Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've bitched about it a lot but what they called infrastructure is really just maintaining or fixing roads and bridges. if you have like hosed up sewers in your neighborhood that cause your sewers to back up when it rains 3" in a day (a more and more common happening now that climate change is accelerating) then you're still stuck yelling at various local government bodies to spend money on infrastructure that they don't have lol

fortunately just like with healthcare, literally mentioning the word infrastructure for the next 20 years will get you called a racist so you don't need to worry about it dems already fixed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Zvahl posted:

fortunately just like with healthcare, literally mentioning the word infrastructure for the next 20 years will get you called a racist so you don't need to worry about it dems already fixed it

I know I'm so glad

maybe if you didn't want poo poo water backing up into my house you shoulda voted harder!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Good soup! posted:

DUMBORATS!!!!

This

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

spacemang_spliff posted:

I've bitched about it a lot but what they called infrastructure is really just maintaining or fixing roads and bridges. if you have like hosed up sewers in your neighborhood that cause your sewers to back up when it rains 3" in a day (a more and more common happening now that climate change is accelerating) then you're still stuck yelling at various local government bodies to spend money on infrastructure that they don't have lol

One of the many reasons I got out of this dying city:

https://www.floridabulldog.org/2020/07/fort-lauderdale-sewer-calamity-blamed-budget-strategy/ posted:

State regulators did what they could to prevent the Fort Lauderdale sewer mess that experts predicted years before a major pipeline sprang leaks in December–and kept on spewing waste for almost three months.

But Fort Lauderdale failed to protect itself. Now, in the middle of a pandemic, the city is fighting a costly rearguard action to restore the sewage system, rescue marine life and preserve clean water.

While there is no villain in this saga, the state blames a budgeting technique that siphoned funds away from sewer projects to other services at times when the money was desperately needed for sewer projects. 

Lol "no villain in this saga"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ft lauderdale is already half seawater how do they have underground anything

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

ft lauderdale is already half seawater how do they have underground anything

They had to put the bars for our public schools somewhere.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Just LOL if you willingly move to Florida anytime between now and when it finally returns to the swamp from whence it came.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

LionYeti posted:

Just LOL if you willingly move to Florida anytime between now and when it finally returns to the swamp from whence it came.

i moved here in 2015 all i can say is that love makes you do stupid poo poo lmao

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I had to check my gmail junk folder for something today and it turns out that google was protecting me from dozens of dems begging me to help Save The Republic. Thanks Google

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Lib and let die posted:

i moved here in 2015 all i can say is that love makes you do stupid poo poo lmao

Here's to hoping you moved to an area of soon to be coast rather than soon to be ocean

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lib and let die posted:

You should have gotten a cat instead

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Here's to hoping you moved to an area of soon to be coast rather than soon to be ocean

Tark's finally being beachfront property would be kind of ironic.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

ELTON JOHN posted:

poo poo

well it was probably gutted so i'm just gonna say "passed a half assed infrastructure bill" and still be right

it's smaller than obama's little one

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lib and let die posted:

:aochloe:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's smaller than obama's little one

Actually, the bill is for 8T dollars and passed in April of 2021 thanks to the Dem majority.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

projecthalaxy posted:

Actually, the bill is for 8T dollars and passed in April of 2021 thanks to the Dem majority.

november '21 and 1.2T, only 550bil of which was actually new spending ie what the bill actually introduced

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

november '21 and 1.2T, only 550mil of which was actually new spending ie what the bill actually introduced

Small correction. Thanks to getting out the vote in Georgia, the Democrats were able to hold a majority in the senate and pass an 8T bill in April, as they promised. Thats what you do when you control the upper house, the lower house, and the white house.

i am doing a bit

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

we're getting the gently caress out of here just as soon as my geriatric in-laws die tbh

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

projecthalaxy posted:

Thanks to getting out the vote in Georgia

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

I will never get sick of pulling this out on succdems. never

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Lib and let die posted:

we're getting the gently caress out of here just as soon as my geriatric in-laws die tbh

run

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Exactly! Biden, Stacey Abrams, and Warnock made sure you got every dime of that $1400. The voters appreciate it!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

crpyto idiots have been invading the art show at young's circle trying to get them to sell their art on the blockchain

i hate it here

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the IRS sent out a letter reminding everyone that PRESIDENT BIDEN's $1,400.00 that he so graciously bestowed upon you shouldn't be declared as income in your 2021 tax forms

they are extremely eager to remind everyone that the dems skimped out on the full 2k lmao

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Just got word from the wire: the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Malleum posted:

the IRS sent out a letter reminding everyone that PRESIDENT BIDEN's $1,400.00 that he so graciously bestowed upon you shouldn't be declared as income in your 2021 tax forms

they are extremely eager to remind everyone that the dems skimped out on the full 2k lmao

man, sucks to see the irs go full chud and not subsume themselves to the truth that Biden = new FDR, 1400 = 2000

ProperGanderPusher
Jan 13, 2012

Lib friends insist Biden doing nothing is fine because he’s showing respect for our institutions and the office of the presidency by not going overboard with executive orders. Doesn’t matter the GOP won’t operate the same way, two wrongs don’t make a right!

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDr9nZAAMk

people are telling me this is a good ad and i do not believe them

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

i say swears online posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfDr9nZAAMk

people are telling me this is a good ad and i do not believe them

it's full of poo poo OP

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ProperGanderPusher posted:

Lib friends insist Biden doing nothing is fine because he’s showing respect for our institutions and the office of the presidency by not going overboard with executive orders. Doesn’t matter the GOP won’t operate the same way, two wrongs don’t make a right!

This poo poo is infuriating.

The world is dying being killed, life is getting measurably worse for the working class while the rich get ever richer, they're forcing teachers to out gay students to their parents in florida and in texas taking gender non-conforming and trans kids away from their families to disappear into a notoriously abusive and lovely foster care system where they'll presumably be christian educationed and conversion therapied to death, some dipshit fascist does a mass shooting or car attack every month or so, a million loving people in this shithole country (and millions more around the world) are dead from the fuckin roni and uncountable millions more disabled, but the only motherfucking thing they care about is norms and decorum and gently caress it if I don't just wanna take a fire axe to some poo poo while making primal screams of rage

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hailthefish posted:

The world is dying being killed, life is getting measurably worse for the working class while the rich get ever richer, they're forcing teachers to out gay students to their parents in florida and in texas taking gender non-conforming and trans kids away from their families to disappear into a notoriously abusive and lovely foster care system where they'll presumably be christian educationed and conversion therapied to death, some dipshit fascist does a mass shooting or car attack every month or so, a million loving people in this shithole country (and millions more around the world) are dead from the fuckin roni and uncountable millions more disabled, but the only motherfucking thing they care about is norms and decorum and gently caress it if I don't just wanna take a fire axe to some poo poo while making primal screams of rage

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*. Incrementally, you begin to notice a change in the weather. When it snows, the flakes are softer when they stick to your worry-worn forehead. When it rains, the rain is warmer. Democracy is coming to the Administrative Region. The ideals of Dolorian humanism are reinstating themselves. How can they not? These are the ideals of the Coalition and the Moralist International. Those guys are signal blue. And they're not only good -- they're also powerful. What will it be like, once their nuanced plans have been realized?

The Kingdom of Conscience will be exactly as it is now. Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*. Incrementally, you begin to notice a change in the weather. When it snows, the flakes are softer when they stick to your worry-worn forehead. When it rains, the rain is warmer. Democracy is coming to the Administrative Region. The ideals of Dolorian humanism are reinstating themselves. How can they not? These are the ideals of the Coalition and the Moralist International. Those guys are signal blue. And they're not only good -- they're also powerful. What will it be like, once their nuanced plans have been realized?

The Kingdom of Conscience will be exactly as it is now. Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

Malleum posted:

you still need to accurately report it on the return, or your ~refund~ is going to be held back until your children die. loving people on this is one of like two things the irs has actually spent their time doing since covid

the same thing happened with the first two rounds of stimulus, with the extra kicker that the $1200 payment arrived the following january but still had to be reported for the previous tax year, which fortunately did not confuse or upset anyone

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Cloks posted:

at least he's not a frigging cheeto, y'all

white cheetos are a thing and the fact that they look like sun bleached dog turds just makes me identify them more with Joe

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

ikanreed posted:

Is Biden to the left of any president before Reagan? Any at all in any way?

There are at least three genders

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

hailthefish posted:

I seriously believe that if Joe Biden wins then we will be on the cusp of a resurgent decade of Progressive politics in the USA. The 2020s will be the decade of Progressivism and Millenials taking over our government.

Passing the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, admitting D.C. as a state, re-districting in 2021, and massive stimulus as part of Biden's climate plan will open the doors to Progressives in a way that we haven't seen possible since the middle of the 20th century.

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

Uncle Wemus posted:

I seriously believe that if Joe Biden wins then we will be on the cusp of a resurgent decade of Progressive politics in the USA. The 2020s will be the decade of Progressivism and Millenials taking over our government.

Passing the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, admitting D.C. as a state, re-districting in 2021, and massive stimulus as part of Biden's climate plan will open the doors to Progressives in a way that we haven't seen possible since the middle of the 20th century.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

tfw u save the republic