Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

repiv posted:

pretty telling that za/um hasn't said a word about the TV adaptation, as far as i can tell

i mean it's very likely not ever going to happen, it's just in the exploration phase, there's nothing to announce yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Yeah, the TV rights for Disco Elysium could probably have a high Net Worth, so to speak, while also being completely unfilmable due to the child drug use, jackets, Measurehead, etc.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
If they actually make a TV show it should not cover the events of the game at all, instead just tell a different story set in the city of Revachol focusing on different people, with guest appearances from Harry and/or Kim

Like, I dunno, the square bullet hole murderer

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Who wants to bet that they try something stupid and gimmicky like the Black Mirror CYOA thing.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tarezax posted:

If they actually make a TV show it should not cover the events of the game at all, instead just tell a different story set in the city of Revachol focusing on different people, with guest appearances from Harry and/or Kim

Murder at the hookah parlor

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
It's gonna be a show about a lovable ginger child who decides he wants to be a police officer, but his best friend is concerned about his chosen path.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
It actually will be a straight adaptation of the main plot of the game, but every episode, Harry will be played by a different actor, wear a different costume, have solved different parts of the case in different ways, have a different relationship with Kim, and use a different name.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Episode 3: Enter the PISSF****T

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

It’s going to be Kim’s pinball adventures.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
It's gonna be like that Inside-Out Pixar movie, starring all of Harry's skills, but crucially there is never enough context given to understand what's happing outside of Harry's brain. Just twenty-two minutes episodes of a man's fractured psyche arguing with itself.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

It'll be tonally indistinguishable from Happy!

I bet it'll even have Patton Oswalt.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tarezax posted:

It's time to go meta and adapt the Dick Mullen and The Man from Hjemdall stories book titles.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

repiv posted:

pretty telling that za/um hasn't said a word about the TV adaptation, as far as i can tell

“Unconventional game studios sometimes make TV deals with *global megacorporations*. They then don't say anything to people about this—to gauge their reactions. It’s all part of *detecting*.”

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Party Boat posted:

“Unconventional game studios sometimes make TV deals with *global megacorporations*. They then don't say anything to people about this—to gauge their reactions. It’s all part of *detecting*.”

*They are probably wasting all the money they got on the deal on drugs. The purest crystal meth. You should try to get on the sniff train*

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

repiv posted:

Why would they have to say anything again? They already did that when they sold the TV rights almost 2 years ago to a production company, and it was the production company that decided to team up with Amazon, not ZA/UM. But I get it, it's not something you can make a hot take or silly joke out of.

midnight lasagna posted:

Mr. Bezos is helping me fund my show.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I'm dead certain this will end up in development hell.

But until then

midnight lasagna posted:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
"Welcome to Paaaaaaaaaaale Truckin'!"

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
I've flipped on the TV show and now want it to be a big success and for the store splash screen and title screen to get the paperback-tie-in treatment and get replaced with a medium shot of Channing Tatum and Lance Reddick as Harry and Kim looking intensely into the camera.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Boy, casting Kim would be an adventure, wouldn't it.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Nessus posted:

Boy, casting Kim would be an adventure, wouldn't it.

When I played the game for the first time and was sorting through who the characters reminded me of, I figured "Joel de la Fuente with thinner hair" for Kim. Might have been since I had just watched Man in the High Castle S1 before playing, though.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Has anybody played on a switch and run into a bug that makes the game stay on a black main menu screen, and can't continue?

Already tried reinstalling. Google shows people reporting a similar issue from late last year but no solution that I could find.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

midnight lasagna posted:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm dead certain this will end up in development hell.

But until then

bonus points if perfidious bob kurvitz manages to get the money then za/um wrecks the poo poo out of the project

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

"No, really, the Valley of the Heads is a crucial element of the show."

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They will just turn it into a police procedural like they did Lucifer.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
from the meme thread:

Regarde Aduck posted:

Fister Roboto posted:

HAAAAAAAAAARDCORE!!!

but is it?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ban isn't actually for this post, but lol

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
too hardcore

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
ZAUM store is restocked

For the moment, if anyone wants an aerostatic jacket or a tie

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

GlyphGryph posted:

ZAUM store is restocked

For the moment, if anyone wants an aerostatic jacket or a tie

I looked, email says (Store will be restocked) On February 25, 2022, at 6pm GMT+1/10am PST,

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Ah, sorry, I read the email without every clocking in that it was talking about a future date! So, correction, it will be restocked soon. And probably not long.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i’ve done that too. “oh poo poo!!!!” lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I decided to redownload and start playing yet again and I notice that the Switch no longer sounds like an allergy-season pug while the game runs and also there's been only one major glitch and zero crashes.

I added a memory card, so maybe that's the difference.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There was a huge patch a few weeks back, notice how the loading times no longer make you want to fling yourself out a window.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

https://twitter.com/kitsuragipilled/status/1494872396725211140

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I know I've probably said this before, but replaying this game and I just really love how every political ideology you can be, rather than being this pristine thing, is so personally died with Harry's broken view of the world. You don't have to hate women (at least not the way Harry does) and think they all ride the cock carousel to be a fascist, for example - but Harry does to be a fascist, because there's no way that worldview plus his experience results in any other outcome. Every political ideology is ultimately something he grasps onto as a life raft to make sense of a senseless life, and every expression of those ideologies is still very uniquely him. And he's an utter mess at each of them, especially at being an ultraliberal.

So of course you can be all four at once, because for Harry's poor broken mind its quite possibly "any port in a storm". It's all the fault of the women and foreigners (because his ex left him for a foreigner)! He and his compatriots are all members of the working class leading a revolution that is doomed to failure and longing for something that could have been! (because his relationship with her could have been a utopia if only he had found a way to make it work, and he wants to go back to it even though he knows he can't, that life has moved on) I imagine there's two equally obvious examples for ultraliberal and moralist but I can't quite think of them right now.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 22, 2022

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

GlyphGryph posted:

I know I've probably said this before, but replaying this game and I just really love how every political ideology you can be, rather than being this pristine thing, is so personally died with Harry's broken view of the world. You don't have to hate women and think they all ride the cock carousel to be a fascist, for example - but Harry does to be a fascist, because there's no way that worldview plus his experience results in any other outcome. Every political ideology is ultimately something he grasps onto as a life raft to make sense of a senseless life, and every expression of those ideologies is still very uniquely him. And he's an utter mess at each of them, especially at being an ultraliberal.

So of course you can be all four at once, because for Harry's poor broken mind its quite possibly "any port in a storm". It's all the fault of the women and foreigners (because his ex left him for a foreigner)! He and his compatriots are all members of the working class leading a revolution that is doomed to failure and longing for something that could have been! (because his relationship with her could have been a utopia if only he had found a way to make it work, and he wants to go back to it even though he knows he can't, that life has moved on) I imagine there's two equally obvious examples for ultraliberal and moralist but I can't quite think of them right now.

Well she only left because he didn't hustle enough and his NET WORTH was too low so there you go.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Moralism tells him the traumatic heartache will eventually be okay if he does nothing at all about it.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't know how the thread feels about fanart but Higgsboson on Tumblr drew, among other things, a really cool Joyce

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

from the meme thread:

ban isn't actually for this post, but lol

holy poo poo i just killed that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

YggiDee posted:

I don't know how the thread feels about fanart but Higgsboson on Tumblr drew, among other things, a really cool Joyce

If it's good fanart, then I'm game.