Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Please call me Steve.

People call him Steve.

lol, owned! What a prank.

"I'm Steve."

"Go away Steve."

"Joke's on them, I was only pretending to be Steve."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Invisible Clergy posted:

Good to know. Would be nice if there was some kind of regulation passed that they have to be biodegradable since people are just going to flush them down the toilet anyway, like how modern toilets can only flush x gallons to save water, but that kind of thing doesn't happen anymore.

Of loving course they did. Now we'll never learn the hilarious ways OP's situation somehow gets worse. These drat reddit mods.

AITA for firing a sick employee?

Cool tropical skittles anus. What is that thing?

Grand Prismatic Spring in Yellowstone National Park, it looks like

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITAH for kicking the kids out of my house?

quote:

To start they are not my kids, they are my ex boyfriends. The girls are 13 and 11. I met their dad “Ken” 4 years ago online. At the time I had just bought my first home. A pretty large home for one person in a great area. On our first date I told him that I had my own home. He was living with his sister on the couch. His kids were living with their great grandparents, their mom was in and out of jail for drugs and other things.

I will admit I felt sad about their situation. And I really liked him so after only 2 dates he and the kids moved in. I NEVER wanted kids but I was forced to take on a parenting role because he never did. I bought the kids clothes, cooked meals and took them to school. Meanwhile Ken quit his job to do his “music”. He took over my basement, something that I wanted to use as a gym, and made it his music studio. I paid for everything. I was living a life that I hated. The girls were not perfect either. They saw me as a maid and were heavily influenced by their classmates(in their previous neighborhood they lived in a poor area and their school wasn’t great. Once they moved in with me they enrolled in a “rich” school and told everyone that they were rich as well)

Anyway last month I came home early to see my boyfriend in my bed with some girl. I immediately kicked him out. I found out that they have been together for almost a year and he’s been buying her gifts with MY money. I’m not sure where he went but I called my friend and she and I packed up his stuff ( that I bought)and threw it in the front yard. I called the girls aunt and told her to pick them up because I was done with Ken. After explaining the situation she said “well the kids have to stay there that’s their home” I said no and that she could collect them and their things. She refused. Ken also refused, he said that the home was their home and they have the right to live there. I let the girls sleep there and in the morning I called CPS saying that they were abandoned. I allowed the girls to take anything from their rooms and when they left I got the locks changed and told the guard in the community not to allow them in. Ken and his family are calling me an rear end in a top hat since “adult situations shouldn’t effect kids”. Some of my friends think I’m an rear end in a top hat because the kids lost their way of life. I know that the girls loved their schools, friends, and the home. But I don’t understand how I have to provide it for them. In four years their dad has only brought in 20k which he spent on God knows what. Ken is trying to sue me for child support even though I never had a legal responsibility. He did that so he could continue getting money from the government. Everyone is saying I should let the girls finish the school year at least but I refused. AITAH in this situation?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mx. posted:

AITAH for kicking the kids out of my house?

I hate saying poo poo like this because I feel like I'm victim blaming, but why the hell would you let him and your kids move into your house after two dates

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I hate saying poo poo like this because I feel like I'm victim blaming, but why the hell would you let him and your kids move into your house after two dates

remarkably poor judgment

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Please call me Steve.

People call him Steve.

lol, owned! What a prank.

Honestly if all pranks were so benign, the world would be better for it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Nebrilos posted:

That sound like a good strategy, but what do you do if they say

or

What can you even say to someone like the sister who will observe you calmly, politely asking "please explain the joke?" and say you were "screaming" and you have "anger management issues"?

You remember they're insecure, immature dipshits fishing for a reaction to get attention. A target staying stoic & calm is their kryptonite.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I(31M) have been intentionally avoiding my gf(53F) this week and I feel amazing. Is this a sign?

The actual text on this one isn't particularly interesting, but I thought the title question was funny and pretty much answers itself :ms:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for bringing my entire family to the restaurant where my girlfriend was working as a server in order to meet her?

quote:

I (24m) have been dating my girlfriend (26f) for several months. She works as a server at a local, popular restaurant.

My family has been for a few weeks now asking to meet her. I have two older sisters (31 and 27) as well as three nieces and mother and father who are both in their late fifties. My girlfriend doesn't have a good relationship with her own parents and has expressed envy over me having a good relationship with mine. I've asked her a few times to come with me to meet my family but she's always had an excuse why she couldn't.

So, anyway, last weekend I brought my whole family (my parents as well as my sisters and their husbands and their kids) to her restaurant. I requested a table in her section. When she saw us I could tell that she was taken aback but she did her job well and even took the time to talk to us all and get to know my parents, sisters, brothers-in-law, and nieces as well as she could while still doing her job and taking care of her other customers. Upon leaving my entire family expressed that they really liked her, that I was lucky, and that they were glad to have met her. They also left her a HUGE tip. I thought the whole thing was fine.

However, after she got off her shift my girlfriend texted me and said "Thanks a lot, you jackass." I called her and she went off on me about how I shouldn't have blindsided her by bringing my whole family and how she should have had the chance to meet my family on her terms. I responded that she didn't seem to want to meet my family whenever I brought it up so that if it were to ever happen this was the way I'd figured out. But she said that what I did was wrong and that she had to give my family special attention at the expense of her other tables, which I think wasn't true.

Maybe I shouldn't have sprung my whole family on her in the way I did. But it went well, and I am kind of annoyed that she can't see that.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Seth Pecksniff posted:

And let them stay for four loving years!!!!!!!!!!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for bringing my entire family to the restaurant where my girlfriend was working as a server in order to meet her?

"You didn't want to meet them so I decided to force you to meet them in a situation where you at work, in customer service, and required to serve them. This is very logical and smart of me."

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Yeah, I feel bad for the kids because every adult involved is a complete idiot. I'm sure idiot boyfriend's family were relieved that he found a doormat to pay his way and babysit his kids while he hosed around (in every sense of the phrase) for years.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
AITA for giving away my ex-husbands dog?

quote:

Married for two years, have been together for three. We have an almost 1y/o son together. We bought the dog together but it was entirely my ex’s responsibility if that makes sense. He does all the work, we jointly paid for her.

Four months ago my ex disappeared for 45 days without any warning. He travels for work (he’s a journalist) so it’s not uncommon to see him leave for a week or so here or there, but never for this long and never without notice. He was unreachable the entire time.

He returned home as if little had happened. He, without notifying me, left the country and flew to Italy for work. He claims his cellphone was stolen en route to the aeroport. He worked for three days and decided to just stay there and bicycle across the entirety of Italy: he took a vacation basically. I thought he was a missing person or worse, dead.

We’ve separated and will be getting divorced. He’s not welcome back home. While he was gone, on week 2, I gave his dog away to a stranger. I did all the background checks and all that, but it did go to a stranger. I don’t like dogs, don’t have time to care for any pets, and it wasn’t my responsibility, so I gave her away to people who could better take care of her.

My ex is livid but I don’t care. Was ITAH

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I probably would have tried to find some family of the husband to take the dog in if possible. But no, NTA.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dramatika posted:

:eyepop: Talk about burying the lede

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Dramatika posted:

The comments on this one rightly point out that she doesn't give any information on trying to figure out what the gently caress happened to her husband. Though I'm guessing she had already checked out of the relationship prior to this and literally did not care that her husband dropped off the face of the earth for six weeks.

But by the same token he didn't care enough about his wife or his dog to reach out for Six Weeks.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

How do I get my girlfriend to stop wearing her nose ring before sex solely because she knows how much I like it?

quote:

Days like me make me so glad my SO doesn’t give a poo poo about Reddit. 27M 30F, been together about 2 years.

So a couple years ago my girlfriend got her septum pierced. She absolutely loved it, and I wanted to support her, so I told her it looked great. It wasn’t my thing, but I acted like it was gorgeous because it was obviously her thing. I kept this up through the year that she wore it because she really, really liked it at the time. And hey, her body her choice.

Over time her interest waned, and she started wearing it less and less until eventually not at all. She no longer wears the nose ring. Except when we’re about to have sex. If it’s something semi-planned like after getting home from a nice dinner, she’ll put it on after we get home as she’s undressing. If it’s spontaneous, she’ll sometimes pause to put it on. Every time she says it’s because she knows how much I like it. The truth is, I don’t really like it. At all. I love the person wearing the ring very much. But the ring itself? Could probably do without.

I can’t tell her this. I can’t imagine how awful she would feel. But there must be a way.

I’ve managed to cut down on the spontaneous occurrences by telling her that I can’t wait any longer and to just skip it. But when she takes some time to get ready? Near-100%.

TLDR : I wanted to support my girlfriend when she got her septum pierced, so I told her that it looked great for a year. She stopped wearing it over time, but because she thinks I like it so much, she always puts it on for sex. She tells me it’s because she knows how much I like it. The truth is I don’t, but I obviously can’t tell her this directly. I’ll sometimes tell her I can’t wait for her to put it on if it’s spontaneous, but she’ll always wear it if she has time to get ready beforehand.

Peanut Butter
Nov 7, 2011

Wee mannie

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How do I get my girlfriend to stop wearing her nose ring before sex solely because she knows how much I like it?

That tl;dr is almost as long as the actual post

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
AITA for kicking MIL out after her actions affected my (27F) pregnancy?

quote:

MIL and I have a very tumultuous relationship. Before I conceived, she used to always scrutinise me about being infertile and indirectly blamed my two miscarriages on me. So with that I am less inclined to mingle with her.

I am now 6 months into 3rd pregnancy , with my rainbow baby and so far it has been going great (we have never made it this far so yay). I have requested to my husband that I'd rather it be just the both of us for the remainder of my pregnancy and once the child is born we can meet with his family. However my husband eventually won the discourse and I gave in.

However, it has been living hell ever since MIL has arrived. MIL has been asking me to do odd jobs like foot massages on her or make her heavy meals that require a lot of preparation, because according to her it is a good "form of exercise". It has become super difficult to do this with my health issues including my back aches.

This is the part that broke the limit for me, MIL is a huge believer of traditional medicine. She has been constantly urging me to minimize my prenatal vitamins and attributing it to the reason why I miscarried. A week ago I walk in on MIL trying to make herbal tea for me ( ( I don't drink herbal tea). She encourages me to drink it, I refuse at first but I did not want to start another whole feud so I end up consuming it. For those wondering it just tasted like a bitter black tea. An hour later I start having the worst headache and nausea of my life. Now I have experienced normal morning sickness but this was nothing like that.

After having a severe bought of vomiting I phone my husband , and I immediately book a taxi to bring me to the hospital. I felt like I was about to pass out.I go to the hospital and they find out my blood pressure is higher than normal. I get admitted and put on the drip with my blood pressure monitored. I started crying over horrible anxiety, thinking I was going to lose another baby. Thankfully, my baby girl was alright and my blood pressure eventually stabilised.

I still had to stay for the day to be monitored and was feeling exhausted from the dehydration. The doctors mentioned it was food poisoning. Husband recieves me at the hospital and I tell him the whole story, I give him an ultimatum that either he calls out MIL and asks her to leave or I will go back and stay with my parents for the rest of the pregnancy. Amidst all the frustration, he raged at MIL and she had to be flown back.

Since this day MIL has been berating me non-stop for instigating an argument between her and my husband and that I blew this out of proportion. She has also claimed that I was "faking it" to try and keep granddaughter away from her.I also feel guilty and husband is not talking with her much after this. That was not my intention.

Update

quote:

CW: Mentions of pregnancy loss

Hi everyone , I am new here and really happy that I found the existence of this sub to feel less alome. Recently I had a post up on AITA , where many people told me that MIL had malicious intentions which at first I was too gullible to believe with the advice of the kind people there I went to find out the reality of her motives and now I am extremely shocked.

I am not sure how to link my AITA post as it got removed due to insinuations of pregnancy loss, but original entry .

In case the link does not work I will leave summary in comments!

Now after the advice from people in AITA I received , I have been trying to contact MIL's sister who resides in Sri Lanka. MIL's sister and I are much more closer. I call up MIL's sister asking her if she knows anything about herbal mix I was given. MIL's sister mentions she is the one who helped import herbal mix to MIL before she came to see me. We live in the states by the way.

MIL's sister mentions that she helped her import the herbal mix from an ayurveda centre because MIL was complaining of headaches and skin rashes. Which means the herbal mix was for HER rather than ME. I found out that I had not been mentioned once in this conversation with her sister and that the herbal tea does not cure fibroids and gastric issues as it was originally stated by MIL. I was very confused as to why MIL would gave me herbal mix meant for skin rashes when I don't have any existing skin conditions.

I tell MIL's sister about the whole fiasco and how I drank the tea and aunty starts getting livid. She tells me that manora mal ( a native flower that grows in Sri Lanka) and juniper powder are active ingredients and that pregnant women by no means are supposed to take it. In our birth country(Sri Lanka) there are people who turn to these ways to absolve pregnancies as our country has restrictive abortion laws.

As soon as I heard it , I was acting hysterically because I thought baby was going to have issues during birth . I think I left my gynae like 4 missed calls before she actually picked up and then I relayed my concerns to her. Gynae mentions that fetal abnormalities did not show up in the emergency room ultrasound I was given , however if I had taken the herbal mix in the first trimester it could have led to miscarriage or I had taken anymore it could have led to early induced labour. Gynae asked me to come down for a detailed check-up later this week just in case. Gyane has also asked me to be more cautious next time as certain ayurveda herbs have high lead content which could have led to fetal defects.

I am really heartbroken , I have miscarried two times in the past. I have never made it to 6 months till this pregnancy and I don't know why MIL would do this. I have explained this to my husband and he is equally despondent. We are contemplating on sending her back to Sri Lanka and limiting all contact. How can someone be so vile enough to do this? A part of me still does not know if this is accidental or deliberate. I have talked with a few moms from my miscarriage support group and they are urging me to file a police report. I need advice on whether or not I should file a report or simply deport her back. Personally I find it a bit cruel to file a report but regardless I would like to get an alternative opinion. Thank you to everyone who helps.

Thank you to everyone who has been replying, I am reading all your opinions , currently resting a bit, but please know that I appreciate and take all your feedback seriously. Thank you I dont know how to repay all of you , much love❤

artsy fartsy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Feb 25, 2022

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I mean, she just got tired of it, you can just say that too rather than being a dick and saying you never liked it.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I like this one, harmless but weird

AITA for eating with disposable gloves at a restaurant???

quote:

I (27F) always wear disposable gloves whenever i eat in restaurants or when i'm at somebody else's house.

My reasoning is at restaurants they don't usually have soap or sanitizer atleast to clean hands after eating. And i quite hate having my hands dirty outside my home.

I recently started using disposable gloves when i went to a specific restaurant with friends and they gave us a box of disposable gloves in case if we want to use our hands while eating. And i was thinking about it and i was like "wooow how did i not think about that?" So i started doing that ever since then.

When i go to somebody's house it depends but i don't really like using other people's bathroom (please don't hate) and i only do it if it's emergency. My friends don't really mind and find it interesting.

Today i went to a restaurant i really wanted to go for awhile and had my food there with ofc dispoable gloves and some people were looking and some people didn't bother so i don't really mind. However this lady came up to me and told me i look ridiculous using a disposable gloves and i should stop using that because it bothers her. Her table is near me and she is be able to look at my table. I told her if she's uncomfortable with it then there's alot of tables that she can choose from to prevent her eyes from seeing me.

She said she doesn't have to change tables for me, and i said i don't have to remove my disposable golves for her. She called me a freak abnormal and walked away.

I've been thinking about this incident and i've been wondering if she was right and i'm wrong???

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
AITA for being angry at my friends over jokes they made in an airport?

quote:

Hey, I’m 27M, and I recently went on a research trip with fellow grad students/lab assistants to the US - flying internationally, then taking one domestic flight. We’re all from the UK, and the others are either around my age or slightly older. There were around 6 of us, mixed gender group, lets call the relevant boys Tom and Jim.

Not a “race post”, but it is relevant - I am a South Asian guy. I’m not a practicing Muslim but my father’s side of the family is, and I have a Muslim surname and a “South Asian sounding” first name. Using celebrity names for reference - think Amir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan. I look my race, have facial hair, you get the picture. The rest of the people in the group were assorted white-European, mainly British and Jim is Slovak.

Once we landed in the US we had hours to kill before the domestic leg of the flight, so decided to hang around in the airport. Jim and Tom started to play the oh so entertaining game of “Penis!” - exactly as it sounds, you say that word in turns louder and louder, sort of like a dare. Which isn’t even very funny outside of an airport, let alone now IN one and them replacing the word penis with “bomb!!!”

I know I should not have risen to the bait but I was starting to get really stressed as people kept looking over at our group. I wasn’t even playing but they were looking at me instead of Jim and Tom. So I quietly asked if they’d stop, or at least replace the word. They started laughing at me and kept the joke up ALL the way through the loving gates, and through the second security check, when Jim starts laughing and saying “OP’s got a dangerous weapon in his trousers” to the guard (Idk if it’s TSA? Not American). Lo and behold, I’m taken to the side and searched and questioned. Nothing to serious or traumatising at all, just a short but intense process - even though Jim and co walked through. Again, I’m used to being full-searched “randomly”, but not because of other peoples actions.

They got bored of the joke after a while, but when we all got to our hotel, I blew up at them and told them it really sucked, and that it was rich they were all members of our uni’s decolonisation panel (think like, a diversity panel) if this is how they behave. Jim and Tom got really aggressive back, and Jim told me I was exaggerating because he too is a foreigner but isn’t all “prudish”. I said I understand he is one, but I’ve heard horror stories about the US and airport-security for AGES, and I told them pre trip about the anxiety. After all, Jim did not get questioned or searched. They all dropped it, but now I’m terrified of flying back with them - J&T keep joking they’re going to do it even more on the way back, and I’m feeling sick and unable to enjoy the trip. The rest of the group subtly agree with them.

AITA and oversensitive? I understand it’s their right to joke, but surely there is a time and place?

EDIT: thank you all so much for your support. To answer some FAQ:

yes trip is uni sponsored, and I hope to report it to our programme leader as we are meant to be making this trip twice more.

i have to fly together with them sadly, but I think I’ll take your advice and go separately till the plane.

a decolonisation working group basically means a panel of sorts that contribute ideas on how to make our department more actively anti-bigotry… so not really “box checking” but consultation on restructuring our field. So yeah, it was shocking that they’d pull this.
Take Tom and Jim on a nice trip to Yellowstone to check out the hot springs. Check them out real close.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Soylent Pudding posted:

Can't wait for her to post...

AITA for not returning my ex-bf's family's giant tip after I dumped him for ambushing me at work with his entire family?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
That lady is totally in the wrong but why doesn't OP carry their own hand sanitizer? That was already not unusual before covid and now it's 100% normalized

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

haveblue posted:

That lady is totally in the wrong but why doesn't OP carry their own hand sanitizer? That was already not unusual before covid and now it's 100% normalized

I was thinking that too. Like pocket sized hand sanitizers are pretty easy to get and usually pretty inexpensive.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Honestly that's pretty funny. I dunno what you say that comes out without you looking like a dick though.

Edit: didn't scroll far enough, this is in reference to the nose piercing.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

haveblue posted:

My hands never actually feel clean after sanitizer - sure, viruses are probably dead, but my hands may still be gross and oily feeling if I was eating a burger or something fried. Sanitizer doesn’t help them feel clean, and a lot of sanitzers actually make them feel sticky. Sanitizer is a nice tool but it’s not a great alternative to actually washing your hands.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for being angry at my friends over jokes they made in an airport?

So a muslim guy with a bunch of white guys who shout "bomb" in an airport and get him searched by angry customs/security people after telling them he has a weapon.

No, I can't see why he would be upset with these paragon of decolonisation.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dramatika posted:

My hands never actually feel clean after sanitizer - sure, viruses are probably dead, but my hands may still be gross and oily feeling if I was eating a burger or something fried. Sanitizer doesn’t help them feel clean, and a lot of sanitzers actually make them feel sticky. Sanitizer is a nice tool but it’s not a great alternative to actually washing your hands.

I get that, but I feel like between sanitizers, handwashing, and disposable gloves, eating food with gloves on kinda feels like it'd be the most annoying option.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I was thinking that too. Like pocket sized hand sanitizers are pretty easy to get and usually pretty inexpensive.

It's better on the hands not to abuse hand sanitizer on them. Plus it's more effective to prevent anything touching the fingers than to try and kill it after.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Hand sanitizer is not the same as washing your hands; chiefly there's no rinsing involved.

Like I'm pretty sensitive about having clean hands as well, and it's not the same. Even sanitizing your hands and wiping them down with a sanitary napkin doesn't keep them from feeling greasy, even if I don't know if it's actually any less efficient.

E:

Captain Hygiene posted:

I get that, but I feel like between sanitizers, handwashing, and disposable gloves, eating food with gloves on kinda feels like it'd be the most annoying option.

Oh for sure, but OP also has reservations about using other people's sinks, and sanitizing doesn't solve their chief issue.

You of all people should understand this.

Zulily Zoetrope fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Feb 25, 2022

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Captain Hygiene posted:

If I was eating something greasy or sticky or just messy, like sauced chicken wings, a smash burger, or boiled crab/shrimp/crawfish, and there was a even a 5 percent chance I couldn’t wash my hands thoroughly afterwords, I’d 100% rather wear gloves, but that’s just me. Hell, pretty much any finger food - I don’t want those food oils getting on my steering wheel or keyboard or anything else I end up touching frequently.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I definitely use disposable gloves when I handle poultry in the kitchen. I also try to when I go grocery shopping, it makes it easier to feel that I've protected my hands, I just throw the gloves in the trash on my way out.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Glove wearing dude is weird, but the private, non offensive kind of weird. Not the rear end in a top hat.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Invisible Clergy posted:

Cool tropical skittles anus. What is that thing?

Morning Glory Pool, a hot spring, at Yellowstone National Park

Kurieg posted:

More or less, yeah. Broadly speaking if it's hot enough to boil it's hot enough for the hydrogen sulfate to evaporate off first meaning that the water will be neutral to basic. If it's not hot enough to boil, it's still pretty damned hot, and all that hydrogen sulfate eventually becomes sulfuric acid. So you get par-broiled first and your remains get dissolved.

This isn't so - the great majority of hot springs at Yellowstone are well below boiling, yet still alkaline. Morning Glory Pool is among these. It actually used to be a lot bluer, hence the name, but it cooled off because visitors kept throwing poo poo into it and clogged some of the vents that kept it hot enough to be blue all the way to the edge. Would be nicer if it were acid after all.

For what it's worth, the geysers are hot enough to boil and are nearly all alkaline.

Winter Stormer fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 25, 2022

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Smirking_Serpent posted:

So a couple years ago my girlfriend got her septum pierced. She absolutely loved it, and I wanted to support her, so I told her it looked great. It wasn’t my thing, but I acted like it was gorgeous because it was obviously her thing. I kept this up through the year that she wore it because she really, really liked it at the time. And hey, her body her choice.

Over time her interest waned, and she started wearing it less and less until eventually not at all. She no longer wears the nose ring. Except when we’re about to have sex. If it’s something semi-planned like after getting home from a nice dinner, she’ll put it on after we get home as she’s undressing. If it’s spontaneous, she’ll sometimes pause to put it on. Every time she says it’s because she knows how much I like it. The truth is, I don’t really like it. At all. I love the person wearing the ring very much. But the ring itself? Could probably do without.

This is why everyone hates moral philosophy professors.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Soylent Pudding posted:

so out of all these people, not one of them said "hey isn't this kind of a lovely thing to do to someone?" hope the gf ditches the entire clan of inconsiderate dumbfucks

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

so out of all these people, not one of them said "hey isn't this kind of a lovely thing to do to someone?" hope the gf ditches the entire clan of inconsiderate dumbfucks

OP probably lied and said his gf said it was okay.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

artsy fartsy posted:

I like this one, harmless but weird

AITA for eating with disposable gloves at a restaurant???

Everyone is missing OP going "restaurants don't usually have soap" which is an insane and incorrect thing to say

Like obviously OP isn't the rear end in a top hat but they're definitely a crazy person.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
OP doesn't trust public washrooms, which, honestly, fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for not helping my sister to remove something that insults her ?

quote:

My sister cheated on her husband .

Her husband is a restaurant owner. He has one of those quirky restaurants with "funny food names ". Its all one liners . I'm not a fan of it because I find it embarrassing but the foods good .

Once the divorce went through he added a menu item along the lines of " Sarah's cheating chicken rear end " . My sisters name is something super generic . I know like 19 Sarah's.

A friend send Sarah the menu and she was outraged. She came to me to ask me to help her take it down . I'm not a lawyer and don't plan to be but I've taken corporate law courses and have friends that are lawyers. But I don't want to help her . In my personal opinion she deserves this and I don't want to get involved . The only ones that would know who this is about , already know the story so there is not really a case for defamation. There are too many Sarah's. The only thing we could do is send a cease and desist letter . But that's not legally binding and it's it's hassle.

I told my sister so and she got mad at me and told our parents, who say that what her ex is doing is worse than what she did .

Aita ?