Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Namtab posted:

Fujos ftw

i hate them because of a weeb girlfriend I had as a teen who would talk about her bleach yaoi fanfic for hours if you didn't stop her. i guess on the other hand i never needed to become super online to learn the lingo. life is a contrast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
My girlfriend, who I hated,

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
It is Twosday, 22/2/22 on Tuesday

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

i hate them because of a weeb girlfriend I had as a teen who would talk about her bleach yaoi fanfic for hours if you didn't stop her. i guess on the other hand i never needed to become super online to learn the lingo. life is a contrast.

Was the fanfic any good?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strange Quark posted:

My girlfriend, who I hated,

small towns ftw. she was fine to hang out with but if anime came up you were in for a world of hurt.

Namtab posted:

Was the fanfic any good?

she got it off the internet and i hated bleach as it was so there was no way in hell I was gonna read fanfic of it. anyway there was some equally degenerate weeb friends I had and they wouldn't touch it either.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

we need to bring whoever chose 123x as a probe av size to justice

lol

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

fujoshis paying me to kiss the other guy in the anime club. lmao jokes on you ladies i’d do it for free

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

They’re rebooting Tokyo Mew Mew for some reason:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sz34Knus4j0

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
The reason is money

marumaru
May 20, 2013

but i thought as art anime was only made out of passion and humanity's desire to create

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of, I never read it but was there any significant difference between the anime and the manga?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

FF15 is one of those rare games that end up being better than the sum of its parts would have you think. The gameplay isn't as polished as FF7R's was, the story wavers between being paperthin and needlessly convoluted and the less said about the endgame and pacing the better.
And yet it somehow manages to stick the landing and just running through the wilderness and camping with the band is some great video gaming.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

is she single

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Larryb posted:

They’re rebooting Tokyo Mew Mew for some reason:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Sz34Knus4j0

TMM is starting to hit that nostalgia sweet spot where kids who grew up watching the show are now adults and don't have to beg their parents to buy them the action figures anymore.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tokyo Mew Mew is a magical girl show where they're all cats I'm assuming?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

cat girls but yes

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s basically Sailor Moon only all their powers are animal based, yes (I actually watched the original for the first time not long ago and it’s not too bad honestly). And just like Sailor Moon, poo poo gets dark as the series goes on

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 22, 2022

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Endorph posted:

is she single

Whats your bleach otp

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yoruichi and Sui Feng.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

orihime/her tomboy classmate who has seven lines past the first arc

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Me/never watching it

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Julias posted:

that's rad

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

cheetah7071 posted:

it owns insanely hard, is my verdict

you're right and you should say it

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Chad/Ichigo

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

orihime/her tomboy classmate who has seven lines past the first arc

was she the one where she showed up in art a lot like she was gonna be a major character and then the rest of bleach happened

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Julias posted:

Gonna celebrate Twosday by picking a Two movie to watch, perhaps a rewatch of Beautiful Dreamer is in order.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Only one of them are cats. All the girls are different animals

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

DoubleDonut posted:

was she the one where she showed up in art a lot like she was gonna be a major character and then the rest of bleach happened

Yeah. She was also competitive at karate at a national level, iirc. I remember being disappointed she didn’t get cool superpowers like Chad did.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the editors decided people wanted to see the gotei 13 people more

marumaru
May 20, 2013

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Strange Quark posted:

Only one of them are cats. All the girls are different animals

disappointing

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

DoubleDonut posted:

still remember younger me being like 'oh cool, they're all going to get powers and the series will be these seven quirky teens solving spirit mysteries and stuff'.

baby's first shonen jump disappointment lol.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

also this one too

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

AnoHito posted:

Yeah. She was also competitive at karate at a national level, iirc. I remember being disappointed she didn’t get cool superpowers like Chad did.

I was so pissed off about that. They even had Orihime going "This time I'll be the one to protect you!" when she first got her powers then immediately dumped karate girl into the neglected characters bin right afterwards.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hitsugaya's ice dragon was very cool so I kinda understand.

Also, resident Bleach lore wardens, did Yachiru ever fight or was she just a parrot on Kenpachi's shoulder the entire series?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RareAcumen posted:

Hitsugaya's ice dragon was very cool so I kinda understand.

Also, resident Bleach lore wardens, did Yachiru ever fight or was she just a parrot on Kenpachi's shoulder the entire series?

Yeah she fought

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat, okubo's retiring after fire force. a shame, the manga really grew a lot after i got bored with it during its start but got progressively way better once it picked up pace

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

i have bad news for namtab

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Apraxin posted:

still remember younger me being like 'oh cool, they're all going to get powers and the series will be these seven quirky teens solving spirit mysteries and stuff'.

baby's first shonen jump disappointment lol.

My favorite Bleach moment is when Aizen is Jason-walking through Karakura-town and the guy in the bottom left just throws a molotov at him all non chalant. Of course it didn't do poo poo, but it was so cold blooded that every other character was like "goddamn, dude, really?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Plutonis posted:

drat, okubo's retiring after fire force. a shame, the manga really grew a lot after i got bored with it during its start but got progressively way better once it picked up pace

He is? I thought the end of the manga left things open ended and he’d apparently changed his mind?

Well at the very least I hope they bring the Fire Force anime back now that the manga’s finished (and maybe give Soul Eater a more faithful reboot while they’re at it)