Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

the other hand
Dec 14, 2003

43rd Heavy Artillery Brigade
"Ultima Ratio Liberalium"
Deleted

the other hand has issued a correction as of 03:21 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

So since Russia was invading since 2014 what you're telling me is nothing has changed

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

thank you glenn

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

I assume that's because "Russia is supposed to invade Kiev", and it also puts him closer to all the embassies and soldiers that USA/Canada and other relocated.

I think it's to get him away from all the Nazis in Kiev (including the ones currently training there) because the only thing worse than losing a war over separatist Republics is to lose a war and an entire chunk of the country because the Nazis couped him and tried to win against tanks and artillery with sheer willpower and old people and kids.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The liberals are gonna have about 12 hours of "Ha! I told you so!" before they get their new marching orders that, actually, this doesn't count as an invasion because that would embarrass Biden and his toothless poo poo throwing.

Whether or not this technically counts as an invasion is entirely up for debate imo.

by next week the war drums against China will be beating again and everyone in D&D will have forgotten

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/EliotHiggins/status/1495877218077188100?t=XPNO0TfsFTh5PUh6TJHGZQ&s=19

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

The American empire is failing and D&D's cope is leaking out all over C-SPAM.

Deal with it libcucks, Putin doesn't have to kowtow and answer to the failing West any longer. Your time is over.

hahaha :sickos:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Danann posted:

I think it's to get him away from all the Nazis in Kiev (including the ones currently training there) because the only thing worse than losing a war over separatist Republics is to lose a war and an entire chunk of the country because the Nazis couped him and tried to win against tanks and artillery with sheer willpower and old people and kids.

That was my thought too. Hell, even moving themselves out of Kiev might be in anticipation of a domestic crisis, rather than anything to do with the Russians.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

if the mods aren’t a bunch of dickless lib losers why haven’t they given this gently caress a perma? curious :thunk:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

ok bm, but what's that in percentage terms

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Danann posted:

The fascist forces are more popular in Lviv

quote:

The Lviv Regional Council has decided to declare the year of 2019 to be the year of the leader of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists (OUN) Stepan Bandera.

The decision was made on the occasion of the 110th birthday anniversary of Stepan Bandera that is to be marked in 2019, the press service of the Lviv Regional Council said.

A plan of measures to celebrate the year of Stepan Bandera is to be developed by the Lviv Regional Council and the Lviv Region State Administration.

Also, members of the Lviv Regional Council decided to declare the year of 2019 to be the year of the Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists on the occasion of the 90th anniversary of the OUN.
https://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/2019-declared-year-of-stepan-bandera-in-lviv-region.html

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

time to rev up mspaint

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Glenn's right

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Those new Russian mast-mounted acoustic sensors are scary and nobody has much information about them either.

What about them?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/evan_lorenz/status/1494723439973867522

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

an increasingly rare moment of glen being correct

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/1495884608826662914

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

whatis posted:

Donetsk, Don't Tell

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

Fkn lmao might as well as just start bombing Russia proper that's a pretty fkn blatant opening move to war

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lyndon LaRouche posted:

The American empire is failing and D&D's cope is leaking out all over C-SPAM.

Deal with it libcucks, Putin doesn't have to kowtow and answer to the failing West any longer. Your time is over.

It really is encouraging for the future to see America and NATO impotent in the face of someone finally pushing back against three decades of hegemonic triumphalism. Libs tears over Biden and the Beltway getting outplayed by Putin are just the cherry on top

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

2nd paragraph

quote:

I don’t like our president, Zelenskyy, but this is my country. We need to think about getting a new president, but not the president of Russia. So I will protest.”

How could Putin do this!?

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

500 good dogs posted:

lol their post history is... quite infrequent

save too much posting power, resulting in a meltdown

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Raskolnikov38 posted:

alright whats so important about today that they set it as d-day

I cracked the code:

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Did Putin invade or is there going to be a blue maga over-the-air update tonight so that Biden is extremely not owned and also very cool

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

lmao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

What about them?

They rule and perfectly fit into NATO’s blindspots, being undetectable and immune to anti-radiation missiles, can be used in an extremely heavy EW environment when radars and UAVs are jammed beyond uselessness etc

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

I see a lot downsides in isolating Zelenskyy from all the organs of state while being surrounded by foreign advisors.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexKokcharov/status/1495804888944627715

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

The poor sods just get beaten by pandus when any chinese diplomatic mission does a high profile visit.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Oldest Man posted:

Did Putin invade or is there going to be a blue maga over-the-air update tonight so that Biden is extremely not owned and also very cool

Russia's parliament voted overwhelmingly to recognize two regions in Ukraine as independent states, so Putin has done so and sent peacekeeping forces in to help. If you think Putin should've ignored parliament then you hate democracy.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

500 good dogs posted:

Russia's parliament voted overwhelmingly to recognize two regions in Ukraine as independent states, so Putin has done so and sent peacekeeping forces in to help. If you think Putin should've ignored parliament then you hate democracy.

Good luck getting a lib to say the Duma is a legitimate democracy.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

They rule and perfectly fit into NATO’s blindspots, being undetectable and immune to anti-radiation missiles, can be used in an extremely heavy EW environment when radars and UAVs are jammed beyond uselessness etc

I read your more detailed post and I just keep thinking of a russian dude with a giant megaphone listening to artillery firing while typing into an alienware laptop.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Houthis apparently support recognition

Twitter keeps repeating that Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua will recognize the republics but I can't find a source for that claim.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Frosted Flake posted:

Which is funny because they have like four more parties represented than we do in congress.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Frosted Flake posted:

When it's a legitimate democracy the bourgeois has ways to try to shut that whole thing down

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Russian defectors getting sent to Turkey

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

StashAugustine posted:

Russian defectors getting sent to Turkey

Erdogan will get his janissaries

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Atrocious Joe posted:

Twitter keeps repeating that Cuba, Venezuela, and Nicaragua will recognize the republics but I can't find a source for that claim.

Curious if China and/or Iran will join in recognizing them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Atrocious Joe posted:

They're probably just assuming they will since the latter two recognize Abkhazia and South Ossetia.