Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

matti
Mar 31, 2019

MLSM posted:

The world has finally had enough of americas poo poo

gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The NeoNazis will be ratlined to cushy jobs in the west while civilians will be massacred with thermobaric weapons like in Chechnya.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this oleksandra matviichuk chick on cnn is a 10/10 smokeshow :drat:

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

remember when the war was over after 2 hours of bombing

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

paul_soccer12 posted:

HEARING REPORTS OF NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

https://twitter.com/KyleJGlen/status/1496754091753619458

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
lmao Kiev is asking Turkey to close the Bosporus

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Smythe posted:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
im thankful putin was considerate and did not invade on twosday while we were enjoying memes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Smythe posted:

Praying that all the butifel ukrainian babyjirls are allright.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Ya know I'm not one of those to shriek Russian disinformation bot hordes, but it would be pretty useful during an invasion to create twitter chatter that you've torn through defenses, you are already in the capitol, and soldiers are surrendering. Seems like a cheap way to lower morale of the kids at post who are inevitably checking their phones.

Not saying they are doing it, but that'd seem like a thing.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

IQ 9000

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

Oh no. They're going to invade the Senkakus.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

paul_soccer12 posted:

HEARING REPORTS OF NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS

No funny dude, tens of thousands are dead!

Dead tired of waiting for Elden Ring to finally come out!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

And then Putin will be 'forced' to bring back the USSR to keep their seat.. just as planned.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FuzzySlippers posted:

Ya know I'm not one of those to shriek Russian disinformation bot hordes, but it would be pretty useful during an invasion to create twitter chatter that you've torn through defenses, you are already in the capitol, and soldiers are surrendering. Seems like a cheap way to lower morale of the kids at post who are inevitably checking their phones.

at this point it's like psychological warfare 101 and russia is all about the cyber so theres no way they're not doing something

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/QuiGon_SW_bot/status/1496752832757727232

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://twitter.com/fotoshuma/status/1496438692889739267

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

No funny dude, tens of thousands are dead!

Dead tired of waiting for Elden Ring to finally come out!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Tiler Kiwi posted:

What can I say but, I love Putin, he's "based" and making the libs HELLA mad.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/Caucasuswar/status/1496754905163309059

looks like these guys were awake and ready in comparison to everyone else

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Metal Gear Rising 2 finally happening in real time

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

FuzzySlippers posted:

BREAKING: Canadian troops reported crossing the 49th parallel

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Well, poo poo. Yesterday I posted that the situation was basically like Georgia which has been stable for a decade. Kind of slipped my mind that it was stable after the Russians blew up the army and drove wheelies before the capital.
I guess the tell that this one time the US actually had intelligence was that they sent Kamala.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

BREAKING: Canadian troops reported crossing the 49th parallel

BREAKING: Canadian military repelled by a couple of Q-anon nutters who thought they were getting invaded by the Chinese.

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dObTXYa-_n4

I never thought I’d see Deep Battle. This is a real “they do move in herds” moment, with the realization that my battery, regiment and Brigade would have been obliterated and I would be red mist had NATO been involved.

My only hope is that someone learns from this because Russia demonstrated decisively it’s not 1992 anymore. I don’t want to hear another loving word about how NATO is incontestable in conventional war. We spent years training the Ukrainians. Their war is already over.

The response to this cannot be to get more hawkish with Russia. They just showed why.

My dude the Ukrainian military is basically nonexistent. You can talk about the token "training" and :"support" they've been given but they have basically no air force and nothing even remotely resembling a modern air defense network. We threw some stingers and javelins at them and said "YOU'LL BE FINE, CHAMP", lmao

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

So far the most drastic reports are from twitter randos and I'd just expect this utter destruction of the Ukrainian forces to have more shaky cell phone footage.

TBH I hope it's true because continued fighting will only hurt more civilians. The political question is already solved it is only a question of what the body count for this is going to be. Dragging out great power poo poo only leads to more mayhem.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Good morning, Mr. President

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1496757916535242756

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

are there any maps or is it just too early for that

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
i think if a war is about to happen you really should tell your population to worry so that they have time to escape and not this mass traffic jam and supermarket rush we’re seeing now

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

MOD knew

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Morbus posted:

I, for one, am shocked that a comedian whose main pre-election qualification was "playing the president of Ukraine on TV" was unprepared for his position as a geopolitical pawn between Putin and the CIA.

i mean it's a great bit

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

to be fair this isn't the first time Russian tanks have entered Kharkov with little resistance

:vince:

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

that asb news Twitter thing is straight up disinformation.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

are there any maps or is it just too early for that

im getting word that russia has obliterated new zealand and it will no longer appear on maps

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

:hmmyes:

samurai were roaming mercenaries working under feudal land owners so this seems appropriate

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

not sure i'd trust this account. they just posted

followed by quickly deleting it after people said it was from 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

i think if a war is about to happen you really should tell your population to worry so that they have time to escape and not this mass traffic jam and supermarket rush we’re seeing now

The entire time Zelensky has been doing "there's nothing to worry about" bit with a new video almost every day or every other day.