Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh I just saw the snail post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

pentyne posted:

Anything Yoko Taro is involved with will be insanely creative, but not necessarily good.

The story telling for the Nier games is pretty big on the whole replaying the game to see the progression of "endings" which are actually just further continuations of the story.

Not sure how they plan to do that for the anime unless its going to being "Ending A" then the follow episode shifts to a different character focus for the next ending and so on.
Well, it's not exactly a new position for the industry to be in, what with the Clannad VN from 2004 being made into an anime in 2007.
It wasn't until 2013 that the majority of people in the west could easily experience the whole story.

Of course, the Clannad anime focused on just one part of the story, and I'm really not sure how they could possibly handle the climax of Ending E in Nier Automata because that requires a pretty significant choice from the player and is the only thematically-apropriate ending.

EDIT: Also, it's kinda funny to me that the image you included also misses the point of Nier Automata, which is that humanity, despite having destroyed itself, is still the reason why the robots keep fighting and the only way the robots can be free is if the player stops playing the game and gives up all control.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 24, 2022

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

It releases at midnight in New Zealand so if you have it on Xbox you can just set your console time. It comes out in 2 hours for me assuming it works lol.

did it work

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Not a good day for Rusia related news.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

CJ posted:

Not a good day for Rusia related news.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I want 2B to sit on my face

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

NowonSA posted:

I only occasionally popped into the vtuber thread and it all seemed pretty normal when I did, but looking at the posts leading up to it being gassed I certainly get why it was. It's just a shame since I wanted to see the reaction to this latest Rushia news. I don't have any particularly hot takes about it, but I'll admit I'm curious to hear more of the details after they presumably come out eventually.
japanese companies, known for talking a lot about shady firings under dubious circumstances

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Plutonis posted:

I want 2B to sit on my face

I wish I was that face

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
loving AWESOME. Cover Corp and the bastards at Hololive fired Rushia? So what the gently caress do I do now. The wicked FYUAD trolls have ensured that there is no safe space on something awful to grieve. FUUUCK!! This was supposed to be a happy day. How can I play Elden Ring when there is no joy in my heart? gently caress this poo poo. [tries to pick up my ps5 to throw it but relents after considerable effort due to its gargantuan size and elects to huck my gamer lappeh through the drywall instead]

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hizke posted:

loving AWESOME. Cover Corp and the bastards at Hololive fired Rushia? So what the gently caress do I do now. The wicked FYUAD trolls have ensured that there is no safe space on something awful to grieve. FUUUCK!! This was supposed to be a happy day. How can I play Elden Ring when there is no joy in my heart? gently caress this poo poo. [tries to pick up my ps5 to throw it but relents after considerable effort due to its gargantuan size and elects to huck my gamer lappeh through the drywall instead]

Your parents put up drywall in the basement?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hizke posted:

drat you got a ps5? nice

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hizke posted:

sorry to bother you in your moment of sorrow op but what is the U in FYUAD

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

its when you say the 'you' like youre soulja boy

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Erg posted:

Up

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hizke posted:

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Leave me be fyoad freaks. Can't you see I'm in pain? Rushia... Is gone. There's nothing I can do. I bet I won't even play Elden Ring when it launches today on PC at 6:00 PM EST I'm so beset by my woe.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Hizke posted:

Leave me be fyoad freaks. Can't you see I'm in pain? Rushia... Is gone. There's nothing I can do. I bet I won't even play Elden Ring when it launches today on PC at 6:00 PM EST I'm so beset by my woe.

:gb2fyad:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Didn't check this forum in a few days, and now there's a billion pages in the chat thread and a new mod. I assume there was an Event.

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

Didn't check this forum in a few days, and now there's a billion pages in the chat thread and a new mod. I assume there was an Event.

vtubers happened

Schir fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 24, 2022

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Hizke posted:

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Brutal Garcon posted:

fyad started posting in the vtuber thread

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Stink Billyums posted:

Yup. it was all their fault. Vile trolls, the lot of 'em. And guess what? I have two fists, one for each remaining fyaoud member! Hah! I'll beat their asses black and blue. Introduce 'em to Pekora (left fist) and Marine (right fist). Some Hololive justice... For Rushia.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stink Billyums posted:

always :nono: check :nono: the :nono: postcount :nono:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Day 3 of no lean

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm glad we now just have this asinine vtuber war in ither threads now

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Brutal Garcon posted:

how did you miss the news about rushia its everywhere

marumaru
May 20, 2013

joke already done. i know who to blame for this

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Shut the gently caress up about vtubers, all.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hizke posted:

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
the pink forum is leaking again

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Rushia's gone. Rushia is.. Gone. Nothing will bring her back. I've been through every hell hole I could find for some small source of succor, languishing finally in the Senran Kagura peach beach splash pc ranked discord, which btw is fairly freaking active tbqh-- I had an epiphany. RUSHIA would want me to play Elden Ring today. She wouldn't want me to be sad. So I will live on. I will play Elden Ring at 6:00 PM EST for a few hours before the Peach Beach ranked tourney. These wounds in my heart are deep and painful, but this is something I have to do. For Rushia. For.. For me.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Hizke posted:

Rushia's gone. Rushia is.. Gone. Nothing will bring her back. I've been through every hell hole I could find for some small source of succor, languishing finally in the Senran Kagura peach beach splash pc ranked discord, which btw is fairly freaking active tbqh-- I had an epiphany. RUSHIA would want me to play Elden Ring today. She wouldn't want me to be sad. So I will live on. I will play Elden Ring at 6:00 PM EST for a few hours before the Peach Beach ranked tourney. These wounds in my heart are deep and painful, but this is something I have to do. For Rushia. For.. For me.

good luck, gamer

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Zetsubou-san posted:

the pink forum is leaking again

Imp zone is more of a blue

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hizke posted:

good luck in your tourney. I hope oen day the empty spot where her nendo would be gets filled

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Welp, today hasn't been a complete waste. I learned what lappeh is.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Endorph posted:

If you haven't yet, be sure to look at the TLs of the little audio dramas they put on youtube.

http://barnnn.blogspot.com/p/ssssgridman-voice-dramas.html

There's some funny jokes and the one for the last ep is a really cute cap on Yume and Yomogi's relationship.

Thanks for the link, I will. Read the last one and it was adorable :allears:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hizke posted:

:cheerdoge:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Shut the gently caress up about vtubers, all.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Hizke posted:

What is this bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Elden Ring