Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I was learning about this game last night, looks pretty cool. And all previous backers get a free set of the updated minis minus shipping which is wow, great move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Getting the Monster Care Squad physical copies this Friday. Somewhat concerned about the structural integrity of my home. Good motivation to get them mailed out quickly, I suppose.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

Where's my Monster Care, Monster Care man?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Stonehaven has some new miniatures available as both pewter and STLs on the edge of not funding, I've gotten some nice stuff in the past from them, though this one isn't really for me

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

gently caress yes, it is time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsbudR2bW_8

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Jimbozig posted:

Yeah, so far. I don't think this particular campaign can ever be a fair trial between the platforms because the large majority of backers so far have come over from the previous Kickstarter. But I'll be able to compare and cross-reference backer reports to see where existing backers went and where new backers went, and I'll be happy to post the numbers here for anyone curious.

Coming back to this now that the campaign is done to say that I'd be interested in hearing the final breakdown of the funding numbers across the different platforms.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Kai Tave posted:

Coming back to this now that the campaign is done to say that I'd be interested in hearing the final breakdown of the funding numbers across the different platforms.

Yeah, the short answer is I got about $1900 on KS, $100 on IGG, and $100 on itch. I still have to go over the backer reports to see details about how many were from the first KS that failed to fund and how many were new. I don't know if IGG or itch brought in any new people at all or if those were just people who initially backed on KS and then switched. I'll make a post about that with details once I've gone over it. Maybe this weekend.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Tsilkani posted:

gently caress yes, it is time.

From the looks of this video, same old font, though. Sigh.

I mean, I'm backing, because I really like Fragged Empire. Still...

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

atholbrose posted:

From the looks of this video, same old font, though. Sigh.

I mean, I'm backing, because I really like Fragged Empire. Still...

Yeah, Wade's been somewhat surprisingly resistant to criticism of the font and layout. I'm probably backing anyway as well.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

NTRabbit posted:

Stonehaven has some new miniatures available as both pewter and STLs on the edge of not funding, I've gotten some nice stuff in the past from them, though this one isn't really for me

I looked up "skin of one's teeth" in the dictionary and it linked to this. $14,002 pledged of $14,000 goal.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

lilljonas posted:

I looked up "skin of one's teeth" in the dictionary and it linked to this. $14,002 pledged of $14,000 goal.

Did you also look up "backed with their own money"?

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Jedit posted:

A.k.a. "call your mother to pitch in the last couple of hundos"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jedit posted:

Explain this
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gillyswrld/fold-the-socks-sock-folding-family-board-game

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Why do I have to? It's not my project.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

Fold the Socks posted:

With how large the sock folding army has grown to my main obstacle will be production and shipping.
Yeah, no poo poo, that's my biggest concern, too.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

This is setting out your tip jar with a dollar in it to get more people to go for it, but everyone is still all like "nah".

Which is kind of amusing, because while the game looks stupid, it doesn't really look any dumber than like exploding kittens or those board/card game equivalents of shovelware "family" games. (Where "family" just means zero thought or complexity in the game.)

If it was already by the checkouts at like Walmart, it would probably sell a bunch.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/gillyswrld/created

This is attempt #2 for Fold the Socks. And this person's third kickstarter, where the first was a toilet paper holder made from spring door stops.

They have to be trolling, right?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Lmao the TP holder

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

armorer posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/profile/gillyswrld/created

This is attempt #2 for Fold the Socks. And this person's third kickstarter, where the first was a toilet paper holder made from spring door stops.

They have to be trolling, right?

I thought so until I saw the toilet paper holder

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

What is it with people "re-inventing" something that exists and could literally not be more simple?

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

gschmidl posted:

What is it with people "re-inventing" something that exists and could literally not be more simple?

My holder has an open end (like with an upturned hook kinda like that one) and slightly swings and it takes about 2 seconds to put a new roll on and I've never had a roll fall off the end.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

JazzFlight posted:

My holder has an open end (like with an upturned hook kinda like that one) and slightly swings and it takes about 2 seconds to put a new roll on and I've never had a roll fall off the end.

Ah but did you get to Kickstart it and participate in a disruption of norms?

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
3 created, Zero backed. That's what I want in a Kickstarter project creator; complete ambivalence to the platform.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Isle of Cats Don’t Forget the Kittens came in today and I’m as impressed with the quality, detail, and fulfillment of it as the original Kickstarter.

I bought the over the big edition of new stuff and think it was a pretty good deal. Jumbo box that fits the original all xpacs, a very nice laser cut organizer for it all, the Draw and Play version of the game, and a bunch of little extras. The box is ver sturdy just like previous box.

New xpacs look fun and the draw and play will make a great travel game. The Kickstarter went live last summer so they’ve fulfilled in less than a year and one month early from their estimate which is pretty incredible. They shipped after my copy of dark tower shipped and managed to make it to port and to fulfillment faster.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Magnetic North posted:

3 created, Zero backed. That's what I want in a Kickstarter project creator; complete ambivalence to the platform.

They've also had a whopping total of 4 backers across all three of their projects.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

I currently have an unopened 3rd edition Fury of Dracula, a friend who moved out of the hellhole known as Florida had their own copy we used. Like others have said it can drag and is not really as simple or streamlined as Whitehall Mystery. But I don't like the setting as it has been brought up before, even if it's paperthin.

Has anyone tried both the previously mentioned and upcoming Beast, and where Beast stands in complexity and length in comparison to those.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The Beast people have just received factory samples, so almost no one has been able to try Beast, outside of playing it on TTS perhaps.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Looks like the people who did Aeon's End are making a new game with the same gameplay but new setting/characters/aesthetic. Looks like a big cosmic superhero kinda thing. It's called Astro Knights.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ibcgames/astro-knights

Can't tell if that means they reskinned Aeon's End or if they mean that it's copying Aeon's End but with some stuff cut out. I assume the latter. I only played a bit of the first Aeon's End so idk how those games progressed, if they got more complex and heavy or not.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 19, 2022

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Was hoping someone had tried it on tts yeah Seems like the Venn diagram for all three games,including one that's not even out yet, having been tried is rather small.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Looks like the people who did Aeon's End are making a new game with the same gameplay but new setting/characters/aesthetic. Looks like a big cosmic superhero kinda thing. It's called Astro Knights.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ibcgames/astro-knights

Can't tell if that means they reskinned Aeon's End or if they mean that it's copying Aeon's End but with some stuff cut out. I assume the latter. I only played a bit of the first Aeon's End so idk how those games progressed, if they got more complex and heavy or not.

It's very similar but it's not the same - in particular, Aeon's End has a Dominion style fixed market of 9 card piles, and Astro Knights has a random market row ala things like Ascension and the (terrible) Cryptozoic deckbuilding games. Also I think in general Astro Knights is a bit simpler? One Stop Coop Shop has a preview video. Mike's conclusion was that it's pretty good but if you're already heavily bought into Aeon's End you probably don't need it. (He isn't, and I think is going to get Astro Knights.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Speaking of kickstarters, Daniel Fox is on his poo poo again, but this time on Facebook ads. He's throwing every possible buzzword at it, claiming that his wfrp knockoff is awesome at playing Castlevania and Dark Souls, and also that it's a "D&D killer."

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Castlevania, maybe, considering the Hamtime interest in vampires and the mechanics therein, and even then I'd use 2e. Dark Souls lol lmao gently caress you.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Hostile V posted:

Castlevania, maybe, considering the Hamtime interest in vampires and the mechanics therein, and even then I'd use 2e. Dark Souls lol lmao gently caress you.
I forgot to mention, it's also the "kingdom death of rpg's" per the newest Facebook ad I've seen.

They threw a bunch of nerd buzzwords in a blender.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

dwarf74 posted:

I forgot to mention, it's also the "kingdom death of rpg's" per the newest Facebook ad I've seen.

They threw a bunch of nerd buzzwords in a blender.

https://mobile.twitter.com/duvalmagic/status/486550022910005248

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm one of the ten people who played Battleborn but it was none of those things.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Speaking of kickstarters, Daniel Fox is on his poo poo again, but this time on Facebook ads. He's throwing every possible buzzword at it, claiming that his wfrp knockoff is awesome at playing Castlevania and Dark Souls, and also that it's a "D&D killer."

Who is Daniel Fox and what is wfrp?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

FirstAidKite posted:

what is wfrp?

Extreme troll or :smith:

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

He is the dingus that made Zweihander, which is essentially Warhammer Fantasy Role Play with the numbers filed off.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Dingus that made Zweihander and also department head at Andrews-McMeel Publishing. Also it's like every single edition (1-3e) of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay crammed into one book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ah thank you, hadn't heard of any of those so I was v confused. Only know about warhammer as just the wargames.