Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Plutonis posted:

It's from Bouncer, a manga about... A guy who wants to work as a Bouncer

drat you briefly had me excited there was some whack-rear end manga version of The Bouncer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Picross 3D Round 2 is amazing

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Arist posted:

Picross is amazing

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

gay for gacha posted:

I think I won't be able to finish Bokurano. It's just making me sad.

after the first mini arc up to around episode 7 is i would call the "worst" of it, after that its mostly interested in telling smaller stories about the triumph of the human spirit. the daichi episode and the girl that wants to get enough money to sew everyone costumes in particular are standouts to me. i wont spoil the show for you, but if it helps you at all i would say that it has a very warm ending that diverges very heavily from the source material and the general outlook of the creator because the anime director hated the manga and the mangaka and wanted to make something good. i would argue he succeeded.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/notwilliam_/status/1495510604907524102

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

5 things that I know that Japan loves: Touhou, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Tommy Lee Jones, Boss Coffee, Apex Legends

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
is there a chat thread discord? if so, could someone PM me an invite if possible?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Plutonis posted:

It's from Bouncer, a manga about... A guy who wants to work as a Bouncer

im dying thinking applying manga storytelling of being good at something to being a bouncer

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
15 chaps in the MC has learned to take money from pockets... get his rear end MC

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I assume he beats up thugs that are causing a ruckus.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Watching zombie land saga s2 rn and I don’t care if the rest of the season bombs after episode 2 cause it’ll redeem it no matter what. The entire first and second season would be worth it for that episode alone.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that episode and the yugiri arc are the only bits of s2 i really liked

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked the whole thing but I loved the Yugiri arc. I knew her backstory was going to be sad but I didn't expect it to be as sad as it was.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

did they ever explain the stupid zombie

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

dogsicle posted:

did they ever explain the stupid zombie

She's just like that. There's a manga where she's somewhat more put together but I don't know if that's canon or not.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Tales of Woe posted:

that episode and the yugiri arc are the only bits of s2 i really liked

I liked the Ai/Junko and Tae episodes. I also thought episode 11 was really good and especially liked the ending of it with the people at the shelter accepting them as they looked as zombies But yeah, looking back the Lily and Maimai episdoes were really mediocre

Kwyndig posted:

She's just like that. There's a manga where she's somewhat more put together but I don't know if that's canon or not.
I think it's canon because in episode 6 of Revenge you see her in the OL suit she has on in the manga.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 21, 2022

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

nrook posted:

is there a chat thread discord? if so, could someone PM me an invite if possible?

Here: https://discord.gg/nGXDSm42

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I see that, Cross Ange is a pervert show

great mech designs though, and dragons vs mechs piloted by a princess remains an incredibly strong concept

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

I love Mizuta Makoto's art for how over the top it can be when it comes to designing muscular dudes

This guy's supposed to be 18.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

He is extraordinarily vascular, like disturbingly so.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I’m an antivascer

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

He is extraordinarily vascular, like disturbingly so.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Archer666 posted:

I love Mizuta Makoto's art for how over the top it can be when it comes to designing muscular dudes

This guy's supposed to be 18.

It's a shame his bro is just a 8 feet tall lanklet instead of being a muscle monster as well

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/dms_weird/status/1495572718279925760?s=20&t=-HIFXs2OtDs9VDvcQW0JlQ

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love Mirai Nikki

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

What the hell did I miss over the weekend?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
you missed that some twisted sickos like mio more than mugi

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Grouchio posted:

i finished haruhi

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Grouchio posted:

Baal had a meltdown and banned himself because someone from fyad said "uuuwuuuuuu" in the VRchan thread.

Also Nichijou season X revival

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Big Leg posted:

you missed that some twisted sickos like mio more than mugi

gonna cry?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

FilthyImp posted:

Baal had a meltdown and banned himself because someone from fyad said "uuuwuuuuuu" in the VRchan thread.

Not a new TV season, the nichijou manga is coming back.

Also it's more like baal was frustrated with how the administration reacted to and handled some things behind the scenes after a bunch of posters started trolling the v-tuber thread, so he decided to step down.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

gonna cry?

[with steely determination and resolve] Yes.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

gonna cry?

yes, but i'm coincidentally thinking about the graduation episode of k-on!!

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

marumaru posted:

i finished haruhi

oh?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Julias posted:

Also it's more like baal was frustrated with how the administration reacted to and handled some things behind the scenes after a bunch of posters started trolling the v-tuber thread, so he decided to step down.
I'm okay with any amount of Nichijou, as long as it's more.

And yeah, what happened was way worse than just an "average" meltdown - if there is such a thing.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Some day I'll watch k-on and haruhi....someday....

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Julias posted:

I remain convinced that I can retire my "X Days without New Nichijo Anime" scoreboard within 4 years. Or so.

And yeah, I'm busting Baal's balls a bit. Someone threw cooking wine and water into the simmering pan and they were there to catch the fallout from it.

Julias posted:

I'd be really interested in what a modern Haruhi watch would look like. Just being removed from the immediate mania and oddity of it and all.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

I'd be really interested in what a modern Haruhi watch would look like. Just being removed from the immediate mania and oddity of it and all.

I watched it middle of last year and it was really good, especially the movie

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Julias posted:

I still haven't watched K-On..

FilthyImp posted:

We recently found that out, as someone ITT only recently watched it.

EDIT: loving beaten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

:goofy: