Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Oh cool, Dares rank didn't reset. Maybe I'll get that catalyst eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

The season is supposed to last 3 months and it’s been 3 days

Whatcha mean? Did you run out of stuff to do?

BlindSite posted:

The rapid fire frame fusion can roll with firmly planted and the warm up perk which makes it charge faster after a kill. You can almost use it as an anti shotgun when that happens. It's worth crafting one and levelling it when killing trash mobs. When it hits level 10 you can re-frame it to be basically a god roll.

Also I was doing the quest for the grenade launcher last night but it seems I need deepsight level 3 to continue to find the platforms for one of the runes? None of the guides online mention needing tier 3 deepsight but it seems you do? I found the right spot to get the platforms to appear but it won't let me activate it. I guess I can spend a few more hours grinding that rep but gently caress me if that's the case that's annoying as poo poo?

I don't even have Deepsight level 2 and I got the new exotics. Which part or which runes or whatever? There was one weird step where you had to shoot three braziers to light them up, like something out of Legend of Zelda

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Whatcha mean? Did you run out of stuff to do?

I don't even have Deepsight level 2 and I got the new exotics. Which part or which runes or whatever? There was one weird step where you had to shoot three braziers to light them up, like something out of Legend of Zelda

hmmm yeah that bit to get the platforms to spawn - unless maybe I went to the wrong spot? I'll check out another vid today I guess.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It depends on if, in your previous life, you were big and strong (titan), nimble and lithe (hunter), or wearing a dress died of autoerotic asphyxiation (warlock)
Fixed. My wife just made a new warlock and is running through new light. They actually added a bunch of new stuff that explains the new void stuff and specifically mentions 'taking back the light' in the new void quest.

Every time I try to explain something to her it just opens up about ten new questions.

E: oh, and the part I meant to reply to - IIRC it very much treats it as 'i have raised you, oh look you have these powers' which means ghost is surprised as your guardian to find out whoch powers you have.

Also arc and solar are locked lol.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 25, 2022

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Lol at the Titan shield throw tracking. There will be 3 grouped hive and it bonks one then just flies off into the sky.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

harrygomm posted:

from the martian missives lore you get when beating the campaign
anyone else notice the number 8 is misused in some entries? In Eris I, third paragraph valua8le instead of valuable. Ikora II 4th paragraph Cayde-8 instead of Cayde-6. Weird typos maybe? idk

there's also some 3's

Caitl 1: even a respected leader a 3rd chance; with a big space before the 3
Zavala 1: vanguard needs 3 leaders

so something about 8383? or 8s might be all truths or all lies and 3s might be halfs?

e: TWAB is up, not much to it. Charity and a list of known issues

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Feb 25, 2022

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The new Hakke kinetic aggressive shotgun, Ragnhild, uniquely has 16 zoom while every other shotgun in the game has 12. Maybe it's a display error (like Matador's 80 Impact), but it appears that Ragnhild has overwhelmingly better OHK performance than even the most godly rolled Timelost Found Verdict

I tested it and it does in fact have 16 zoom in game. Between that and the fact it's an aggressive that can get 100 handling this thing will be Felwinters 2.0 until they nerf zoom.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
If you, like me, thought Fynch sounded familiar but couldn't quite place it:

https://twitter.com/keltomgamer/status/1496965768650674186?s=20&t=iFVc91cCaxSskzXZPja4Nw

His VA was Goku and Master Roshi!

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Oof WQ campaign nuked all the exotic engrams I had saved up..

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

slow_twitch posted:

Oof WQ campaign nuked all the exotic engrams I had saved up..

F's in the chat

At least you'll get one of em for doing the Legendary Campaign! Hopefully you're a hunter and only want one of those exotics anyway?

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.
That last mission is loving INTENSE on legendary.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

That post story stinger is 10/10 fantastic.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

That post story stinger is 10/10 fantastic.

Yeah not sure I get the complaints about The Witness’s character design, he looks pretty cool to me. Maybe it’s just the eyes.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
So in the fight in Chapter 2 against the warden there's a ledge you can hop up onto that none of the melee enemies can reach you at. From there it's just a matter of peeking around the edge with a rocket launcher and hitting the dude in the dick, then dropping a grenade off the edge to deal with the captains that sit under you pelting you with bouncing void shots. Made that fight a cakewalk.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah not sure I get the complaints about The Witness’s character design, he looks pretty cool to me. Maybe it’s just the eyes.

Those are precisely what makes the design work, IMO

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Sooooo is there anything in WQ as atmospheric as Whisper of the Worm?

That mission just felt so cool to me. Like being a tiny thing scurrying around a huge inscrutable machine.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pirate Jet posted:

Bust Rodd posted:

Those are precisely what makes the design work, IMO

I know I was hoping for the all powerful darkness champion to be either a little more alien or more horror-y. Which I thought we were getting until they turned around. Like imagine if instead of a normal-ish face their face was a sunken hole like the giants from Dark Souls, or a swirling mass like Eyes of Another World.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Failson posted:

Sooooo is there anything in WQ as atmospheric as Whisper of the Worm?

That mission just felt so cool to me. Like being a tiny thing scurrying around a huge inscrutable machine.

Communion (the 4th mission) came closest to that for me. I loved it.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I know I was hoping for the all powerful darkness champion to be either a little more alien or more horror-y. Which I thought we were getting until they turned around. Like imagine if instead of a normal-ish face their face was a sunken hole like the giants from Dark Souls, or a swirling mass like Eyes of Another World.

His design really clicks with me when I go back to some of the darkness inspired tracks like Unveiled, Salvation and Altar of Reflection

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Y’all really recommend Momentum Control for farming Catalysts? Maybe the raw version Overture is just unusable in Crucible but I just got maybe 5 kills in 3 rounds of Moco. Just an endless cascade of getting mapped whilst sprinting to heavy and basically only ever getting there just in time to immediately die. The charge time for the missile is just a total death sentence in crucible, luckily it actually doesn’t specify crucible kills.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

Y’all really recommend Momentum Control for farming Catalysts? Maybe the raw version Overture is just unusable in Crucible but I just got maybe 5 kills in 3 rounds of Moco. Just an endless cascade of getting mapped whilst sprinting to heavy and basically only ever getting there just in time to immediately die. The charge time for the missile is just a total death sentence in crucible, luckily it actually doesn’t specify crucible kills.

Just do it at Shiro Chi.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Weird, MoCo is my favorite mode and I'm supposed to be terrible at this game

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Is anyone else on PC getting really bad stuttering and frame tearing after playing for an hour or two? Last night I noticed this too -- my first hour or so in game is fine, then suddenly the game starts to chug. Drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, I've got a 3070 so it really shouldn't be hitching anywhere...

Eh, maybe it just means I should turn down the graphics slightly and see if that fixes it. I noticed it last night after finishing a quest and returning to the open world -- I had MASSIVE frame drop suddenly that didn't go away even after shooting to orbit.

On the bright side, I'm going into the last mission I think? The Ritual.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Tensokuu posted:

Is anyone else on PC getting really bad stuttering and frame tearing after playing for an hour or two? Last night I noticed this too -- my first hour or so in game is fine, then suddenly the game starts to chug. Drivers are up to date, Windows is up to date, I've got a 3070 so it really shouldn't be hitching anywhere...

Eh, maybe it just means I should turn down the graphics slightly and see if that fixes it. I noticed it last night after finishing a quest and returning to the open world -- I had MASSIVE frame drop suddenly that didn't go away even after shooting to orbit.

On the bright side, I'm going into the last mission I think? The Ritual.

People think there's a memory leak after awhile but idk. Changing graphics won't help. It's just bad.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bust Rodd posted:

I accidentally got the kill part of the catalyst quest just playing Gambit today. You charge up the missiles by just punking yellow bars with the regular fire then you only need 2 missiles instantly pop an invader when they come. It's insanely good for Gambit imo.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

the eyes gave me a noticeable uncanny valley feeling, which I expect is by design

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Bust Rodd posted:

MoCo is for primary catalysts that specify crucible kills like Jade Rabbit or Vigilance Wing. For anything else go to Shuro Chi or Altars of Sorrow. Carry a primary exotic you also need catalyst progress on; you can switch to it if you run out of purple ammo so you can A. get progress on that cata too and B. get more purple bricks.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

They should have MoCo as a permanent mode for those of us who don't like pvp.

E: Although they need to change the "abilities only regen on kills" to "abilities partially regen on each death"

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Collateral Damage posted:

They should have MoCo as a permanent mode for those of us who don't like pvp.
Even better, just take the PvP off quests for those of us who really don't like it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

ChaosReaper posted:

My only problem with the legendary campaign is just the no revives part. Like I could get behind having a limited number but 0 when solo is just tough. Even just having one per when I was duoing was crazy and we've still got the last 3 missions left which seem to get even harder. This isn't to say make it easier cause the challenge is great. Just maybe give like one more revive per person and like 2 when solo.
I feel the legendary campaign scales weirdly with fireteam size. It's "easy" solo, challenging with two and hard as balls with three.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The thing with a solo revive in Legendary is that what would end up happening is you would die completely surrounded by all the bullshit that killed you, and you would respawn and just immediately die again. The revive would literally only make a difference when soloing a single boss or vehicle enemy, if there was any trash at all you would just eat poo poo instantly.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Collateral Damage posted:

I feel the legendary campaign scales weirdly with fireteam size. It's "easy" solo, challenging with two and hard as balls with three.
There was something buried in a pre-WQ TWAB about how they wanted to make the difference between solo / multi a little more fair, so enemy health / damage scales off how many people are in your fireteam.

TWAB 10th Feb posted:

THE MIGHTY ARE FORGED IN BATTLE, BUT IS IT THAT WAY FOR SOLO PLAYERS TOO?
We've had a lot of aspirational content in the past, but Legendary gives us a chance to give solo players more equal footing with those that opt into playing with a fireteam. Enemy damage and health scales to match your fireteam, though it won't be 1:1 - because triple the boss health isn't fun. Even still, it will be enough to keep even a veteran trio on their ornamented toes.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

PERMACAV 50 posted:

MoCo is for primary catalysts that specify crucible kills like Jade Rabbit or Vigilance Wing. For anything else go to Shuro Chi or Altars of Sorrow. Carry a primary exotic you also need catalyst progress on; you can switch to it if you run out of purple ammo so you can A. get progress on that cata too and B. get more purple bricks.

Yeah MoCo is good if Crucible/Guardian kills are specified in the catalyst. If it's just generic kills then PvE is far superior for that

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I haven't had a ton of time to play but finished the legendary campaign yesterday. That was 100% loving fantastic.

Crafting appears to be every bit as garbage as I had feared. Let's hope it feels better once the initial unlock loop is done. From the people who brought you mindless shuro chi grinding for exotic catalysts, how about constant mindless shuro chi grinding with a bunch of crappy legendary guns forever?

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

While I haven't finished the final boss of the expansion, solo Legendary has been a good feeling the whole way through. Oddly enough, I kept hearing people hit a wall on the Baron Captain in the dark and I think I only needed like 3 attempts to take him out. Because I didn't have a hard time with him, I kept thinking people were talking about a more difficult upcoming fight.

I actually think I had more wipes on the sparrow section after the Ahamkara than almost anything else in the legendary campaign. I think I had something like 30 deaths there, no clue why that was a wall for me for like 25 minutes last night.

I did have to go back to Captain America shield for dealing with the Wizard boss though. Found that I needed to be way more aggressive in that arena or else I'd just get overwhelmed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Elerion posted:

I haven't had a ton of time to play but finished the legendary campaign yesterday. That was 100% loving fantastic.

Crafting appears to be every bit as garbage as I had feared. Let's hope it feels better once the initial unlock loop is done. From the people who brought you mindless shuro chi grinding for exotic catalysts, how about constant mindless shuro chi grinding with a bunch of crappy legendary guns forever?

So... don't grind shuro chi? Equip deepsight guns whenever you're doing basic easy content that doesn't need a perfectly tuned loadout, which is most of the game

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Ive been doing the PsyOps event and just switching to the weapons with deepsight ressonance after I kill the boss, they go really fast

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Do you have to do the entire WQ campaign on one sitting? I've haven't been able to play much but every time do so far, I've had to start back at the beginning.

Also, how much of the story do the f2p players get? I was surprised my buddy was able to start it, but I'm not sure how long that party will last. We got up to the first Hive dude with a ghost.

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 28, 2022

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Do you have to do the entire WQ campaign on one sitting? I've haven't been able to play much but every time do far I've had to stay at the beginning.

nope, you also even get checkpoints (like in dungeons and raids), really good if you're stuck in a hard fight in the Legendary Campaign

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The only thing that makes crafting feel bad for me is how long it takes to level up crafted weapons to be able to put the good perks on them, though that also means I haven’t been able to get anything past level ten yet so maybe the costs for those good perks will also feel terrible.