Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

i hope they do this and run hillary again in 2024

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Worked great in Virginia

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Literally in awe at the depth of that article's stupidity

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
this is what happens when you equate ground sentiment with yes-mans

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

:ironicat:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/crackconnoisser/status/1485462794686369797?s=20&t=RswnRdKrnvxhVDk4ZNXpcg

e: I guess maybe NSFW (all archival footage)

LGD has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Feb 22, 2022

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

remember when the democratic party was spending their money running ads that were only about tying republican candidates to trump lol

remember that guy who beat us and then made us really upset for four straight years, just how you like? remember him? yea, the one who talked like you and who said stuff you liked and upset the people you don't like? this candidate is just like him! we poo poo our diapers every time this guy comes around!! yea, don't you hate that?? don't you hate how mad he makes us? ooooo he makes us so mad! us, your opponents! what do you think of that????

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

My god he said that with a straight face.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

MonsieurChoc posted:

My god he said that with a straight face.

"so what happens IF we did a X, so we can pretend we didn't DEFINITELY did a much bigger Y?"

Palladium has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Feb 22, 2022

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Literally the Clinton playbook. Again

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Listen Jack. How do I gladio?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

I went back and checked the dates to be sure. He was a senator for a few months before Allende was overthrown. As the kids say 'that's a yikes from me, totally not a vibe'

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Eggplant Squire posted:

Worked great in Virginia

Also running free ads for the competition is a great idea.

Like how VA Dems sent all those flyers that pointed out how Youngkin had multiple endorsements by Trump

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I like that if ads are anything to go by, here in Ohio, there are no Democrats running, just a bunch of Republicans attacking JD Vance.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iron Crowned posted:

I like that if ads are anything to go by, here in Ohio, there are no Democrats running, just a bunch of Republicans attacking JD Vance.

JD Vance is a piece of poo poo, tho. I say let them fight.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

JD Vance is a piece of poo poo, tho. I say let them fight.

Yeah, they're all pieces of poo poo, it's just funny

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hey, the Virginia race was a complete success! Donald Trump is NOT the governor of Virginia.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

It's so weird too because it's not like anyone likes JD Vance or believes in him at all. The republicans have plenty of money so whatever but come on, he has absolutely no shot at winning and the GOP can smell a loser.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Vance selling himself to the ruling elites as the redneck whisperer and then getting BTFO is :discourse:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

LastInLine posted:

the GOP can smell a loser.

honestly aside from slur usage frequency this is the only actual difference between the two anymore

other than the fact that the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022, that is

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Srice posted:

one of my favorite things is when liberals act like trump is secretly very unpopular with his base

but if he isn’t, that would mean all my work colleagues, friends, and family who are reasonable republicans are actually bad people! and then it wouldn’t be possible to have political compromises. No that wouldn’t do at all

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Best Friends posted:

but if he isn’t, that would mean all my work colleagues, friends, and family who are reasonable republicans are actually bad people! and then it wouldn’t be possible to have political compromises. No that wouldn’t do at all

I remember even at the peak of the liberal whining Trumo had around 89% approval with GOP voters

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/ChrisLynnHedges/status/1493269626251264002?s=20&t=gU7MexUiTh4ppVOaT0M5ng

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Chris, my dude, money isn't real.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Subvisual Haze posted:

How does that explain Dems though? Evangelicals are not exactly a key part of their coalition.
when has that ever stopped them from acting like they are

like what world are you living in where the democratic party listens to the policy preferences of the people who vote for them and can I portal over to it like in sliders

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

when has that ever stopped them from acting like they are

like what world are you living in where the democratic party listens to the policy preferences of the people who vote for them and can I portal over to it like in sliders

Goddamn, I wish I could portal to some better worlds like in Sliders

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Iron Crowned posted:

Goddamn, I wish I could portal to some better worlds like in Sliders

s01e07

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:catstare:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1496207991229624325

Yeah wonder if this election will look like 1918.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

He sucks so loving bad but,

I will never understand why gas costing about what it did a decade ago is a huge loving deal but, rent increasing every year forever is cool and good.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

goth smoking cloves posted:

I will never understand why gas costing about what it did a decade ago is a huge loving deal but, rent increasing every year forever is cool and good.

Most people are paying for gas at least once per week, where as rent is only once per month and it sorta normalizes after a short time that it costs more than it did last year.

Rent is more like the frog in the pot thing

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Donald J. Trump posted:

If properly handled, there was absolutely no reason that the situation currently happening in Ukraine should have happened at all. I know Vladimir Putin very well, and he would have never done during the Trump Administration what he is doing now, no way! Russia has become very very rich during the Biden Administration, with oil prices doubling and soon to be tripling and quadrupling. The weak sanctions are insignificant relative to taking over a country and a massive piece of strategically located land. Now it has begun, oil prices are going higher and higher, and Putin is not only getting what he always wanted, but getting, because of the oil and gas surge, richer and richer. The U.S. was energy independent under the Trump Administration, an independence that we had never obtained before, and oil prices would have remained low. Now, what a mess our Country is in!

Dems are going to get destroyed in 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
at least he's not a frigging cheeto, y'all

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Republicans and "moderates" don't care about anything, they only pretend to. They didn't give a single gently caress when gas prices went down under Obama, or up during Trump.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
This fuckin' party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBURLdhmmZ8

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

you can (aspirationally) be a landlord, you cant be texaco

also gas fluctuates like the efficient market part of the myth, while housing only goes up up up like the eternal growth part of the myth, so these are the prime sibling spirits of the world doing the endless dance of creation through the leaves and the stars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown