Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

littleorv posted:

Elden Ring

Releases two days after Twosday. Coincidence? (Yes)

If Skyrim had released 11 days after 11/11/11 it would also have been a nice looking date honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Tabletops posted:

I agree, with the caveat that if you really disliked it you probably still will

I didn't play the original, I just remember hearing that it had clunky combat

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Replicant's combat is serviceable, the real issue is that the backend of the game becomes very focused on it with far fewer diversions so it can get tiring

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can’t believe Elden Ring is actually coming out

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

i doubt its a direct 1:1 adaptation. maybe ill have egg on my face but it doesnt seem like this franchise's style.

Yeah, NierA has way too much lore in everything else to settle for something like that. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that's not even 2B in the key art.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Automata's combat is fine, but if you even touch sidequests, everything in the main scenario is as threatening as wet kleenex.

Larryb posted:

How would you even possibly adapt Automata’s final ending in anime form?

The same way they concluded the final Rebuild of Evangelion movie.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

True, attempting to adapt the game directly would probably be a disaster (even if you kept it solely focused on the Ending A route) so I’m hoping it’ll be some kind of side story or something along those lines

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Automata’s combat feels good but it doesn’t have a lot of depth, which is a shame coming from the developers of Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Considering how the stage plays and books would tell alternate endings, and how even none of Drakengard 3's endings are the timeline route that would lead into Drakengard 1 (I believe it was eventually told in book form), it wouldn't be that surprising if the anime just told its own story.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

DoubleDonut posted:

Automata’s combat feels good but it doesn’t have a lot of depth, which is a shame coming from the developers of Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101

Unfortunately they are also the developers of Legend of Korra and Mutants in Manhattan

and Scalebound lol

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DoubleDonut posted:

Hey, it's impressive from the future developers of babylon's fall

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and from the developers of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Their Transformers game was real cool though, shame it was exactly two hours long

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Vanquish is the best Platinum game

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

it's infinite space, sorry

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Mgr is an incredible 6hrs

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
I've a soft spot for Madworld and Anarchy Reigns, but my favorite is still MGR, yeah

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

A Bystander posted:

I've a soft spot for Madworld and Anarchy Reigns, but my favorite is still MGR, yeah

AR was super fun in multiplayer and had a loving killer soundtrack

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
It was a really good time, aside from the Evasion Master skill kinda ruining the fun, and I sometimes wish they would bring it over to PC.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Dongicus posted:

Sometimes that's all you need.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
mgr had perfect runtime for me to watch it all on youtube

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

To be clear, I wasn't trying to imply that I was horny at cartoon/video game rear end (which I'm not). I'm laughing at the idea of using that as a standard for judging animation quality of the anime, since that particular part of the character's anatomy was so painstakingly crafted in the game.

I am laughing AT the horny, not WITH the horny.
lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

that post took me on a journey through time back to the Zorak era

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

horny (i'm laughing)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A3qCIrTolo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Keep jacking, I'm refracting.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

pentyne posted:

Anything Yoko Taro is involved with will be insanely creative, but not necessarily good.

The story telling for the Nier games is pretty big on the whole replaying the game to see the progression of "endings" which are actually just further continuations of the story.

Not sure how they plan to do that for the anime unless its going to being "Ending A" then the follow episode shifts to a different character focus for the next ending and so on.

Nier Automata was a shock massive success and ripe for IP expansion, but regarding the whole 2butt thing 2B isn't really the focus of the game, like 3/4ths of it are 9S and A2

The Steins Gate anime had the credits get interrupted for one of the episodes then it went to the true ending after that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

dogsicle posted:

horny (i'm laughing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1BK6admJwo&t=66s

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dongicus posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Vanquish is the best Platinum game

its absurd how hard vanquish owns

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CJ posted:

The Steins Gate anime had the credits get interrupted for one of the episodes then it went to the true ending after that.

steins;gate ftw. i loved the movie too.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Nier Anime is gonna be 26 episodes. 1 for each ending.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kild posted:

Nier Anime is gonna be 26 episodes. 1 for each ending.
A full episode of lovingly animated cooking of a fish, then dying

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Overall i hate Steins Gate but that moment was hype as hell and redeemed it in some small way.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

A full episode of lovingly animated cooking of a fish, then dying

I reject that the fish was cooked. She slid it in her mouth raw like an alley cat in a looney tune.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

brb rewatching Stains;Gate

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I had to cut my workout short today cuz I was too nauseated to finish

not in a "power through it" way but in a "I resent having to walk to my car and I might pass out and wake up on a stretcher if I keep going" way

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I. M. Gei posted:

I had to cut my workout short today cuz I was too nauseated to finish

not in a "power through it" way but in a "I resent having to walk to my car and I might pass out and wake up on a stretcher if I keep going" way

i recommend unplugging the news and for the next few hours and watching anime instead

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I was so wiped by the time I got home that just the sound of the news coming from my dad's tablet was too much for my brain to handle

I'm better now that I've eaten and lied down but I doubt I'm in a state for watching anything atm, anime or otherwise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

copy posted:

its absurd how hard vanquish owns

:hai:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bFT9QREtyU