Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

No. Never. I never read it in public or anywhere where another person might see me looking at it.

Coward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i read like eight volumes of citrus on a plane once

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i've been watching sailor moon for the first time really, beyond occasionally seeing snippets before dragon ball z as a kid, and it's, really good??

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
sailor mars ftw

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Looper posted:

i've been watching sailor moon for the first time really, beyond occasionally seeing snippets before dragon ball z as a kid, and it's, really good??

Hell yeah it is

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I’m on a plane right now wearing a vtuber shirt while reading manga on my phone

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Looper posted:

what people dont tell you is that 90s sailor moon is an incredibly funny comedy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

too soon man.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Chicken Thumbs posted:

That happened so fast I accidentally posted in it the exact second it got mercy killed. RIP Vtuber thread, you were pretty good except when you were the literal worst.

In lighter news I've been binge reading a bunch of romcom manga I used to love and it turns out Bonnouji is exactly as perfect as I remembered it being so that's good at least.
I wish at least one thing by aki eda could get an anime adaptation

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I. M. Gei posted:

No. Never. I never read it in public or anywhere where another person might see me looking at it.

coward

simply become built like a fridge and read iruma-kun in full view of god and everyone in a plastic molding plant break room

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

what people dont tell you is that 90s sailor moon is an incredibly funny comedy

https://twitter.com/hEnereyG/status/1461484638929440768

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I started watching Ousama Ranking, and it is way better than it has any right to be. Don't sleep on it. Highly recommend. I watched 9 episodes straight last night because i couldn't stand the cliffhangers.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Might watch more JoJo's. Haven't made much progress since my last post ITT. The wife & I got weirdly into Dexter lol. That show loving sucks but it's really fun to razz on.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I enjoyed the first season a lot but after that it becomes very trashy and stays fun to make fun of

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Looper posted:

sailor mars ftw

:hai:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CJ posted:

I started watching Ousama Ranking, and it is way better than it has any right to be. Don't sleep on it. Highly recommend. I watched 9 episodes straight last night because i couldn't stand the cliffhangers.

It's my AOTY easily.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

hannibal was funnier imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Might watch more JoJo's. Haven't made much progress since my last post ITT. The wife & I got weirdly into Dexter lol. That show loving sucks but it's really fun to razz on.
first season or two are good, at least

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

All I know about Dexter is "Surprise motherfucker" and lumberjacks and I'm happy with that level of knowledge

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I liked Hannibal a lot tho

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Arist posted:

All I know about Dexter is "Surprise motherfucker" and lumberjacks and I'm happy with that level of knowledge

The return season is absolutely hilarious. Unintentionally so, but fun if you treat it like a dark comedy.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

El Burbo posted:

what manga

marumaru
May 20, 2013

I love that scene. Her expression is great

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Man, I gotta watch more of OG Sailor Moon.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sailor Moon ftmfw

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I liked Dexter a lot back when it seemed like the closest thing to spiritually like a live action Death Note; where you had a murderer using his wits and guile to stay ahead of the police department he worked in and the investigators they brought in to try to track him down. I fell off of it when it started to stop being about cat and mouse games.

Sumigahara Haseo
Nov 22, 2020
Fine, I'll post my art here again.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

You should, it still holds up really well (Viz has all 5 seasons available both subbed and dubbed on their website and they’re all officially available on DVD in the west as well)

Looper posted:

sailor mars ftw

I’m more of a Jupiter fan myself but respect

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Erg posted:

what manga

Spy x Family I hadn’t read the newest volume yet

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I read manga at work because doing work is for chumps

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Look, man, poo poo is different for me. I'm on the spectrum, and I had to spend a good chunk of my early adolescence climbing out of a deep dark personal weeb/nerd pit-of-despair to get to a point where I could make friends and socialize like a normal functioning adult. The stigma is a bit deeper and more personal for me than it is for you and most other people, and that's not something that's easy to fix.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

yeah gently caress burbo get their rear end

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

El Burbo posted:

Spy x Family I hadn’t read the newest volume yet
I just caught up on it and am sad because there's no more to read

what a good series, I'm glad I held off on reading it for so long

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

Look, man, poo poo is different for me. I'm on the spectrum, and I had to spend a good chunk of my early adolescence climbing out of a deep dark personal weeb/nerd pit-of-despair to get to a point where I could make friends and socialize like a normal functioning adult. The stigma is a bit deeper and more personal for me than it is for you and most other people, and that's not something that's easy to fix.

I don't think being a weird potentially on the spectrum kid/teen is going to be a totally alien experience to people in this sub man

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I. M. Gei posted:

drat dude. I can't tell if you're serious or not but I think you are.. so I'll just say chill out. That was clearly a joke.. Also I read your post in John Wick's voice which made it sound epic.

Everyone likes anime now, even people who think they don't. They enjoy some facet of anime that their favorite show/movie has taken inspiration from, which is awesome. In kinda the same way I think a lot of ppl can relate to you, especially here

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
only normal posters and i. m. gei itt

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

again. many apologies to julias for implying that you should be eviscerated by nonos buster beam.