Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

But Amazon isn't going around scanning for copyrighted content in S3 buckets (which is what all of those other services are sitting on top of anyways).

Speaking from experience, they do :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is slicing a guys neck with the spurs of your boot unique to near dark? if not i’ve somehow seen the movie as a kid

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Hundreds of TB easily

I was wondering. To be a few TB they'd have to be deleting literally everything but the final uploaded cuts of episodes as soon as they finish. even then I wouldn't be surprised if just the work in progress stuff surpasses "a few TB" handily

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
the wizard keeps everything backed up on LTO-8 in vacuum sealed cold storage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

printing the M*x L*nd*s HITB and that crackhead BOTW to kodak vision 35mm and storing it down a salt mine so youtube can't get to them

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

printing the M*x L*nd*s HITB and that crackhead BOTW to kodak vision 35mm and storing it down a salt mine so youtube can't get to them

Some archeologist 4,000 years from now: We can tell that the rainbow-haired one was considered some kind of high-caste priest, or possibly, a god, based on the position of prominence by which they secured all records of him

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

poisonpill posted:

Some archeologist 4,000 years from now: We can tell that the rainbow-haired one was considered some kind of high-caste priest, or possibly, a god, based on the position of prominence by which they secured all records of him

See how he prophesied that we would be able to see the man's ballsack, and lo.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Last year before Christmas FYAD started a thread about how all v-tubers are pedofile enablers and the V-tuber thread in ADTRW got really bent out of shape, but eventually some of the QCS petitioned the mods and had admins look into it, and within 12 hours the V-tuber thread had been closed, reopened, locked, closed forever, and then mod of the anime forum got banned for posting pedofile poo poo. One of the funnier microsagas of FYAD for sure, IMO.

Mods knew

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Cubone posted:

the wizard keeps everything backed up on LTO-8 in vacuum sealed cold storage

Between Rich Evans and Josh, RLM need never fear any IT troubles

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I'm clearing my RLM backlog as plagueisland is on spicy amber storm alert (Friday is the peak), watched Bruce Willis Movie Industrial Complex video as I was wrapping up work, it was pretty entertaining to listen.

Good jerb pink cheeks Mike and sexy Jay

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

DNA seems like it has a good track record for keeping data for long periods of time, although reading the data may take a while. In a thousand years someone can grab their jar of goo labeled "Space Cop", put a drop in the sequencer and see what their primitive ancestors thought the future would be like.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

bitterandtwisted posted:

...that's your take on Titane? :psyduck:

Just to be clear I obviously haven't watched it yet

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

X JAKK posted:

i dont do any cuts, perhaps you will love me one day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKNVwROjf70

tell me what it's like to have been in cryo sleep since 1997

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

precision posted:

tell me what it's like to have been in cryo sleep since 1997

Lmaoooooo

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

"Beetlejuice reviews old TV shows" is an odd premise for a youtube channel

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Pham Nuwen posted:

"Beetlejuice reviews old TV shows" is an odd premise for a youtube channel

i mean, at least they seem to be having fun, but still... haha man it sucks rear end

i know people say "i could do better" about a lot of things but... i literally could do better. we all could. i think. not trying to be mean. but if you buy a banner ad and post your dumb poo poo in here then you can't expect me not to be honest. i don't post my weird bullshit on SA haha

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
yeah man totally

that Kevin James movie is a remake of a 1998 Steve Guttenberg film

the only trailer is in german, but the whole thing is free on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQV14Qo-8sc

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 17, 2022

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
call me when someone gets the bright idea to remake Soul Man

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Dabir posted:

That's the only one I've seen and it's great. Imaginary Hitler gets yeeted out of a window.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCB9V07EPN4

Ah yes, the funnest war movie romp that I will never watch again.

Seriously, it's great but I felt really weirded out for laughing about all of it.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

precision posted:

call me when someone gets the bright idea to remake Soul Man

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

DiHK posted:

Ah yes, the funnest war movie romp that I will never watch again.

Seriously, it's great but I felt really weirded out for laughing about all of it.

It evoked what I think was a point in the Episode 1(?) review talking about the juxtaposition of comedic moments and tragedy or somberness and how you have to have proper pacing with all of that. It was an entire movie of sadness and dark themes pinballing around with stuff that was very funny, which I felt like it managed to effectively pull off but was never entirely sure. It's a weird movie that's hard to articulate feelings about. I had the same experience where by the time the credits roll I was extremely bummed out while saying "yeah that was funny," and doubt I'll ever watch it again. Hunt for the Wilderpeople remains Taika Waititi's high water mark.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

X JAKK posted:

i dont do any cuts, perhaps you will love me one day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKNVwROjf70

Some actual feedback: I made it 30 second in, then skipped ahead randomly and watched another 10 seconds. It was unbearable because of the bit you're doing where you're fake drunk or something. Like, there was a clever joke (the title implying Tarzan had already been to the lost city) but the weird delivery ruined it.

The movie review/breakdown movies I enjoy don't do stupid characters. The ones I hate do. Be less like the Nostalgia Critic and more like Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews.

Unless that's not a bit and you're like that in real life, in which case please do something about that.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

About your feedback, I made it about 10 words in, then skipped ahead randomly.

rydiafan posted:

Some actual feedback: I made it 30 second in, then It was because of the bit you're doing where you're something, there was a clever joke but weird.

I enjoy you in real life, please do something.

Thank you very much, I enjoy you too. :)

but yes, need to improve so i can sell my likeness, production company, and all IP for a half million dollars so I have enough to give a good future for her son and the girl that likes me will leave her husband and Ill finally have a real family cause this had no goal before but now purpose has been found yes thank you i will do better and take my brain pills and do better and get stronger daddy needs to be strong ok thank you

just gotta keep doing what im doing but like bigger and angrier, im too relaxed, slurring words, it robs me of sincerity, i have to enunciate, like way over the top pronouncing out everything so its clear what im trying to say, and like put my entire soul into the fate of these imaginary characters, and then people will get me, exactly

im actually being sincere for once

X JAKK fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 17, 2022

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Baz Luhrmann’s ELVIS :hellyeah:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDLRvjHVOY

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if only we all had the level of media analysis and criticism as elvis did when he shot that tv

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

LanceHunter posted:

Oh yea, that would easily be $2,250/month stored on AWS. (Even if they went with the dirt-cheapest archive-tier, you're looking around at least $1000/month.)

Mike spends more than that on alcohol

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Remember how xjakk got ran out of the previous version of this thread for incessantly shilling his lovely YouTube channel and being an insufferable prick about it?

Let's reboot that.

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Kingo Ligma posted:

Remember how xjakk got ran out of the previous version of this thread for incessantly shilling his lovely YouTube channel and being an insufferable prick about it?

Let's reboot that.

i posted one clifford movie review and never spoke about it again for months while still regularly posting?
you ok there pisshands?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For the love of God someone talk about star wars again

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

star....

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cowcaster posted:

sorry hodor if you want to be a true anime fan you need to embrace grown women who talk like babies and act as though they have brain damage
https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1339282322999406593?s=20&t=CoWXqwZxqXGxemQm3u0ltg

it's probably my favorite tweet of his.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

....trek!

:grin:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/star-trek-2023-movie-chris-pine-1235094254/

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

I think you're the 3rd or 4th person to break this news in the thread.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Shinjobi posted:

For the love of God someone talk about star wars again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53IxFe5qFgM

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
https://youtu.be/K4FW1GFX3JI

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

You're okay, lil buddy

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

what crackhead

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I thought you couldn't shill your own stuff on sa in general tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Milo and POTUS posted:

what crackhead

diamond cobra?