t think he sees them as something that threatens NATO. He sees targets for NATO airstrikes in the same way he counted tanks in Syria. It just means more sorties for F-35’s to fly unopposed, just like a massive Russian artillery park just means we “simply” need more Iron Domes.

So yeah, that’s a lot of words to say I’ve had to keep up with some of this stuff, and there’s this… gap? Maybe? Between evaluation and response, and I can see how it shapes the conversation, but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on in there. The Doctrine Papers don’t make sense, the Policy Papers don’t make sense, and whatever is causing that disconnect, where the first half is a reasonable evaluation of the situation and the second half is fantasyland poo poo, that is going to be a big problem because it shows that there’s this thing getting in the way of decision making.

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 22:22 on Feb 17, 2022

Morbus
May 18, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

This isn't intended to be a "gotcha" question, but I'm genuinely curious on this take-- Do you think the Palestinians should cease resistance and their territories incorporated into Israel? If that's different, why not?

i, for one, insist on the right of the ukrainian people to return to their ancestral homeland

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

why is anyone surprised that chiang Kai sheks son would run for office? this happens all the time.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DiscountDildos posted:

I'm in the Assoff Batallion because every time they say invasion imminent I lmao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Was Chiang's grandson named after John Wayne?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Morbus posted:

i, for one, insist on the right of the ukrainian people to return to their ancestral homeland

me too if Ukrainians and Russians went back to their homeland half the population of Israel would be freed up lol

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Al-Saqr posted:

me too if Ukrainians and Russians went back to their homeland half the population of Israel would be freed up lol

lmao

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

Waffle House posted:

I mean, if you're going to just project homophobia on other posters and then try to own them with avatars, you're just signing off on that assumed homophobia instead of telling them to rightfully gently caress off.

So you're basically just paying the forums so you can be homophobic.

I'm sure there's a NATO projecting Russian aggression allegory there somewhere.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The only reason he didn't buy me a homoerotic avi is because he thinks I might like it.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Al-Saqr posted:

:hmmyes:

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The only reason he didn't buy me a homoerotic avi is because he thinks I might like it.
I like mine but I can't discern the gender of the person on the left of the picture so I can't determine whether I should be aroused by it. Anyway I hope they're both male

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I like mine but I can't discern the gender of the person on the left of the picture so I can't determine whether I should be aroused by it. Anyway I hope they're both male

it's from the most popular music video of the last several years

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Waffle House posted:

buddy if you sucked dick you can just say it

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the person on the left is Lil Nas X from the hit music video Call me by Your Name, in which Lil Nas X goes to hell and seduces the devil

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

QUEER FRASIER posted:

the person on the left is Lil Nas X from the hit music video Call me by Your Name, in which Lil Nas X goes to hell and seduces the devil
Very good, thank you :)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No, this int about more wealth. Its about cronies unable to access their castles due to sanctions. They paid millions and cant access the property. Second is Putin loves to be a chessmaster, its a meme how he hates to deal with Rusdian internal isdues such as rabid dogs attacking a child or even grown man (a real thing that ru internal news talk a lot about) but is giddy moving pieces around the map

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i say swears online posted:

it's from the most popular music video of the last several years

wtf... the 90's are over bro

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

No, this int about more wealth. Its about cronies unable to access their castles due to sanctions. They paid millions and cant access the property. Second is Putin loves to be a chessmaster, its a meme how he hates to deal with Rusdian internal isdues such as rabid dogs attacking a child or even grown man (a real thing that ru internal news talk a lot about) but is giddy moving pieces around the map

lol

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

At this point I'm not even sure if they're even actively grooming her for the next presidency.

that makes them smart!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
mr putin why are you doing a genocide in the ukraine for castles when there are rabid dogs devouring men in the streets????????