Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

doesn’t mean much, US SLBMs and ICBMs are already in position to fire and don’t need to drive around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Reik posted:

If the Crimean people wanted to self-govern why were they an independent state for all of 2 days?

why was Texas independent for a few months? means to an end. the Crimean people wanted to bounce and Russia helped make it happen, I’m not really interested in the legal mechanisms of its execution that Russia has to point to at UN summits

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Ukraine should offer to pay for plane tickets to all comers who wish to do battle in Chernobyl, it sounds badass

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

what is this?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yes, Ukraine seems to be going full 'maybe NATO will let us in if we've got dead bodies stacked to the roof' and western media is cheering them on

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Al-Saqr posted:

what is this?

Topol - M

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

what is this?

mobile nuke

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth

Why is there a US flag patch on the backpack? Is he just posting stock photos?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

It's posturing. Making it clear that NATO needs to stay out completely.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Blarghalt posted:

support ukraine and at the same time hope every single member of the Azov Battalion gets thrown into a woodchipper

:hmmyes:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I thought it might be for Topol.
Was the footage from within the Russian Federation?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Snake Dance posted:

he's been constantly full of poo poo so probably

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Torpor posted:

kinda seems like the west is arming right wing hardliners to derail any possible long term peaceful solution

US policy since 1946

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Majorian posted:

It's posturing. Making it clear that NATO needs to stay out completely.

it’s less than that since gently caress loads of nuclear weapons are now and have always been in position to fire at like 15 minutes notice.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

I thought it might be for Topol.
Was the footage from within the Russian Federation?

Apparently yeah.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this would all be over if putin were into 90s pop rock :smith:

https://twitter.com/CAKEMUSIC/status/1497274154638143489

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
WELCOME TO HELL MOTHERFUCKERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-SmfybCbsY

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Torpor posted:

it’s less than that since gently caress loads of nuclear weapons are now and have always been in position to fire at like 15 minutes notice.

probably just repositioning the battery, i mean that is the whole point of mobile icbms

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Haven't seen the American libs this bloodthirsty since Iraq, can't wait to see what genocide plans they're drawing up at this moment

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Speedrunning Gladio

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

sexpig by night posted:

yes, Ukraine seems to be going full 'maybe NATO will let us in if we've got dead bodies stacked to the roof' and western media is cheering them on

It’s insane.

The Russian campaign was fought to prevent this by isolating the UKR Army from Kiev. They did a very good job of that too, which means there is no need for a battle there, the bulk of the Ukrainian Army is cut off.

The war has limited goals. Why this sudden turn to Götterdämmerung? Is it to strengthen their bargaining position for peace talks, or are they really intending to have their people and nation destroyed rather than sign Minsk?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

indigi posted:

why was Texas independent for a few months? means to an end. the Crimean people wanted to bounce and Russia helped make it happen, I’m not really interested in the legal mechanisms of its execution that Russia has to point to at UN summits

What about the people in Crimea that didn't want to bounce?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Torpor posted:

Eh, but moving them around reminds NATO that they're there.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

prices at the pump prices at the pump prices at the pump prices at the pump prices at the pump prices at the pump prices at the pump pr

PAIN AT THE PUMP

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Zelensky has been signaling that he's open to a negotiated peace, so if Russia believes (and cares) that Ukraine will fight to the last man they may be willing to accept something less than unconditional surrender. That's the only real reason I can see to it, so I hope it's just posturing.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
measuring 10,000 km out on google maps from ukraine... well poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Reik posted:

What about the people in Crimea that didn't want to bounce?

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Sounds like Russia and the separatists really want Mariupol:

https://twitter.com/canal3guerra/status/1497298108543377410

https://twitter.com/MundoEConflicto/status/1497287391937245184

https://twitter.com/no_itsmyturn/status/1497296152001191943

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

out of all the governments in the world, the chinese seem to be the only ones actually trying to improve life for their citizens rather than exclusively divert public funds to billionaires while only really battling the public perception it generates. I guess there south and central American nations doing it as well but they're not great powers.

comparatively, china is better than any other great powers

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s insane.

The Russian campaign was fought to prevent this by isolating the UKR Army from Kiev. They did a very good job of that too, which means there is no need for a battle there, the bulk of the Ukrainian Army is cut off.

The war has limited goals. Why this sudden turn to Götterdämmerung? Is it to strengthen their bargaining position for peace talks, or are they really intending to have their people and nation destroyed rather than sign Minsk?

it’s because they think if Americans and Europeans see piles of thousands of dead bodies on the street they’ll pressure their governments to intervene which as we all seen in Syria didn’t count for poo poo. at the end of the day western interests are western interests and human rights and civilians can go gently caress themselves. a single midwestern voter being pained by the pump is more important than a thousand crucified ukranians.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol not what I was expecting

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Majorian posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1497189957395488778
lmfao this dumb piece of poo poo is one of the main reasons for this war in the first place, gently caress him

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I really, really don't understand all of the people who are just happily driving next to or through all of these convoys. That just seems like a good way to make the civilian casualties number go up

e: I didn't really think that video through when I posted this but yeah, in this case it's in Russia, but in general with all of the other videos out there I'm still feeling that clout chasing is a disease

TeenageArchipelago has issued a correction as of 21:02 on Feb 25, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

leftism is getting yourself and your neighbor pointlessly turned into pink mist

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

the holy poopacy posted:

Zelensky has been signaling that he's open to a negotiated peace, so if Russia believes (and cares) that Ukraine will fight to the last man they may be willing to accept something less than unconditional surrender. That's the only real reason I can see to it, so I hope it's just posturing.

I was thinking the same thing, but the Russians never demanded unconditional surrender.

The west cheering this on is stupid and dangerous for the same reason cheering Zelensky on previously was. Grozny and Aleppo didn’t join NATO, so however much you’re celebrated, nothing will materially change from this course of action.

Idk, hopefully the Russians encircle, bypass and race to the Polish border, and knock out any organized military before having to consider an action against the armed mob. On the other hand, why give them time to dig in? Maybe they can force the city?

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook

Snake Dance posted:

I don't know :iiam:

Maybe it came kitted that way.

Maybe it's Velcro.

Maybe it is a stock photo because it's hard to get that close to a weapons drop.

Maybe it's a stock photo and the whole thing is a giant propagandistic lie!!!???

Idk, Forbes and a bunch of other sources are reporting the same thing.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I really, really don't understand all of the people who are just happily driving next to or through all of these convoys. That just seems like a good way to make the civilian casualties number go up

This was in Russia, right?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fanfic insert posted:

out of all the governments in the world, the chinese seem to be the only ones actually trying to improve life for their citizens rather than exclusively divert public funds to billionaires while only really battling the public perception it generates. I guess there south and central American nations doing it as well but they're not great powers.

comparatively, china is better than any other great powers

if the team you're rooting for is "continued survival of the human race through the crises of the 21st century," China is both your best bet and a massive longshot

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gotta get to work!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

the road mobile icbms are based in tver, hundreds of miles away from the border