Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Terminal autist posted:

Trying to think about who would be the target audience for dude vtubers and just coming away baffled
Isn't Corpse Husband pretty popular in the states because of his growly voice?

Maybe not the same I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Terminal autist posted:

Trying to think about who would be the target audience for dude vtubers and just coming away baffled
ive heard of these strange creatures called 'women.' they sometimes have hobbies. terrifying, i know.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

pretty rhythm first 3 seasons and the 2 prism boys movies fuckin ruled

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wow mobile suit gundam hathaway 2 looks wild

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

symbolic posted:

*looks at thread title, sighs, resets counter to 0*

its already written in past tense though, its describing an event long-since passed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Space Flower posted:

its already written in past tense though, its describing an event long-since passed

yeah well...shut up

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Girls don't exist. No evidence.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Veibaes reaction stream on Saturday was funny because people submitted vids like what is the demon core and the entirety of who killed captain Alex and she got increasingly annoyed

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
[preemptively] free stair

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Someone even submitted a cyber shell vid

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

we need to bring whoever chose 123x as a probe av size to justice

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

lol

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lol I don't even know who any of those women are

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Endorph posted:

ive heard of these strange creatures called 'women.' they sometimes have hobbies. terrifying, i know.

Pretty hosed up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Terminal autist posted:

only seems fair to probe this post for talking about vtubers

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

cheetah7071 posted:

only seems fair to probe this post for talking about vtubers

Look. I-- I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.'

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Paper Lion posted:

pretty rhythm first 3 seasons and the 2 prism boys movies fuckin ruled

yes

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

im innocent!

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

im innocent!

perhaps the pov of the av is from inside the cell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Girls don't exist. No evidence.

rememeber when ff15 was coming out and was about a bunch of hot twinky bros (and one twunk) and everyone was like 'ugh, CLEARLY the devs dont care about marketing to women'

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Endorph posted:

rememeber when ff15 was coming out and was about a bunch of hot twinky bros (and one twunk) and everyone was like 'ugh, CLEARLY the devs dont care about marketing to women'

lol yes. it's really funny too cos musou games have survived for nearly 20 years on fujoshi power alone, and for that i am thankful

FF15 owns also for several other reasons. Like listening to the Balamb Garden theme during a road trip rainstorm w/your bros. That game got so much undeserved poo poo..

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's a game that has a number of issues and compromises, even after the improvements, and a lot of the late game is much worse than the rest of it, but it's still a great game clearly made by people who love FF and were willing to put in serious extra work to bring it back up to snuff.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

It's a game that has a number of issues and compromises, even after the improvements, and a lot of the late game is much worse than the rest of it, but it's still a great game clearly made by people who love FF and were willing to put in serious extra work to bring it back up to snuff.

Yup. All of your homies are basically dead. And you have to live w/survivors guilt after the time skip, which doesn't even matter that much cos all Noctis can think about are his times with the homies.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

The Ignis DLC is extremely based

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yup. All of your homies are basically dead. And you have to live w/survivors guilt after the time skip, which doesn't even matter that much cos all Noctis can think about are his times with the homies.

I thought it was the other way round.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

CJ posted:

I thought it was the other way round.

I never played the DLC but at the end of the main story, Ignis is completely blind, and dependent on you guiding him to the next checkpoint. He's dead, dude.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I thought he said bye to them then went to the throne room to sacrifice himself but maybe i'm thinking of something else.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I never played the DLC but at the end of the main story, Ignis is completely blind, and dependent on you guiding him to the next checkpoint. He's dead, dude.

*in WC3 Illidan voice* I'm blind not dead.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I watched, a lot of cross ange on my day off today

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/synthyzone/status/937496150260805632

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it owns insanely hard, is my verdict

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Lol the ending to beyond outrage is the greatest poo poo ever

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Homeless Friend posted:

lol

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

FF15 owns also for several other reasons. Like listening to the Balamb Garden theme during a road trip rainstorm w/your bros. That game got so much undeserved poo poo..

The roadtrip section is so good that I wish the entire game had just been that. It actually gets worse when the main story comes up again (though I blame a lot of that on the development hell.)

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Uh... spoilers I guess but the first Low Point happens after Iggy gets blinded. That's when Gladiolus chews Noct out for being an indecisive bishie hero.

Then they assault a stronghold and Noctis gets sucked into the crystal for 10-15 years to prepare him for being the standard bearer/sacrifice. when you awaken your buds are alive but clearly a bit fractured as they've been breaking their backs trying to keep the last outposts of humanity alive. Iggy never regained his sight but it seemed hinted that he could make out rough shapes or light/dark. feelings of Noctis abandoning them get swept aside because they're just happy he's alive. Noctis is too discombobulated to wallow in the depths.

you don't really meet up with the extended cast aside from a few phone calls from Cindy. you get to choose a photo before going off to your fate and the post-game credits have the scene with the group together where Noctis has accepted his fate but is bummed that he'll leave them again.

And yeah, the Ignis DLC gives you an alternate ending path that is way more happy sunshine badguy loses, but maybe less thematically satisfying.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Fujos ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty