Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

goferchan posted:

Not to be too personal but my father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

goferchan posted:

Not to be too personal but my father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen-year-old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent, I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard, really. At the age of twelve, I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I suggest you try it.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

goferchan posted:

lol

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

goferchan posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

wearing diapers today. focusing on turds. dont wanna soil anything. i soiled myself in a ton of Wranglers right before i came out and still regret it, i want every crap to knock me on my rear end. also planning to pee a shitload lol

lmfao

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

goferchan posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

managed to go like 2 hours without thinking about elden ring until i started talking to a guy at the bar about elden ring, lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

AJ SOPRANO: What, no fuckin quest log?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwYrwAxbkmY&t=14s

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Swapna for another girl, lmfao.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
lol @ all the accessibility stuff, but then getting really sad when I imagine how a guy in a wheelchair probably would not be able to get through the Anor Lono rafters

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This unlocks perfectly at 8am Japan time, which is my prime gaming time. No work projects until March. Ahhh. Nothing short of Nuclear war could stop me now.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

It unlocks here at 11pm tonight then I have to sleep + work all of Friday. I'm not going to survive this final stretch

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's either gonna come out for me in 2 hours assuming the Xbox system time trick works or a few hours after I usually wake up after gaming all night. Frankly either one works for me, but I hope I can play it now.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Been sick the last two days so will be an early night tonight probably so that I can be well rested for full gamer mode all weekend instead of playing at midnight

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Some choice quotes from people at work

quote:

there is no quest tracker or map
Did no-one learn from Morrowind?

I’m sure it’s intentional. Doesn’t make it any less dumb.
What benefit is there to memorizing or drawing out my own map and quest notes?

It seems to be a design predicated on the assumption that I won’t put the game down for a couple of weeks because Life, and completely forget where I was when I come back.
Games should have refresher tutorials - how did these controls work again?
Nothing breaks immersion more than me dying because my character can’t remember how to parry because I forgot it’s the X button

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I feel like most of these people aren't aware of Mimics and will collectively poo poo their pants (in a bad way) when they learn there are Treasure Chests That Eat You

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Martman posted:

I feel like most of these people aren't aware of Mimics and will collectively poo poo their pants (in a bad way) when they learn there are Treasure Chests That Eat You

:bisonyes:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Same guy who said he wanted refresher tutorials

quote:

See, point and clicks get a pass from me, because they’re at-base puzzle games; figuring out what to do was the point. Also, “quest” lines tended to be short.
I’ve also never played a souls-alike.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
It is good to me that people can enjoy the game in manners that are extremely fail, like, when getting to the soulsbornes 10 years after they're released and you expect anyone playing at this point to be some insane pro who has completed the game 50 times, but instead the average person you meet when jumping into someone else's game are people who cast magic missle from across the room at Velstadt but somehow still manages to get hit by every single slow overhead swing that he does

God bless all of these retarded gamers & I look forward to using their ears & tongues to rank up the PvP covenants.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

There desperately needs to be a gesture or voice line for "you just stay in the loving corner while I kill this boss for both of us" when you're helping hosts

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

There desperately needs to be a gesture or voice line for "you just stay in the loving corner while I kill this boss for both of us" when you're helping hosts

The ones who run past you and ignore you pointing at the corner and wagging your finger probably wouldn't pay attention to anything more explicit either

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
I’m going to be so mad if my house gets nuked before I get to play

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol but also I like to kill all the guys in central yharnam

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Plane to New Zealand just landed. I'm in.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

wearing diapers today. focusing on turds. dont wanna soil anything. i soiled myself in a ton of Wranglers right before i came out and still regret it, i want every crap to knock me on my rear end. also planning to pee a shitload lol

lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

congrats, enjoy the vacation

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Giving a "word of advice" about any of these games makes you the world's biggest blowhard. gently caress you, twitter cat boy.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

American McGay posted:

:maga:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I caved to peer pressure and bought this turd.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Giving a "word of advice" about any of these games makes you the world's biggest blowhard. gently caress you, twitter cat boy.

100% this dude plays with a shield and holds it up around every corner

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

100% this dude plays with a shield and holds it up around every corner

If I went to Bob's vods it would be simply too easy. lmfao

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Weekly reminder to run, homeslice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull