Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

StandardVC10 posted:

Next mod needs to enforce an arbitrary, despotic reign of terror

Everyone who's tried to listen to the community just burns out or melts down.

it seems really obvious from the outside that this is a problem from above, not from below; adtrw can't be sustainably moderated without an admin team willing to stand behind whoever does the job. has little to do with the community one way or another. as tom scocca said about gawker, the sins and the doom were unconnected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

This again

objectively correct

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They've been ignoring it until it blows up into a qcs thread. The first admin action I saw related to the most recent vtuber thread was sebmojo changing that ban reason.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

nrook posted:

it seems really obvious from the outside that this is a problem from above, not from below; adtrw can't be sustainably moderated without an admin team willing to stand behind whoever does the job. has little to do with the community one way or another. as tom scocca said about gawker, the sins and the doom were unconnected

has lead to

Endorph posted:

well frankly i think this forum is out of people who can be mod

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

It’s pretty clear that the admin team will just leave anyone who mods ADTRW out to dry and let them be the whipping boy of whatever gently caress feels like loving around.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

objectively correct

Classic

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It should be the disintegrating Liz, actually.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

take the top 100 chat thread posters per post count and randomly choose one of them to be a mod.
modding isnt a privilege, its a punishment

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

pretty sure that's how they picked wark say

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The mod will be one of the Toonami thread normies, I'm betting.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My plan if I was forcibly given mod was to immediately autoban but apparently mods are immune to it so I will simply go down in a blaze of glory probating all my posting enemies. You know who you are.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

My plan if I was forcibly given mod was to immediately autoban but apparently mods are immune to it so I will simply go down in a blaze of glory probating all my posting enemies. You know who you are.
:ohdear:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Let's make everybody the mod

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

An all-mod forum would be a glorious trashfire.
gently caress it, let's do it.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Ibram Gaunt posted:

:hai: this entire blowup was a false flag by the normie cabal to break the ADTRW chain of succession. another step toward normie hegemony

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Dangerous Person posted:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Let's All Mod ADTRW

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Nervously tugs collar

marumaru
May 20, 2013

as a non-hardcore adtrw/sa user i find this drama really amusing because my experience with this subforum is super chill and good
it's alright here

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

They should force baal to keep being mod as punishment for lashing out

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

We need some unremarkable schlub from one of the other subforums to get hit by a bus and reincarnated as the Destined Mod Of ATDRW

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It should be the disintegrating Liz, actually.

go find a disintegrating carmilla and i'll acquiesce

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RevolverDivider posted:

It’s pretty clear that the admin team will just leave anyone who mods ADTRW out to dry and let them be the whipping boy of whatever gently caress feels like loving around.

Yeah its this. No idea what the gently caress is going on behind the scenes but it's not great.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I wish this drama could stay young forever

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
1-8 of the projects are in this thread, still 2 more to be announced
https://twitter.com/Haikyu_EN/status/1495414984003751936?s=20&t=eVQCxpIHTDV4lqNNeFvDDQ

present-day one-shot sounds like a lot of fun :3:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

We need some unremarkable schlub from one of the other subforums to get hit by a bus and reincarnated as the Destined Mod Of ATDRW
Does this mean we pick someone who's been permabanned but has had it lifted? I hope not.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

bad website

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Shortest Path posted:

Yeah its this. No idea what the gently caress is going on behind the scenes but it's not great.

you know how fluffdaddy manages to post the dumbest poo poo in every qcs thread

this actually makes him the best admin because he's the only one doing anything at all

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

shake things up a bit, randomly select some regular from one of the really niche subforums who's never posted in ADTRW. get one of the BFC regulars, it'd be funny to watch some accountant have to deal with the vtuber thread

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Since Coupons & Deals is the source of all the issues on the entire forum, pick one of them as the new mod.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Schir posted:

shake things up a bit, randomly select some regular from one of the really niche subforums who's never posted in ADTRW. get one of the BFC regulars, it'd be funny to watch some accountant have to deal with the vtuber thread

I for one can't imagine an accountant having a hobby that amounts to just throwing money into a black hole

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Schir posted:

This is how I ended up as a PYF mod for a while.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Speaking of accountants, a streamer I was watching brought up the idea of an anime or manga about an accountant, just doing their job.
Like, that's the entire story.

And I genuinely wanna read that manga.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Schir posted:

dick spacious, CPA would be a wonderful fit for the thread

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

I for one can't imagine an accountant having a hobby that amounts to just throwing money into a black hole

hmm, you're right. it'd be funnier if the mod was a financial planner

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Speaking of accountants, a streamer I was watching brought up the idea of an anime or manga about an accountant, just doing their job.
Like, that's the entire story.

And I genuinely wanna read that manga.

100% this has existed in one of the many old man manga magazines

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Schir posted:

hmm, you're right. it'd be funnier if the mod was a financial planner

sincerely glad that I could workshop this joke, I like the result

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Willo567 posted:

Does Zorak not like idol anime? I heard that he had a massive hate boner for moe shows like K-On?

Zorak's position was that irl idol agencies are run by the yakuza and/or paedophiles, and thus idol anime glamorising it is bad.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

1-8 of the projects are in this thread, still 2 more to be announced
https://twitter.com/Haikyu_EN/status/1495414984003751936?s=20&t=eVQCxpIHTDV4lqNNeFvDDQ

present-day one-shot sounds like a lot of fun :3:

i've only ever watched the quite excellent show but this makes me want to read the manga. graet stuff

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
this is definitely not what you’re looking for but there is Government Corruption Investigator Rintaro Nakabo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Polsy posted:

Zorak's position was that irl idol agencies are run by the yakuza and/or paedophiles, and thus idol anime glamorising it is bad.

He'd hate Uma Musume