Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Jeremy Corbyn was born in 1949.

The Korean War started in 1950.

Ergo....

e: What a poo poo page snipe. I'm so sorry.

e2: Content

quote:

68 is a Perrin number.[1]

It is the largest known number to be the sum of two primes in exactly two different ways: 68 = 7 + 61 = 31 + 37.[2] All higher even numbers that have been checked are the sum of three or more pairs of primes; the conjecture that 68 is the largest number with this property is closely related to the Goldbach conjecture and, like it, remains unproven.[3]

Because of the factorization of 68 as 22 × (222 + 1), a 68-sided regular polygon may be constructed with compass and straightedge.[4]

and https://twitter.com/PhilipProudfoot/status/1494324362299641856

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Going back in time to stamp on this one particular butterfly.

I think it was Rachel Riley being voted off strictly that sent us down this hell timeline.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/jonoread/status/1494373898724515846

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

Not sure if I'd go for a Labour win in 2017 but Corbs has to do Brexit or a Remain win in 2016 meaning no backbench poo poo fit and a Brexitless election against Osborne or whoever where anti-austerity would hopefully win out.
If I'm being given some kind of divine fiat to create the material conditions to change one democratic result I'd definitely go for a Corbyn landslide in 2017 and hope for a better Brexit and an end to the backbench poo poo fit as they're not needed to secure votes.

But a 70% remain win burying the whole thing for a generation would be my choice if I was going to FBPE it, rather than loving about with leadership elections.

Either does involve ignoring entirely why results are what they are though.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

fuuuuck lol

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Note: Wheelie died on the way back to his home planet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
My bin just got emptied and now I'm debating whether to put a couple of bricks in it or if that's asking for more trouble.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

That bin is having the time of it's life, don't deprive yours of this opportunity

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Guavanaut posted:

My bin just got emptied and now I'm debating whether to put a couple of bricks in it or if that's asking for more trouble.

If everyone leaves their bins out, after the wind blows through, your property will still contain one bin on average.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Video is 8 months old according to the replies

(my bins, however, are in the garage)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

You've got a bin garage? Posho

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Has the bin come down yet?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Its the persistent deification of David Milliband that gets me, because they honestly believe that hes a strong progressive warrior when 1) Hes never shown himself to be anything other than a bland, New Labour manager type and 2) Immediately quit politics because he lost a single leadership election against his brother.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

And now nick clegg is his boss

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

New season of Doctor Who looks good

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

Gorn Myson posted:

Its the persistent deification of David Milliband that gets me, because they honestly believe that hes a strong progressive warrior when 1) Hes never shown himself to be anything other than a bland, New Labour manager type and 2) Immediately quit politics because he lost a single leadership election against his brother.

Yeah, it's really weird. I guess it's down to the whole thing about how you can deify someone who never actually achieved anything because they're a blank canvas who never let you down and you can project all your hopes and dreams onto them. John Smith seems to get the same treatment, although he did at least make it to the top.

All I can remember about David Milliband's leadership pitch was a mansion tax, tweaking the BBC's corporate structure and fully accepting austerity. Really inspiring stuff that absolutely would not have gone down like a cup of cold sick with the electorate in 2015..

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that's it exactly - every melt who actually stayed in politics has shown themselves to be completely loving useless so the galaxy brains and the FBPEs can only rely on ~what might have been~

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

NotJustANumber99 posted:

You've got a bin garage? Posho
Garage gym :smug:

Did until this afternoon anyway, now I've got a garage jammed full of like plant pots & furniture & junk

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/1494352692373860362

Getting Dunked on from the Left by David Davis for gently caress sake.

Borrovan posted:

Garage gym :smug:

Did until this afternoon anyway, now I've got a garage jammed full of like plant pots & furniture & junk

Oooh look at Mr Fancy here with his Garage Gym!

It's called a grunt hole you tory gently caress

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
2017 GE is the result I’d change, or even 2015 GE. A repudiation of Cameronism/Austerity after one term would have been great, and being on the Miliband Labour timeline would be better than this Starmer Labour timeline.

The 2019 election was the most devastating in the past 10 years, as it signalled the end of the left’s chance at power for at least a generation. But it’s not the result I’d change.

For as horrific as this government’s response to Covid has been, I can’t imagine how badly this country would have dealt with Covid if Corbyn had scraped together an election victory in 2019 and formed a coalition government.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's called a grunt hole you tory gently caress
:hmmyes: it is now

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

wait is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 out already??

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Thing about this Rayner tweet is if this was cop policy, what's to stop any disgruntled person phoning the cops and saying you're a terrorist.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Pretty much nothing other than that you can yourself be arrested (and possibly shot) for doing it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

these days, if you say someone else is a terrorist

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
yeah, Harry Stanley got loving executed in the street in broad daylight by the Met because some paranoid idiot mistook a Scottish accent for an Irish one and was unable to identify a piece of wooden furniture:

Apraxin fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 17, 2022

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/DavidDavisMP/status/1494352692373860362

Getting Dunked on from the Left by David Davis for gently caress sake.

Its just own goal after own goal with these idiots.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Apraxin posted:

yeah, Harry Stanley got loving executed in the street in broad daylight by the Met because some paranoid idiot mistook a Scottish accent for an Irish one and was unable to identify a piece of wooden furniture:

yes but 23 years later they're definitely on the road to improvement

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Controversial suggestion: change the result of the referendum on the Alternative Vote referendum. Take one step forwards in unfucking the foundations of British politics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Make giant asteroid the winner of 1997.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/1494412869563305985?s=19

Lmao

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

The incoming storm is already 3-4mb lower than the main models predicted it would be at this time.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Who are the pro-Putin Marxists who don't shoot terrorists? They sound confused.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

fuctifino posted:

The incoming storm is already 3-4mb lower than the main models predicted it would be at this time.

Is that better or worse?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Tsietisin posted:

Is that better or worse?

means the queen is dead and their hiding it from us i think

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tsietisin posted:

Is that better or worse?

Uses less bandwidth.

Though more seriously I think worse? Storms are usually low pressure systems I think, so lower pressure means more intense variation.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

low pressure means wind goes there so if its even less pressure more wind is going there faster?

its bad

I've actually got my own floating map I jump around in my swimming pool

so i know what I'm talking about

also fuctifino always assumes theyre lying to us and its bad

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Yeah, the lower the pressure, the more severe the storm is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

I just wanted to say I appreciate this rigourous and well-represented piece of data journalism.