Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbf even by go nagai's standards devilman g is on one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not called Devilman for nothing.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Started reading through The Apothecary Diaries LN, into the second volume now and I'm really enjoying it. MaoMao's got a very Sherlock Holmes feel to her, with her intense interest in her fields and complete lack of any in others, while she has many of Holmes's skills at deduction, poisons/drugs. I'm glad her and Jinshi have settled in together in vol 2 because the two of them have a great relationship that really fun to follow along.

I'd give this one a good two thumbs up so far.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 19, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Endorph posted:

tbf even by go nagai's standards devilman g is on one

Devilman G wasn't written by Go Nagai, it was by Rui Takato.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://files.catbox.moe/w2no0m.mp4

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

the local anime/manga shop

I couldn't get a square on shot due to glare :ohdear:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stumbled upon this in the wild

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shinjobi posted:

I'm glad you finally found your own car

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm enjoying everything I'm watching this season not named World's End Harem

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Looks like it's in need of some moon power wash action

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Arist posted:

I'm glad you finally found your own car

Pfft, I wish

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

You know, I think I'm fresh out of time for reading manga! What a coincidence.

From the 2 or 3 chapters I saw, it's only "rape" in the sense that the woman's pelvis is a literal monster head with a face and her crotch is its mouth and it's eating the dude's dick and balls off along with his intestines and most of his other internal organs.

... if that helps.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I. M. Gei posted:

From the 2 or 3 chapters I saw, it's only "rape" in the sense that the woman's pelvis is a literal monster head with a face and her crotch is its mouth and it's eating the dude's dick and balls off along with his intestines and most of his other internal organs.

... if that helps.

I wasn't really following this convo but I think this might make it worse

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Willo567 posted:

Devilman G wasn't written by Go Nagai, it was by Rui Takato.

No it was written by Go Nagai (who I'd never heard of until I looked it up just now, incidentally). Rui Takatou was the artist on it.

You might be thinking of Hagure Idol, which is both drawn and written by Takatou.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

cheetah7071 posted:

I wasn't really following this convo but I think this might make it worse

The monster designs in Devilman G are.......... creative.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Idk why you’d make a Sailor Moon car and not have 90% of the stickers be Usagi and not Mako but that’s just me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Idk why you’d make a Sailor Moon car and not have 90% of the stickers be Usagi and not Mako but that’s just me.

:yeah:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK3_ZhGpKsQ

Sleng Teng fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 19, 2022

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
What is it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

What is it

My Dressup Darling

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I. M. Gei posted:

No it was written by Go Nagai (who I'd never heard of until I looked it up just now, incidentally).

. . .

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the writing credit is because go nagai created devilman and devilman g is based on the original devilman

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

What is it

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It also already got a no source post in the panel thread and saucenao was turning up nothing!!! Sorry!!!!

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

It also already got a no source post in the panel thread and saucenao was turning up nothing!!! Sorry!!!!

kirbysuperstar posted:

My Dressup Darling

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I'm just posting the screenshot because it's one I had from the anime adaptation currently airing, not actually telling you you suck for not psychically knowing the source. :v:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

Started reading through The Apothecary Diaries LN, into the second volume now and I'm really enjoying it. MaoMao's got a very Sherlock Holmes feel to her, with her intense interest in her fields and complete lack of any in others, while she has many of Holmes's skills at deduction, poisons/drugs. I'm glad her and Jinshi have settled in together in vol 2 because the two of them have a great relationship that really fun to follow along.

I'd give this one a good two thumbs up so far.

Please be careful with spoilers because when I last left off with the manga which was ongoing, the event I put in spoiler tags I don't think happened yet? :)

But yes you're exactly right and its a huge appeal to me when reading it; aside form the very pretty art style. It feels like a pretty good Sherlock Holmes adaption except "in China"; although I dunno why, but it also feels like an isekai to me. Maomao's thought processes feel very contemporary to me; and its also never really specified afaik in the manga anyways, which era of China it takes place in, so it could be a fantasy China for all I know; which is cool. It has layers.

I think the most clear and interesting Holmes comparison is her addiction is very Holmes/House-like.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Raenir Salazar posted:

Please be careful with spoilers because when I last left off with the manga which was ongoing, the event I put in spoiler tags I don't think happened yet? :)

But yes you're exactly right and its a huge appeal to me when reading it; aside form the very pretty art style. It feels like a pretty good Sherlock Holmes adaption except "in China"; although I dunno why, but it also feels like an isekai to me. Maomao's thought processes feel very contemporary to me; and its also never really specified afaik in the manga anyways, which era of China it takes place in, so it could be a fantasy China for all I know; which is cool. It has layers.

I think the most clear and interesting Holmes comparison is her addiction is very Holmes/House-like.

Oh I don't mean that they're "in a relationship" just that the interactions they have are really fun. IE that the relationship they've developed with the sort of disdain Maomao has for Jinshi while Jinshi finds her appealing as the only woman not beguiled by his good looks is fun, not that they're dating.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

Oh I don't mean that they're "in a relationship" just that the interactions they have are really fun. IE that the relationship they've developed with the sort of disdain Maomao has for Jinshi while Jinshi finds her appealing as the only woman not beguiled by his good looks is fun, not that they're dating.

Ah! Okay I misinterpreted, thanks for clarifying. :)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

oh

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Please you have enough material for at least one OVA

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Colonel posted:

the writing credit is because go nagai created devilman and devilman g is based on the original devilman

All I know is that Rui Takatou writes Hagure Idol

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

P.S.: Don't read Hagure Idol. Or do...... parts of it are actually kinda pretty good, but deffo DO NOT read it at work or around children. It is VERY :nws:!

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

no thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc_lANHH-VY

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

P.S.: Don't read Hagure Idol. Or do...... parts of it are actually kinda pretty good, but deffo DO NOT read it at work or around children. It is VERY :nws:!
do you usually read manga at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pubg sucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72M1GNjRi4