Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

Sour Diesel beat me to it but lol what's Love worth now? Rosen at draft day got a 2nd, and looked worse, but are teams really going to shell top draft capital for someone who hasn't shown much?

*Checks top QBs in the draft* they're gonna get a first for him aren't they

I think a team that was high on Love in 2020 could talk themselves into trading a first, assuming the rumor isn't complete horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why would Green Bay do that? Assets for a run to calm down Rodgers?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'd assume it would be part of a restructure of the team, giving the Packers another pass catcher, keep Adams, maybe add some secondary.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Amy Pole Her posted:

To placate his feelings yes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Amy Pole Her posted:

If Rodgers gets extended there's not really a reason to keep him.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/dezbryant/status/1495288482637533186?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, if you move him, it's not to save money, his cap hit is $3.4m, half base, half prorated SB, and if moved, the other half of his prorated SB moves in , so they'd save like $.1m

But if you're keeping Rodgers going forward, then sure, trade him if you can get a day 2 pick for him from some dumb team.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

I think a team that was high on Love in 2020 could talk themselves into trading a first, assuming the rumor isn't complete horseshit.

You’ve already lost two cost controlled years, he’s looked like poo poo when he’s played, and the Packers being willing to trade him is a huge vote of no-confidence. I can’t see it happening.

Pain of Mind posted:

I really don't see Carr being that much better than someone like Garoppolo or Wentz.

Okay, but you’re wrong.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

How is this not a dril tweet

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You’ve already lost two cost controlled years, he’s looked like poo poo when he’s played, and the Packers being willing to trade him is a huge vote of no-confidence. I can’t see it happening.

He shouldnt' be worth much of anything, but the last few years have shown that there's plenty of dumb and desperate teams. Coaches and GM's know they're getting fired if they go into the season with a Teddy Bridgewater or worse caliber vet and that's how teams end up trading 2nds praying for Sam Darnold to rebound.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Speaking of that, maybe the Panthers will try again on love lol

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ESPN needs to make a Broke: Part 2 of athletes losing all their money on crypto.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

He shouldnt' be worth much of anything, but the last few years have shown that there's plenty of dumb and desperate teams. Coaches and GM's know they're getting fired if they go into the season with a Teddy Bridgewater or worse caliber vet and that's how teams end up trading 2nds praying for Sam Darnold to rebound.

Someone will certainly give up *something* for him, assuming he’s actually on the trading block, I just can’t see it being a 1st. I’d guess a 3rd.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

ESPN needs to make a Broke: Part 2 of athletes losing all their money on crypto.

Can’t lose if you HODL

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I've decided I want to see what Drew Lock can really do. I haven't seen enough. I want MORE.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

No longer exists.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Someone will certainly give up *something* for him, assuming he’s actually on the trading block, I just can’t see it being a 1st. I’d guess a 3rd.

Yeah, my view on Love is it's reasonable to toss a 3rd at him. But I would be completely unsurprised if a dumb team tosses a reasonably high up 2nd.

Steelers I expect to sign a Teddy Bridgewater caliber guy and/or draft a guy. They don't have to make stupid moves, and many vets would be a significant upgrade to Roethlisberger of the last two years anyway at which point they're a solid if unspectacular playoff team.

Broncos I expect to do little, maybe draft a guy because the franchise is being sold anyway, and it's a holding pattern season.

Colts might do something stupid, they need to dump Wentz.

Texans... jesus christ

Football Team - reasonably high dumb poo poo probability

Giants almost certainly looking at the options and running back Daniel Jones. Like a poor man's Browns.

Lions - Probably drafting a guy and seeing if they can beat out Goof.

Buccaneers - Fairly low dumb poo poo probability. Their yolo option is begging Brady to come back, otherwise trying to get the best option out there with their sexy roster.

Saints - Probably running back Jameis, maybe drafting a guy., low chance of dumb.

Panthers - go ahead. keep screaming "Shut The gently caress Up " at me. it only makes my opinions Worse

Then there's teams that are set, but could always poo poo it up like the Raiders.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sam Darnold was traded for a 2nd, 4th and 6th and his tape was arguably worse than Love's

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

No longer exists.

Here’s the cached version:

And of course he has one of the bored ape avatars

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chucktesla posted:

Sam Darnold was traded for a 2nd, 4th and 6th and his tape was arguably worse than Love's

Darnold was considered pro ready when he was drafted and while he looked like poo poo in NY you can at least see how teams could talk themselves into him still being that guy and Gase just ruining him, as he does. Love was a project when he was drafted and has barely played football in two years and when he has he’s looked lost. And that’s with offensive coaching that is generally considered pretty good.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Free Gardner Minshew

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Darnold was considered pro ready when he was drafted

Darnold was considered a raw-ish, high upside prospect who had a bunch of turnovers and a motion that needed refinement. He wasn’t Josh Allen raw but he wasn’t considered pro ready like some other qb prospects.

That the Panthers have so much for him does lend support that it’s possible Love gets traded for way too much. It just takes one team to fall in love with Love :haw:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I love reading old draft profiles

quote:

Overview
At the end of the day, Darnold has NFL size, arm strength, accuracy, pocket mobility, poise and field reading capability. His windup is an eyesore for sure, but he has the velocity to mitigate the additional release time. While Darnold has the mental toughness and talent to start tomorrow, early sideline seasoning could help him better process coverages in an attempt to eliminate future interceptions. Darnold has the tools to thrive in any system and doesn't have to have perfect protection to succeed. His floor is solid starter, but he has the ceiling to be one of the top tier quarterbacks in the game as he gains more experience.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/sam-darnold/32004441-5246-6141-9e5c-6e7d32a03e33

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Maybe nows not the time to talk about attendance

https://twitter.com/carolinahuddle/status/1495847101661683726?s=21

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DariusLikewise posted:

Why would the Falcons trade for Love

They're hoping Love will be their Favre (he wouldn't be).

I think Carr's just good enough to not be Cousins-tier. I don't know if he's good enough to win a Super Bowl, but he's good enough to not piss you off if you're a Raiders fan, and he can actually win in big games.

Too bad the best coach he's had was an interim coach.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Darnold was considered a raw-ish, high upside prospect who had a bunch of turnovers and a motion that needed refinement. He wasn’t Josh Allen raw but he wasn’t considered pro ready like some other qb prospects.

You’re describing most QB prospects that aren’t Lawrence or Luck. There’s a world of difference between “knows how to run an NFL offense but needs refinement” and “tons of raw talent but will need to be taught how to actually play QB.”

There’s a reason Love lasted to the 26th pick and Darnold went third.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you don’t have a good QB you’re lucky to even get 2-3 years of being a legitimate threat to win the Super Bowl.

gently caress them picks, in other words.

I think the Rams to their credit really did outsmart the league with their team building approach. I think this will cause teams who feel like they aren't far off to be more aggressive in dealing picks for players.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

pasaluki posted:

I think the Rams to their credit really did outsmart the league with their team building approach. I think this will cause teams who feel like they aren't far off to be more aggressive in dealing picks for players.

This will eventually swing the other way around and make picks more valuable again as you'll be able to get like two firsts for a long-term starter as all these aggressive teams try to outbid each other.

Finally, Ted Thompson's time is here.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Mega64 posted:

They're hoping Love will be their Favre (he wouldn't be).

I think Carr's just good enough to not be Cousins-tier. I don't know if he's good enough to win a Super Bowl, but he's good enough to not piss you off if you're a Raiders fan, and he can actually win in big games.

Too bad the best coach he's had was an interim coach.

The problem with Love is two of his cost controlled years are already blown and the Falcons are still pretty cash strapped this off-season. If you trade for him and he's good you have 1 off-season before his cap number jumps with the 5th year option versus either just riding out one more Matt Ryan year or trading Matt Ryan and bottoming out and then drafting a guy in 2023.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Silly Burrito posted:

Free Gardner Minshew

Give me the mullet

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

Free Gardner Minshew
Amen, brother.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Freaquency posted:

Here’s the cached version:

And of course he has one of the bored ape avatars

I want this on a t-shirt

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/gregauman/status/1495811804714385410?s=20&t=0wLxq9f3o4POoZEj-qoOlg

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So when they pulled him for complaining about pain they...... did what he wanted?

Edit: He had 5 targets before the tantrum.....

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Feb 21, 2022

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Free Gardner Minshew

Unfortunately I’m not sure the Saints can afford him at that price

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So when they pulled him for complaining about pain they...... did what he wanted?

He’s a fraud.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

The problem with Darnold was never his ability to play the position it's that his mechanics broke down when he either got overly excited or pressured and it would cause errant passes that lead to a lot of turnovers. The feeling was that with time he'd refine his mechanics and processing and he'd have that progression a lot of rookies do where the game slows down a little for them and they clean up that young bull syndrome. Turns out he's washed as gently caress as even when he's not pressured he'll just throw the toys out of the cot. He also tends to snowball, so he'll make one errant throw and then another and then its pick time. Then he'll hold the ball too long and take sacks and give up fumbles.

There were games and drives when he was in both New York and early in Carolina where he actually looked the part, the problem is he's just massively inconsistent and I don't think there's a fix. Kicking the tyres on him wasn't that big of a gamble. It hasn't paid off but through the first few games it was looking like it had a chance.

Also wtf, Derek Carr is a legit QB he's head and shoulders above Wentz and Fitz.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You’re describing most QB prospects that aren’t Lawrence or Luck. There’s a world of difference between “knows how to run an NFL offense but needs refinement” and “tons of raw talent but will need to be taught how to actually play QB.”

There’s a reason Love lasted to the 26th pick and Darnold went third.

No. I'm stating that there's a continuum and Darnold relative to other QB prospects across drafts wasn't a pro ready QB.

There are tons of reasons Darnold went third and Love went later. Higher upside. Played against tougher competition. Etc.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Also wtf, Derek Carr is a legit QB he's head and shoulders above Wentz and Fitz.

Yeah, whoever disgraced Carr by comparing him to Wentz had an absolute nuclear grade hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's also an x-ray from mid October.