Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

My favorite anecdote is from the guy who voiced Jesse in overwatch saying how he’d do the “it’s high noon” line in chat and everyone on his team would dive for cover
He also DM's Critical Role, and at the start of S2 the players went through a phase of bugging him with it every time they asked what time of day it was.

I think Nathan Fillion also had a warlock at one point, ironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Eriana's continues to carry for me. Few things can resist clicking their heads 9 times with that thing.

I really tried to make Quickfang work in legend, but even with Well of Tenacity the damage is too much. Had to switch to my Seventh Seraph machine gun.

I want to like Land Tank but it really doesn't gel with a perma-invis hunter. I just poke and stealth constantly and if im trading blows with anyone I definitely feel like Im Doing It Wrong. Same goes with Psychohack.

I also STILL can't take of my Fr0st-EE5. I'm so in tune with how much it shaves off dodge time that when I run other stuff I get surprised when I mash the button and I don't get a dodge like I expect. New grenades now cause enemies to explode so having those up more often is I think a slight buff to the boots.

I really wanna change my build but I also wanna try hard. I try new stuff and then die a bunch and just go back to what I know. The Destiny Experience.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah +1 that the Witch Queen campaign on Legendary is loving sick. Double chests at the end of a boss is just insane (so much loot holy poo poo). They are also continuing their streak of producing amazing story content after Beyond Light. I'm so excited to continue playing today and also for the content to come. Looks like lessons have finally been learned I think regarding gearing up and also the right challenge for a campaign.

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019
i like that they finally realized to put a bunch of chests in the story campaign

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It is extremely lol to me that ultimately the Big Trick is just the Worms telling Savathun to look down instead of up

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Bungie cited Twin Peaks as an inspiration for the post-game mystery stuff. I wonder how long his name was Lynch until they thought better of it...

Hopefully old Twin Peaks and not the new one.

Mage_Boy posted:

An Outbreak Perfected with a fully finished catalyst feels like a cheat code for the legendary missions. Especially when thrall charge you and you pop one in the head. The nanites do the rest for you.

Can't wait to get the catalyst for it, always loved that gun.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah +1 that the Witch Queen campaign on Legendary is loving sick. Double chests at the end of a boss is just insane (so much loot holy poo poo). They are also continuing their streak of producing amazing story content after Beyond Light. I'm so excited to continue playing today and also for the content to come. Looks like lessons have finally been learned I think regarding gearing up and also the right challenge for a campaign.

I've only done the first mission, but with regards to gearing up I very much appreciated that each chest comes with an upgrade module so you can keep raising your light level without restrictions

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Did they loving bring back loving sparrow racing yet

dodgeblan
Jul 20, 2019

Marshal Plugnut posted:

I've only done the first mission, but with regards to gearing up I very much appreciated that each chest comes with an upgrade module so you can keep raising your light level without restrictions

yeah the dumping upgrade modules on you is such a nice quality of life improvement

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Control Volume posted:

Did they loving bring back loving sparrow racing yet

It's in Grasp of Avarice, and everyone still hates it.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Void Warlock
Axion Bolt grenades

Chaos Accelerant + Feed the Void aspects
Echo of Expulsion + Echo of Remnants fragments

Contraverse Hold

2x Ashes to Assets
2x Grenade Kickstart
3x Elemental Ordnance
Seeking Wells
Bountiful Wells
2x Innervation

Season to taste

Always Be Exploding

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

xzzy posted:

It's in Grasp of Avarice, and everyone still hates it.

I'd like it a lot more if my sparrow didn't auto-explode as I drop down to the last bomb all the time.

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005
Does upgrading your gear past the power restriction in the legendary campaign actually matter? I’m just coming back so most of my armor is pretty rear end and I’d rather not use upgrade modules until I’m sure it’s something I’ll want to keep for at least a minute.

Speaking of, is there a good reference on what to look for with armor attributes etc?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
No, the legendary campaign missions are always locked to 1350. Upgrading things will obviously matter in the outside activities, but you can save up and just infuse your 1520 set you get if you want, I imagine.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

fast cars loose anus posted:

No, the legendary campaign missions are always locked to 1350. Upgrading things will obviously matter in the outside activities, but you can save up and just infuse your 1520 set you get if you want, I imagine.

The legendary missions keep climbing all the way up to Player Level 1485. There is always a forced delta though, starting at 10 in the first mission and finishing at 20 for the finale

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They're locked to -10 light but that number keeps climbing over the course of the campaign

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Oh, my bad. Guess I'm not far enough then for it to have started climbing

e: wait so do I need to start infusing then? What happens if I'm under the light level, will it bump me up?

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 23, 2022

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
If you're on PS4 and getting lots of crashes, shut off HDR.

I died in the second mission on my warlock, the game crashed and after that I couldn't load Savathun's Throne World. I could zone in to everything else, just couldn't load back into the Enclave. I thought it was a game specific configuration that was crashing it, since I got past this mission with my Titan and I could load in with my Hunter, and the crash was so reproducible for that one load and only on my warlock, but in the end just shutting off HDR got me past it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

e: wait so do I need to start infusing then? What happens if I'm under the light level, will it bump me up?

if you're under it won't bump you up, but if you're over it'lll knock you down

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

You also need to hit a certain threshold of Light Level to actually start the missions, so definitely don't sleep completely on infusing your gear.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
so DMT absolutely loving slaps in campaign.

Also, the warlock void helm that gives abilities on void kill also slaps.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

If I do the campaign on normal I can just come back later and do it on Legendary, right? I feel like I'm gonna get smoked if I try it at 1350.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
you can't overlevel the legendary campaign, it caps your effective power at a certain number below the enemies

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
^^^^^ true, but you can always come back with better stats and perks and knowledge of the new gameplay stuff and mission flow, and friends

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

If I do the campaign on normal I can just come back later and do it on Legendary, right? I feel like I'm gonna get smoked if I try it at 1350.

Yes, there's a replay campaign node in the Throne World destination

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

this is the best destiny since taken king, easily

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

haveblue posted:

^^^^^ true, but you can always come back with better stats and perks and knowledge of the new gameplay stuff and mission flow, and friends

Yes, there's a replay campaign node in the Throne World destination

Nice. I'll probably do it on Normal cause I haven't played in a few months, but it's nice that I don't have to grind out 1550 or whatever the new cap is just to do it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

victrix posted:

this is the best destiny since taken king, easily
https://twitter.com/DattosDestiny/status/1496347632113176579?t=2e4QSLegQSembv_sGH_zsA&s=19

https://twitter.com/MyNameIsByf/status/1496342991639830534?t=IiaZN7aWYjB0YuE8MD88-g&s=19

https://twitter.com/myelingames/status/1496360630684631044?t=5XO75QwzcjSPs2WW-IJaBg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Gladd/status/1496325644405424128?t=ArpNjKPcSgo8doYibrFZJQ&s=19

https://twitter.com/Ebontis/status/1496360379793956865?t=MfG6Dcfu3Bf1xDyI5ekK8A&s=19

Yeah, seems to have been well recieved. Game... good?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So do all classes have access to the same Void perks (or whatever they're called, like how Stasis was in Beyond Light)? Just looking at posts it seems like Devour is not Warlock exclusive anymore?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

as a bad player I wish the campaign had difficulty steps between normal and Legendary, but other then that it's pretty good so far.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

where do I get the remaining echoes :goleft:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I have to say I really appreciate that Ghost is finally shredding some of his relentless optimism given everything we find out about the Traveler in the campaign. I'm doing the Parasite exotic quest and Mara just said something stupid and smug like usual and while old Ghost would have been like "that's okay! We appreciate your support every step of the way!" new Ghost just want "uh-huh. Sure" and went on with his life

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Is there any place that shows you what your crafting materials inventory is? Or am I dumb and I just missed them in the regular inventory?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Listerine posted:

Is there any place that shows you what your crafting materials inventory is? Or am I dumb and I just missed them in the regular inventory?

Not just you, I was looking for it as well and gave up :smith:.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Savathun should've had to do the whole New Light intro campaign. She should shoot you with Riskrunner

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah, seems to have been well recieved. Game... good?

Any comparison to a prior campaign is half-baked. This one is a whole different beast. Immersive from start to finish. I was really impressed and I keep trying to get old lights to come back and try it so i can have an excuse to go through it again.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
my roommate really wants to do the legendary campaign together but has been swamped with work and life stuff, but i'm low key kinda glad cuz i get to run through the campaign solo on normal difficulty and then replay it over time co-op on legendary, which is probably the best way to do it

right now im just burning through normal using whatever blue drops i get since it doesn't matter, which is really relaxing as someone who has a lot of trouble optimizing my loadout. once i finish this up then hopefully i can go back into legendary with good guns (though as has been mentioned, really the only gear issue in legendary is that you need lots of power weapon/damage buff type stuff because of how tanky yellow bar enemies are)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Feb 24, 2022

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kalli posted:

as a bad player I wish the campaign had difficulty steps between normal and Legendary, but other then that it's pretty good so far.

There actually are difficulty steps. In that there will be Master difficulty campaign.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

spoilering just in case anyone remember the leaks from before shadowkeep where the veil was mentioned as being the 5th enemy race and that they'd be made up of units named after chess pieces? Did those sculptures in the europa pyramid look like chess pieces to anyone else? Also the big dude's comment at the end about the traveler having no more pieces left to play. Seems to be hinting at something there.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So do all classes have access to the same Void perks (or whatever they're called, like how Stasis was in Beyond Light)? Just looking at posts it seems like Devour is not Warlock exclusive anymore?

Void now works like Stasis does: all the classes have the same grenades and the same Fragments but unique melees and Aspects

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

You do less damage & take more. The "drop screen" when you start a new mission will have a bunch of icons in the bottom left corner, the modifiers for the mission, one of those will tell you what your LL will be downgraded to for the mission, this is only for legendary campaign though.

As for infusing, if you've already got a sweet masterworked armor set just infuse that up yeah the campaign showers you in upgrade modules to do exactly that, just bear in mind if you're struggling with a legendary campaign mission, your LL is probably not the problem. Although chapter 3 the light cap jumps up to 1405 I guess it might jump again but that's as far as I am.

Edit: thoroughly enjoying things so far. Aside from the orb change I only seem to have the arc orb generation helmet mod where's the kinetic one? & why exactly should I bother masterworking weapons anymore?

rocket_Magnet fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 24, 2022