Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

OgNar posted:

e: Sadly I never got Troll Patrol to work on my phone even though it really should (and I really wanted it to), even tried contacting the dev and they never got back to me with any option/reason.

Really? What phone do you haVe? I just installed it and it worked flawlessly on my note 9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

fyallm posted:

Really? What phone do you haVe? I just installed it and it worked flawlessly on my note 9.

LG Fiesta, not the greatest phone in the world, but it does say it will work on it, and runs everything else I've tried perfectly fine.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Relentless posted:

Back to Magic Survival chat, I can't see what the upgrades are now but I've got a level 8 blue flame high damage incinerate that's taking out the huge orbs in 1-2 casts.

Yeah the new system is way better. Far too often using the hybrid powers crippled you since you had less spells going off at the same time.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

I also had a pretty solid run using fireball, faster fireball cast speed, and fireballs follow you and move slower + a reinforced Satan's something where every 38 fireball it shoots a bonus wave of fireballs.

Just a quiet little zone of death, like satellites but MORE.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Pretty much the only decent idle games are

Idle to rule the gods
WAMI
Idle skilling
Legends of idleon

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I'm really down with this magic survival update.

I like the new skill system a lot. Fusion sucked.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I do miss my satellite + laser beam fusion, the rest of them were whatever

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

one of the new satliite upgrades combines all your satellites into one and you basically have a loving star orbiting you, its great.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah I liked that but it circles too drat slow. I have been choosing the one that splits it into two orbits going opposite directions because that seems to give the most coverage. It's especially great if you took the explosion perk first so each one causes lil explosions when it hits something.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
The thunderstorm one that combines it into one giant one that deals damage based on how many strikes it was before is really good, it clears out a noticeably large area

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I just had a good run based around cyclone of all things. Stacked all the size buffs and duration buffs and ended with cyclones bigger than the screen.

Then I died because my arm fell asleep and I had 0 defensive skills.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I wish the control spot wasn't an oval. I'm having a hard time getting used to it.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

I'm slowly figuring out which spells have a One True Build so I can go for it.

My big one is that Magic Bolt can stay relevant a long time if you combo the damage up/piercing with dopplegangers. It's like an electric shock that knows how to aim itself and hits pretty hard. Most of the good Magic Bolt items are also Spirit items, and the 2nd upgrade that turns the Spirit attacks into 2.5x damage anime katana slashes is really solid too. If I don't have a strong base to build on, those two together just provide a lot of coverage that doesn't waste shots.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've had good luck with the firework/random shots upgrade for lots of screen clear. However I've had problems dealing with the big dudes and no matter how much I stack damage I can't seem to kill them in respectable time. Most of my deaths have been due to getting sandwiched by a bunch of bigguns

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Away all Goats posted:

one of the new satliite upgrades combines all your satellites into one and you basically have a loving star orbiting you, its great.

That was actually one of the fusions before, satellite+Armageddon. But it didn't feel worth giving up geddon for so I never used it.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Renegret posted:

I've had good luck with the firework/random shots upgrade for lots of screen clear. However I've had problems dealing with the big dudes and no matter how much I stack damage I can't seem to kill them in respectable time. Most of my deaths have been due to getting sandwiched by a bunch of bigguns

Yeah that's the new end condition I think. Not sure you are supposed to be able to kill them in a reasonable time

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Yeah that's the new end condition I think. Not sure you are supposed to be able to kill them in a reasonable time

Sadly I haven't been able to break the 40 minute mark yet. I've come close but just barely keep missing them because I suck real bad at roguelikes. But I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case anyway, I know pre-patch people were idling their way to hour long games with the right builds

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
also the clock is right where the camera hole is on my pixel 5 so I can't actually see the timer without pausing the game

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Renegret posted:

also the clock is right where the camera hole is on my pixel 5 so I can't actually see the timer without pausing the game

Same lol, I thought the timer was just broken until I noticed a couple pixels peeking out behind the camera

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Same. I played the game holding the phone upside down for a while but eventually decided seeing the timer wasn't that important.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Hey what the hell is MP in Magic Survival? There's no mana or anything so is that just like magic power or something?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

explosivo posted:

Hey what the hell is MP in Magic Survival? There's no mana or anything so is that just like magic power or something?

It's experience

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

:doh: of course. Thank you!

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I lost a run at 39:53

:(

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I did not realize the big mobs were a guaranteed item drop when they die. I managed to actually regularly kill them with a satellite + electric zone + tsunami build. I'd just hug them and let the satellites and e zone constantly damage, then had the lava tsunami upgrade so it did decent damage. Couldn't get a great photo of it but I'd kill a wave of them and have 10 chests on the field

Edit: look at this nonsense

Fuck You And Diebold fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Feb 25, 2022

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
So I think the difficulty goes up with levels as well as just over time. I had a game where I was the human subject (MP +5%), mastered scholar class (MP +20%), and one of the first items I got was the stone that gives MP +20%. I also noticed the big guys give a bunch of xp so I went satellite + e zone and focused them. I was level 85 by 25 minutes and died because I couldn't kill poo poo. The big red ones especially were just not dying. I was kitted out too

All reinforced items. In which case if you are going for longest time I suggest avoiding extra MP gain and not killing the big dudes

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Magic Survival just updated, now the expected max time for a level is down to 30 minutes among some other difficulty adjustments. Rewards per minute are supposed to go up too in order to compensate.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Are the really really big ones killable or are they just area denial

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Are the really really big ones killable or are they just area denial

I haven't played since the latest round of updates but people up thread are talking about killing them

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Yeah I made a dedicated effort to kill some and they do die after a while

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

The right satellite build will decimate them, and they're guaranteed to drop a chest, including the rare chests.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Any recommendations for a decent asymmetrical game? Something I can do a turn then a friend can do something a few hours later if they feel like? Not, like, super complicated like civ or anything just a fairly casual thing.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Chess?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Yeah we burned through that over a series of months and neither of us got any better but we did get stupider.

ObsidianBeast
Jan 17, 2008

SKA SUCKS

Push El Burrito posted:

Any recommendations for a decent asymmetrical game? Something I can do a turn then a friend can do something a few hours later if they feel like? Not, like, super complicated like civ or anything just a fairly casual thing.

If you are into deckbuilders, Star Realms has a mode where you have 48h to take your next turn, and you can directly challenge people.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I think you can play NuPlanets on a phone browser.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Relentless posted:

The right satellite build will decimate them, and they're guaranteed to drop a chest, including the rare chests.

I've been using Druid with and lucking into the artifact that makes every 4th Cyclone the size of the entire screen, it's great for killing the giant blobs.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah we burned through that over a series of months and neither of us got any better but we did get stupider.

chess.txt

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I had a good run with focused incinerate, satellite with the relic that increases crit on each hit, tsunami, and Armageddon with the hp decrease option, and made it to 29 minutes. Probably would have topped 30 if I had ever gotten enhanced versions of most of my artifacts, but I kept not getting anything relevant.

Incinerate can shred the big guys but it's easy to get overwhelmed by stuff around you while doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Push El Burrito posted:

boardgamearena is a good app that has hundreds of legally licensed board games that you can play asynchronously

though its just an app that launches their website but shut up it counts