Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

reach out and touch grace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Inzombiac posted:

A dang dog bit me in twain!

Wolves hunt in packs, Tarnished

Kiffetastic
Aug 20, 2004

Oooooh Yeeeees!

Animal posted:

SOLUTION (for me): Go to Windows Game Controllers (widows key, search GAME CONTROLLERS), click Advanced... on the dropdown for preferred device SELECT YOUR CONTROLLER. Try again.

So this ALMOST did it for me. It helped sort out what the actual issue is. If for any reason you have anything else that shows up in Game Controllers other than your actual controller - unplug/disconnect it. It seems like having multiple "controllers" (for me it was a foot pedal) causes controllers to not work. Something about the game only using whatever the first detected "controller" is.

Hopefully that works for anyone else also.

mrs. nicholas sarkozy
Jan 1, 2006

~let me see ya bounce that bounce that~
anyone know yet if arcane is worth it for a mostly int magic build?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Willfrey posted:

its been a while coming i know i needed to do it now i have a real reason to.

This should still be working: https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/14/21065140/how-to-upgrade-microsoft-windows-7-10-free-os

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
The tearing I'm getting is so bad. I haven't seen it on any of the streams I've watched.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Kiffetastic posted:

So this ALMOST did it for me. It helped sort out what the actual issue is. If for any reason you have anything else that shows up in Game Controllers other than your actual controller - unplug/disconnect it. It seems like having multiple "controllers" (for me it was a foot pedal) causes controllers to not work. Something about the game only using whatever the first detected "controller" is.

I had to unplug my whole HOTAS rig but this did it for me too.

Maybe I should learn to play Elden Ring with a joystick and throttle.

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Animal posted:

SOLUTION (for me): Go to Windows Game Controllers (widows key, search GAME CONTROLLERS), click Advanced... on the dropdown for preferred device SELECT YOUR CONTROLLER. Try again.

Kiffetastic posted:

Thank you, kings. Unfortunately the other "controller" is my mouse, but I can work around that.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

lmao none of the face buttons work on my xbox controller only the sticks wtf

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Popelmon posted:

Man the pc performance is a joke for a game that looks like it was released in 2016, take a cue from Horizon Zero dawn!

Anyway, can't wait to visit every little corner of the world!

Releasing the game on PC with terrible performance is taking a cue from HZD.

Hoping it's not too bad with my PC specs. A GTX 1070 is showing its age at this point and a TR1950x was never a gaming CPU to begin with, maybe it will still be fine.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Fruits of the sea posted:

Booted back to the menu with a message that fps is too low. On a laptop with a 2060 and i5 10300 which granted isn't hot poo poo, but really?

Updated graphics drivers and it runs flawlessly on high now, in case anybody runs into the same problem.

but hole! is the elden ring meme already. Very appropriate, it fits the goatse image from this thread

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Is there any way to change the displayed controller buttons to the PS5 buttons? The Xs are tripping me up here.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Popping back in to report on dualsense support for PC (thanks for the reminder BP): not seeing it. Every game I've played that supports dualsense will immediately detect it if it's plugged in, mine stays inert after launching ER.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Popelmon posted:

Man the pc performance is a joke for a game that looks like it was released in 2016, take a cue from Horizon Zero dawn!

Seems fine to me, other than some occasional stuttering

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Disargeria posted:

Is there any way to change the displayed controller buttons to the PS5 buttons? The Xs are tripping me up here.

I'd also like to know this because it's annoying.

I found a possible fix for the tearing, I'll see if it works after I grab dinner

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Also, the game hangs around after quitting so if you're thinking about maybe refunding it before the two-hour limit, end the process in the task manager.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just killed a huge mounted knight as Wretch and got the Dismounter holy gently caress yeah

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Thanks for the link goon sir, looks to be pretty painless.

Hopefully won't have to re-download elden ring. I know it looks like a lot of poo poo will probably need to be reinstalled but i'm only really gaming elden ring

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004

Kiffetastic posted:

Bingo! Thanks king.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Popy posted:

lmao none of the face buttons work on my xbox controller only the sticks wtf

those buttons have the wrong symbols, friend

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

hatty posted:

Go back to the Sentinel when you get a horse it makes it a bit more manageable

Oh gently caress yeah it does. One shot :sickos:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A MASSIVE bear just appeared before me and killed me almost instantly.

What the helllll

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Popelmon posted:

The only thing that matches FromSoft's world-building is their technical incompetence

DXH
Dec 8, 2003

Ne Cede Malis
game crashes every 5mins after i get to the overworld, gonna wait until they unfuck this

the opening cutscene had some gorgeous art though, have fun goons and don't forget to

Try tongue
But hole

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

seeing loot on a ledge way above you that you can't reach

exquisite

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

My bad guys are going invisible until they get close. I can see a floating torch as they move closer, but no body.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

seeing loot on a ledge way above you that you can't reach

exquisite

It could be mine. It should be mine. Give it to me!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

RBA Starblade posted:

It could be mine. It should be mine. Give it to me!

Lmao exactly

Btw you can still kick in this game. It’s the special attack of fists

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
If I'm a FromSoft baby should I go all strong man with big sword or 1-hand/shield? Saw this defense option: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/elden-ring-best-builds or this Paladin: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Builds

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

Anybody figure out how to parry? I'm whiffing so far.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Easy Anti Cheat sucks and is single handedly preventing me from playing this game. Why From. Why have you done this?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yeah parry windows seem really tight, and only on some attacks.

Naked quick rolls are as effective as ever!

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Wow this loading stutter is loving garbage

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

One hour in so it's way too early to say for sure but so far I am... kind of disappointed. Lots of things are great but it was very quick to remind me why I don't like open world games - maybe I bought into the hype about how much there was to explore and discover a bit too much but there's really not very much to find.

Fruits of the sea
Dec 1, 2010

bike tory posted:

Yeah parry windows seem really tight, and only on some attacks.

Naked quick rolls are as effective as ever!

Maybe its for the best. Dark Souls was never the same after I figured out how to riposte black knights.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
for the first time in my 34 years of life and 18 or so years of working, I am going to call in sick tomorrow just to play video games.

let's gooooooooooooooooooo

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
i fell into blight town immediately

help

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Performance is all over the place for me with a 2080 and an 8700k and it randomly tanks when I assume it's streaming assets even though I'm on an SSD. Still having fun so far but it's rough!!

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
game runs fine during everything up to the tree knight, but now it is seriously chugging when i get up in his grill

anything in particular to disable for a performance boost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

deep dish peat moss posted:

One hour in so it's way too early to say for sure but so far I am... kind of disappointed. Lots of things are great but it was very quick to remind me why I don't like open world games - maybe I bought into the hype about how much there was to explore and discover a bit too much but there's really not very much to find.

maaannnn i hope i don't feel the same way.

altho the thing that bugs me most about open world games is tons and tons of filler content and that doesn't seem the case here?