Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Midnight Voyager posted:

AITA if I told my twin that she could live like me for once?

Losing my mind at the idea of telling someone's IDENTICAL twin that they're the pretty one.

how did they even decide??

they started telling the dumb one that to make her feel better and they wound up believing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Midnight Voyager posted:

Oh boy, this gem is in the comments:

quote:

Info: did Leia ever spoke out about the unfair treatment you've had while you were growing up?

OP posted:

The opposite, actually. We weren't really close and she'd constantly find excuses to ridicule me and berate me. She would tattle to our mom if I ever asked her to borrow her makeup or clothes and I would be punished. I bought myself a nice lipstick from the money I'd saved working at a fast-food restaurant in our area while I was in high school and my mom confiscated it & gave it to Leia because I 'didnt need it'. She made sure to never miss a single chance to remind me about my 'failed attempt at trying to be pretty like her'. That's just one of the hundreds of incidents that have happened in my childhood.
:sever:

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Quackles posted:

Oh boy, this gem is in the comments:

:sever:

Just when you think it can't get worse, it does. Mom is lucky she didn't get a knuckle sandwich for taking her lipstick.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
saw this in pyf memes and thought of the thread

Midnight Voyager posted:

Losing my mind at the idea of telling someone's IDENTICAL twin that they're the pretty one.

i have brothers who are identical twins and i couldnt tell them apart before puberty but after puberty they were very different and they look very different now but op is saying it happened in childhood so her parents are insane

snergle fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 19, 2022

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Midnight Voyager posted:

The Sweet Valley High reboot no one needed.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

It's the other side of the "we treat them like identical dolls" bad parenting. Shove the kids off into different niches and force them to stay in their lane.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for leaving a bad review on a facility director I bullied 12 years ago?

quote:

I was a bratty teenager.

I treated others unfairly. I'm not proud of it.

After graduating high school I didn't have a clue on what to do, so I went to a community college and choose a program that sounded interesting. Because I'm very outgoing I made friends pretty quick. People found me hilarious. The main reason I was so funny was I really ripped into one of the shy girls in class.

Obviously I had issues with my security at the time and have gone thru therapy. During this period though I didn't have the right guidance. I knew to make friends we had to find a common ground. She was just an easy target.

It should be noted I think she suffered from anxiety before the program. the more classmates and I laughed at her or snubbed her the more anxious she became to where the instructor told her this wasn't the career for her because she wasn't functioning to her full ability.

It doesn't matter, I know, but I regret it. No one will believe me but I did experience karma and lots of it after all this.

Now: my fiance and I decided we wanted to adopt a pet and one of the animal rehabilitation centers were listing an adorable dog. We decided to meet her. First we had to talk with the facility's director which surprise surprise is the girl I bullied.

We recognized each other pretty quick.

I don't know if it was the past or her being so shy but she was very uneasy thru our conversation. She seemed in a good spot overall (married, kids, obviously successful career) which was relief to me. I hoped she had moved on from everything. I did admit to her I was sorry for how things were all those years ago, but she had obviously flourished beyond that.

She smiled and said yes she has.

I'm relieved and believe the past is the past.

An hour later the fiance gets a called saying we were not approved for the next steps of possibly meeting the dog. Obviously I was wrong in my assumption. I reviewed the facility and called her out by name because I know very well there isn't anything that makes us unfit owners.

My fiance doesn't agree with me though, in fact he says I'm only fueling the fire, and maybe if I hadn't been such a b we wouldn't have been rejected. AITA?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for leaving a bad review on a facility director I bullied 12 years ago?

Acid vaaaaaaaaaaaat

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Acid vaaaaaaaaaaaat

Seriously, who the gently caress is ripping into people in a college class? And who the gently caress is laughing along to the person ripping into someone in a college class?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My (23F) boyfriend of 4 months told his kids to call me mom.

quote:

I think I have a different dating history than most people my age. I was married for two years from age 19 to 21 to my high school sweetheart. We had an amicable and quick divorce, which was finalized a month after my 22nd birthday.

The marriage allowed both of us to learn a lot about ourselves. He wanted to take on a potentially very rewarding, but also unstable career in filmmaking. The life of short term gigs involved lots of traveling, long days, stress, and giving your life up to your boss 24/7 was not a situation either of us wanted to bring children into and I strongly wanted to have a stable family and just be a homebody.

After my divorce I got a job as an administrative assistant at a commercial real estate firm while I was studying to get my real estate license. I met my boyfriend when I was at an industry event with my boss and coworkers. I immediately felt bad for him because he said he was a single father to two daughters and that their mother had died of cancer two months ago.

A week after we met, he asked me out for coffee and I declined, thinking it was too soon after his wife died. But we continued talking over text and the phone and two weeks later I agreed to go out to dinner with him. He told me that he and his wife were in the process of a divorce but that he had moved back into the marital home for the final month of her life to take care of her and the kids. He said that it might seem like he was rushing into stuff but the marriage was over for a while but the divorce couldn't exactly go quickly when one party was ill and he had kids to think about.

I met his kids for the first time two months ago because his older daughter was turning 8 ( his younger daughter is 3.) He introduced me at the birthday party as his friend. His late wife's sister, who hand made the decorations and baked the cake for the birthday kind of gave me a CIA background interview line of questioning until my boyfriend dragged me away, but I understood her position.

My boyfriend has a development and property management firm centered around shopping plazas, and I have been shadowing him a lot. Our romantic relationship is also great- he is very affectionate, always big on displays of affection, and very spontaneous, while also being a stable family man. When I told him I wanted to have kids young and hopefully have one of each, a boy and a girl, he said he supports my goals and would love to have kids with someone who would be such a great mother.

But the only thing that made me sort of uncomfortable was when he'd have the kids' nanny spontaneously bring them to surprise me. Not him, but just me specifically. Once we were going into a a mall his company managed after hours and when I met him at the door he said surprise and I saw his two kids were there. He then said I could just shadow one of his staff who was doing a walk through of a vacated store and take the girls with me for some quality time. And then he just left us and his three year old, who had easily taken a liking to me, got cranky because she was obviously tired and his older daughter looked like she didn't know what to do.

After that event, his former sister in law texted me and told me about the kids' daily routines and their likes and dislikes. She also asked me on multiple occasions to remind my boyfriend to respond regarding letting the kids go out with her for an afternoon. But she also admitted that she wished that I would not have been introduced to the kids yet.

Since our relationship has progressed, I have spent time at my boyfriend's house, sometimes sleeping over. He has insisted on meeting my parents and asked me if I moved in before or after my ex husband and I got married. He has also talked a lot about his far out future plans and asked if he fit into my future plans.

I have gotten close to both kids, especially the younger daughter but I was in for a surprise when yesterday his younger daughter called me mom. His older daughter said that her dad said that her dad said they should call me mom.

When I asked my boyfriend about the mom thing he said that he'd be very happy if they considered me their mom and that his younger daughter will not remember his ex wife that much, if at all. I told hi that this was a lot to take in, and he told me that this didn't mean that I had to think of them as my kids yet, and that he still wants my one boy and one girl family to happen, and that it would with him I wanted it.

What do I do? His former sister in law will likely hear about this eventually. My boyfriend is busy and often cannot speak with her so most of the communications about the kids have somehow fallen on me. I really want kids, and I really have fallen in love with this man, but this is a lot. I can interact well with his kids, but I tried to tell him that I didn't have the skills to jump head first into mothering, and he just dismiss it and said that when I have a baby of my own it will come so natural and quickly and I won't have any problems with children, but until then, it is just trail and error.

boyfriend is 44

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Mx. posted:

boyfriend is 44

The dots I connected from 23F OP and dude's daughter just turning 8 were pretty accurate

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA For Depositing A Check My Mom Wrote Me?

The r/aita authors are just mining Seinfeld episodes now?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The r/aita authors are just mining Seinfeld episodes now?

AITA for stealing a marble rye from an old lady?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
aita for pissing in the corner of a parking garage?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Brawnfire posted:

Seriously, who the gently caress is ripping into people in a college class? And who the gently caress is laughing along to the person ripping into someone in a college class?

It’s community college. There was a whole tv show about the goings on there

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It’s community college. There was a whole tv show about the goings on there

Puppy application denied: Schmitty.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

moonmazed posted:

aita for pissing in the corner of a parking garage?

YTA because I was walking by and got scared at someone recreating the ending to the Blair Piss Project outta the corner of my eye. Cmon man find a bush like adam and eve intended.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

My family is upset that I refuse to house my brother.

quote:

My (29F) brother (27M) is not the kind of person you really want hanging around. He is more of the kind of person that will take anything that isn't nailed down. He steals to fund his addiction.

My dad has bailed him out every time he's gotten in trouble and he basically just gets a slap on the hand and thats it. My mom is convinced he has never done anything he's been accused of and that he is just having a rough patch.

He has serious anger management issues ( even before he was an addict he would fly off the handle over any small disagreement or inconvenience) and the last time he was in jail was for domestic abuse against his girlfriend.

Anyway he got bailed out again 2 days ago and my parents wanted me to house him until he gets on his feet ( not going to happen, he refuses to work). I refused for obvious reasons. I told them they can house him or he can find other accommodations but I will not be housing him.

Now it's an issue. My parents are furious that I wouldn't help my brother in his time of need.

Since my mom blew up over this I haven't spoken to her. I am also not answering my dad's calls because I honestly don't want to hear about it.

I know ignoring them isn't the mature thing to do but this whole situation has me stressed out. I have enough to deal with in my own life. I don't need my brother causing me issues.

How do I deal with this?

Edit- my parents reasoning for not taking in my brother is that our youngest brother (19) still lives with them. My brothers do not get along and end up in a fight every time they are around each other.

I did offer to have my youngest brother live with me while he is finishing trade school so my parents can deal with my other brother without the unnecessary drama between my brothers.

Plus I just don't think its healthy for my youngest brother to have to worry about whether of not our brother will be there and if he is going to start something. Just too stressful for someone that is in trade school and trying to start out in life.

Edit 2- hey everybody, I've gotten in contact with my youngest brother and no my parents did not tell him he could move in with me. ( he was at school during that conversation)

Tomorrow he is off so he is packing his things tonight and we will move his stuff tomorrow. My parents are furious but he is an adult so they can't force him to stay.

We are both leaving our parents to deal with our brother and are probably both going to go no contact for a while.

As of now my middle brother is living with my parents and my youngest brother has just been keeping himself locked in his room when he isn't in class or at work.

Thank you everyone.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Mx. posted:

I have a facility close to me with pretty barbed wire fences and guard towers that would love to have him !

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for laughing at my ex and his wife when they asked me to let her adopt our kids

quote:

Me (28f) and my(29m) ex divorced 3 years ago basically I got pregnant at 18 we rushed into marriage 3 (10m,7f,4f) kids later. we realised we were more like roommates the divorce went smoothly as in everything was split 50/50 (because that what we both brought to the marriage)

a few months later he got into a relationship with Ann (fake name,37) within a year they were married. I liked Ann because she was a great stepmom to my kids and polite eachother time we spoke

This all changed a few months ago out of the blue. She started treating me like I was the nanny not the mom as in telling me that she thought I should dress my kids more gender neutral and give them gender neutral toys

My kids are obviously at an age especially the older two that they can voice what they want so I ignored her. When they were with me she’d call all the time to tell me do certain things she went to into the crunchy zone most of the time

Around Christmas my ex said he wanted to change the custody agreement from 50/50 to 20/80 I shut that poo poo down as quick as he said it

Well this morning while collecting my kids they called me in for a serious conversation

Long story short she wants to adopt my kids and me to give up all my rights they put in a way that I get to enjoy my life and still visit.

I bursted out laughing calling them both nut jobs and that over my dead body it would happen. Ann bursted out crying saying she can’t have kids and I can breed like a rabbit

I said bitch that’s not my problem and I’m not giving up my kids for the sake of her feelings

Edit so my exes wife uses this sub and has sent this post to me she said they’re coming over to talk and I told her no I’d call the police and even had company over but they’re insisting on talking everything out

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*steps into bar* I need your house, your kids, and your motorcycle

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

What site did you get this from where OP just implements the obvious solution to his problem instead of just digging himself deeper into the abandoned well? Its formatting is shockingly similar to reddit's.

AITA for saying poached eggs don’t do on everything?

quote:

My girlfriend has an obsession with poached eggs on everything. Breakfast, burgers, pizza, waffles eh, pancakes maybe. Everything. She loves them. I tried telling her that maybe so many eggs aren’t that good for her and she gets mad. I’m trying do be nice like please stop with the eggs but no eggs are everywhere. I don’t even know how she affords so many eggs. Have you seen the price recently. She’s very offended that I’m offended of so many eggs. So AITA.
A charmingly low stakes one.

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

Poached eggs are loving great but I do very much draw the line at putting them on pizza.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for saying poached eggs don’t do on everything?

A charmingly low stakes one.

Smash MouthBoyfriend eat the eggs

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Captain Fargle posted:

Poached eggs are loving great but I do very much draw the line at putting them on pizza.

Welcome to the Thunderdome, bich.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Brawnfire posted:

There was a guy in a film class I took as an elective and he decided to demonstrate his "standup chops" by telling victims of a recent mass shooting how they should have dodged, he got ripped into pretty good.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ScienceSeagull posted:

Just whatever you do, don't make a fractal parrot NFT:

Not sure I like this retelling of "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly."

nws that poo poo. come on

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vim Fuego posted:

nws that poo poo. come on

What’s wrong with it?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Vim Fuego posted:

nms that poo poo. come on

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for laughing at my ex and his wife when they asked me to let her adopt our kids

This one already got an update. I'm on mobile so I can't copy and paste, but I took a screenshot.

Soysaucebeast fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Feb 20, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Wife vs Jail

quote:

I bonded my husband out of jail on Thursday. Charges related to a car accident. I woke him up this morning because of an anxiety attack I had that was triggered by a lot of clutter in our house. He became angry. He now says that I am so horrible to live with that he would rather be back in jail.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mx. posted:

Wife vs Jail

I see were posting updates to the NYT article now

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Soysaucebeast posted:

This one already got an update. I'm on mobile so I can't copy and paste, but I took a screenshot.

Holy poo poo

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Soysaucebeast posted:

Wife went from crunchy to cult real quick.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Soysaucebeast posted:

So that 50/50 custody agreement is going to need to be updated, huh?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sounds like they are getting a 0-100 custody arrangement now

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Mx. posted:

I love it when lovely people end up stuck with the lovely family member they support

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Soysaucebeast posted:

:eyepop: :stonk: :wtc:

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Looks like that custody agreement is getting updated after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Brawnfire posted:

18 year olds don't meaningfully change just because they start going to a new school.