Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/MeetJess/status/1494832277020360705

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

have all those letters finally got into the 1922 committee yet? should be any day now

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Communist Thoughts posted:

have all those letters finally got into the 1922 committee yet? should be any day now

They all got torn up after the Bury guy defected lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/queen-covid-test-positive-windsor-b2019156.html

:rip:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
ruh-roh

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
they're really going to blame charles for it lol

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

The Queen has tested positive for coronavirus after her son Charles caught Covid earlier this month.

The 95 year-old monarch is experiencing “mild cold-like symptoms” but expects to carry out “light duties” this week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DckGotoquLw

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

can’t believe camilla gave the queen covid

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
rip to charles, first execution in the tower of london since 1941

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

won’t if anyone is going to ask boris if he’s planning a party following the royal announcement

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking/status/1495365338384502793

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.
"The 95-year old queen is going to keep working while sick with covid, just to give the rest of you malingering plebs the message that being ill with a tremendously infectious virus is no excuse to take a day off"

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

she'll be carrying out wight duties alright!!

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/bbcbreaking/status/1495365988082143235

I sense a connection between the two

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Corona can't kill queens, see her Danish (third) cousin.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Old, rich people don't die of Covid. And Liz is the oldest and richest.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

A knife made of silver or a stake through the heart should cure the ailment

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Old, rich people don't die of Covid. And Liz is the oldest and richest.

they're gonna need a Golden Throne for this one

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i rooted out the half empty box of christmas crackers in case there's soon to be reason to celebrate

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

So if she dies now, is the bank holiday off?

I mean, we'd get a day or two for mourning, then probably one for the coronation, but if she just hangs in there a little while longer we could get all three :sun:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

can i get betting odds on johnson being drunk at her funeral and vomiting into the casket

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
bbc accidentally replacing it with footage of thatcher's funeral

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The queen would definitely be Covid's biggest get

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

any chance that the queen dying of covid changes anything about how any country handles covid?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My PIN is 4826 posted:

So if she dies now, is the bank holiday off?

I mean, we'd get a day or two for mourning, then probably one for the coronation, but if she just hangs in there a little while longer we could get all three :sun:

The queen's dying wish is for everyone to do 10 hours of unpaid labor on the anniversary of her death.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

any chance that the queen dying of covid changes anything about how any country handles covid?

Pharaohs brought their servants and cats with them into the next world so...
Good knowing you, British goons

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

RandolphCarter posted:

Just as Captain Tom's death led to a deep national introspection pfthahahaha

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

RandolphCarter posted:

The most important elder is dead! Nothing left to lose, let er rip

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

RandolphCarter posted:

They'll just yell even more about immigrants.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

The most important elder is dead! Nothing left to lose, let er rip

Après moi, le déluge

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

gonadic io posted:

Just as Captain Tom's death led to a deep national introspection pfthahahaha

We brought back blasphemy laws so you can be jailed for saying out loud that you think it's funny that that annoying old oval office is doing laps of hell for all eternity

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

lol that captn toms daughter tried to get herself a £100k a year directorship of their scam charity which has millions stashed away, it’s what he would have wanted i bet she said

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Captain Tom was circling the garden searching for holes in the fence to escape his abusive family.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So I assume this is like a sci fi movie where if the Queen dies all the mindless drones die too?

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

namesake posted:

Captain Tom was circling the garden searching for holes in the fence to escape his abusive family.

Then they gave him COVID anyway.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/1495377711405015046

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if Charles gave the Queen Covid then would that be regicide, matricide, or an act of kindness?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

neutral milf hotel posted:

if Charles gave the Queen Covid then would that be regicide, matricide, or an act of kindness?
two of those are treason in the uk

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Hillary 2024 posted:

Then they gave him COVID anyway.

Died of covid he got on a lockdown-busting trip to barbados paid for by funds from his own dodgy charity. A tory death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Jel Shaker posted:

lol that captn toms daughter tried to get herself a £100k a year directorship of their scam charity which has millions stashed away, it’s what he would have wanted i bet she said

lmao that even with the captain tom charity is actually working as a charity, all it does is give a bit of money to other, larger charities

it is a perfect encapsulation of the charity industry. all of the money they raise goes to fundraising expenses, consultants, and salaries for the relatives of the dead captain who work for the charity in exceedingly well-paid jobs