Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

ITT we make up fake, pretentious-yet-generic sounding video game titles.

Threat Level Nine
Terror Runners
Elite Tolerance Down
Operational Hazard
Snuggle Ruckus (for the kids)

Punk Rebel Ecks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Revelations Origins: Reloaded

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Forbidden Dawn: Zero West

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Calm Dad's Anime Shelf Review

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

It's been close to two years since this post so by law someone had to have made Gubbies Circuit.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

mdemone posted:

I have about 60 games on mine right now, sorry for your loss

they made me delete something just to download the triangle trouble project game

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's been close to two years since this post so by law someone had to have made Gubbies Circuit.

https://stranger.itch.io/sebil-engineering

shockingly close!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
People have probably talked about it a lot before although I don't remember it, but I noticed there was a demo for What the Golf and I downloaded it and I'm way into it. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale but I definitely want to play more.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
That Batman collection come as three separate downloads? Never played the last two.

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

Electromax posted:

The problem is they say these names are temporary, then put out early demos, then decide not to change it due to demo association awareness. Should've picked better names before the reveal/demo.

Can't wait for the next game "Large Pepperoni".

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

That Batman collection come as three separate downloads? Never played the last two.

which batman collection

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Quantum of Phallus posted:

which batman collection

Wrong thread!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fly Ricky posted:

Wrong thread!

if it's the arkham games, city and knight run at a horrible 45fps for some reason!!!

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

if it's the arkham games, city and knight run at a horrible 45fps for some reason!!!

Yikes! Thanks for saving me $8. Wtf.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sorry, Asylum and City run 45, Knight runs 30 at like 720p, it's blurry as gently caress

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
In "I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen like 35 years ago" news, Nintendo has acquired SRD Co Ltd. If you're wondering "literally who?", they're a programming company that's contributed code to the vast majority of games Nintendo has made since the NES days (they outright programmed the NES Marios and Zeldas!) and their headquarters was literally inside of Nintendo's.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

In "I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen like 35 years ago" news, Nintendo has acquired SRD Co Ltd. If you're wondering "literally who?", they're a programming company that's contributed code to the vast majority of games Nintendo has made since the NES days (they outright programmed the NES Marios and Zeldas!) and their headquarters was literally inside of Nintendo's.

nintendo is doomed

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I'm probably far too late, but you can actually jump over two-hole gaps if you land on the thin ridge in the middle. You will get the chance to struggle out of the "grasp" of the holes and if you landed exactly on the middle of the ridge you can make it to the other side.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

The Kins posted:

This just makes me want NES Remix Online.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

sorry, Asylum and City run 45, Knight runs 30 at like 720p, it's blurry as gently caress

This sounds like we’re talking about an actual Switch port.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wtf I’m the “sorry cop” just because I’m trying to be polite! Well gently caress that. Guess I’ll be an rear end from now on.

DE is amazing. This is not a game that is overrated or overhyped.

You can just tell your brain to gently caress off, I did the same when it tried to tell me I was actually an enlightened centrist instead of a diehard communist.

+1 for recommending Disco Elysium. I was really not into it in the beginning because the core premise of playing as an rear end in a top hat cop coming from out of town to do police work in a ravaged abandoned colonial venture is possibly the worst sell imaginable, but the game manages to be good in spite of that.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The Kins posted:

shots fired at Sony and their purchase of Bungo

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Has Zero Degradation: For Weapons

:smug:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

nintendo is doomed

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Nintendo should buy Level-5 and bring Dark Cloud to Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Kins posted:

I wonder if this was a thing where everyone at Nintendo and SRD just assumed Nintendo owned them until someone looked over some paperwork and was like "Huh. They're actually an independent entity."

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Pikmin 3 is so precious and charming. I love it so much already. I've barely gotten into the tutorial. Even with the weird controls and 2.5D environment it oozes charm.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wonder if this was a thing where everyone at Nintendo and SRD just assumed Nintendo owned them until someone looked over some paperwork and was like "Huh. They're actually an independent entity."
There are a couple of these weird situations. Intelligent Systems is another one you'd assume were first-party - they've manufactured devkits for years! - but no.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Nintendo making the big acquisitions.

SRD apparently have an office inside Nintendo Development Center in Kyoto alongside HAL.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
My assumption is that there's a mutual assumption about their cooperation and then someone key was about to retire/die and they wanted to make sure no wacky new person actually ended up selling to or working with another company.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think everyone knew, but this is one of those things that goes back to Nintendo's conservatism and deep roots in Japanese business culture. SRD was founded back when the whole "video games" thing was another three-year fad and being an independent entity meant that their implosion would have literally no effect on Nintendo shareholders. As long as the fad was going, and SRD remained in line, Yamauchi would provide them contracts and a literal roof over their head. And they wouldn't dare step out of line.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Zurtilik posted:

Nintendo should buy Level-5 and bring Dark Cloud to Switch.

Professor Layton will show up in a Fire Emblem and will finally be able to be romanced.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Wow that's a painful read.

I do think we need to include video games into modern discussions of art and art criticism and I encourage my students to do it when I can but if it's done like that no one will take it seriously at all.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I do think we need to include video games into modern discussions of art and art criticism and I encourage my students to do it when I can but if it's done like that no one will take it seriously at all.

Perchance.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

100YrsofAttitude posted:

"Lets-a-go!" Keep it up, baby!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Alright time to post your handwritten letters to Mario or sonic

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Pikmin 3 is so precious and charming. I love it so much already. I've barely gotten into the tutorial. Even with the weird controls and 2.5D environment it oozes charm.

I agree completely, Pikmin 3 is so wonderful.

Also, I vote for:

Nintendo Switch: Mario is cool as gently caress, perchance.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Junkie Disease posted:

Alright time to post your handwritten letters to Mario or sonic

That's private!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's actually really good