Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4uepKradNE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Digital Jedi posted:

- Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar's contract signing is main eventing.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

BrigadierSensible posted:

If that's true, why are they making her work at all? That sounds like a painful debilitating injury.

I mean, with all respect to Ms. Blackheart, she is not so important that they NEED her on TV. So surely she can rest up/get looked at by a doctor. And surely she can say "I need to see the doctor, coz I can't put weight on my feet in the morning."

But stuff like this is part of the intangible wrongness around WWE culture. The "I don't care how much pain I am in, I have to throw myself at the ground in a meaningless match on TV otherwise a senile racist might think less of me." culture.

Sounds like a good way to have someone Take Your Spot

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Kunabomber posted:

if they bring back the heavyweight belt, i would 100% be in favor for unifying the titles

but we know that's not gonna happen

So will Triple H get the WHC again without doing anything?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1497404317086662657?s=21

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Just hurled that chair at that guy
https://i.imgur.com/1xufqUZ.mp4

Brock rules

Clipped just the whole ending segment
https://streamable.com/1u4mjv

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

are they really building Corbin and Drew for Mania

lol

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Kinda hoping Shotzi's match actually is diva's length cause she said her lower back is so injured now she cant put weight on her feet in the morning when she wakes up.

Guess the rumors that they read the forums are true

F4W recap posted:

Sasha Banks defeated Shotzi (2:13)

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

quote:

POST Wrestling can confirm that Vince McMahon is expected to launch a program with Pat McAfee, which will include WrestleMania 38.

Multiple sources informed us that McAfee was set for something on the show involving McMahon.

When speaking with a source with knowledge of the situation and whether it will be billed as an official match on the WrestleMania card, we were told “most likely.”

https://www.postwrestling.com/2022/02/25/significant-program-planned-for-wrestlemania-38/

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Brock gassing from doing his own intro.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Brock does rule. His last contract signing with Roman... during another different wrestlemania build.... where he was also against Roman.... and not for the first time either... involved him throwing an entire table at Roman.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

is it to announce that he's somehow de-aged twenty years

when the gently caress is that image from

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Say this without inhaling deeply first

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

maruhkati posted:

People demanded a new brand split in 2016 and used many of the same arguments as are now being used for getting rid of it. Maybe WWE are just bad at this no matter how their roster is set up?

(Though just from an aesthetic standpoint, the brand split has never made much sense to me).

When they do the brand split, each roster is limited and they end up repeating the same match each week.

Without the brand split, they have no restraints and get lazy and do 50/50 booking of the same matches on Smackdown.

There is no winning as a fan.

If they restricted each wrestler to one show or the other it would be fine. But you know that they wont.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jackie D posted:

We know the contract details of every player in a major sport, it would be good for wrestlers to have their salaries made public but, as always, wrestlers are very dumb

So sometimes those player contracts in other sports are estimated. Like in the NBA some teams don't release their specific contract details. Because of the way the salary is structured, you can make pretty good guesses, but it's not unusual for these contracts to have incentives or options that end up changing the final amount of that contract quite a bit, even if they don't change the cap number.

Your point is good, I'm just pedantic about this.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blaise330 posted:

quote:

Adam Pearce was already in the ring with security for the singing. Reigns demanded that Hershey acknowledge him. The fans gave him a mixed response. Heyman called Reigns vs. Lesnar the biggest match in WrestleMania history.

Heyman said it's bigger than Hulk Hogan vs. Andre The Giant, Steve Austin vs. The Rock, and the night he ended the Undertaker's streak. Heyman even gave credit to Lesnar for helping end Undertaker's streak.

lol

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Blaise330 posted:

Brock does rule. His last contract signing with Roman... during another different wrestlemania build.... where he was also against Roman.... and not for the first time either... involved him throwing an entire table at Roman.

The way he just smokes that dude with the office chair is amazing.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

This is funnier to me because I had a dog named Hershey growing up.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://i.imgur.com/GyFynJJ.gifv

When you accidentally hit the ki charge button on Tekken

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

all this needs is kevin owens shoulderblocking her from out of nowhere and then mocking her dance

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

If that's true, why are they making her work at all? That sounds like a painful debilitating injury.

I mean, with all respect to Ms. Blackheart, she is not so important that they NEED her on TV. So surely she can rest up/get looked at by a doctor. And surely she can say "I need to see the doctor, coz I can't put weight on my feet in the morning."

But stuff like this is part of the intangible wrongness around WWE culture. The "I don't care how much pain I am in, I have to throw myself at the ground in a meaningless match on TV otherwise a senile racist might think less of me." culture.

Is it specifically WWE culture, or wrestling culture in general? I'm thinking here of Kenny Omega working for a year with vertigo attacks and his shoulders basically hanging on by a single thread.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
Kenny was World Champion and an EVP for a company he helped start. Shotzi has no reason to put herself through that other than fear of being fired

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wrestlers are dumb as rocks and will keep wrestling till their body falls apart because when they leave they’re afraid nobody will care about them anymore. Gotta grind those paychecks.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Blaise330 posted:

There shouldn't be a hyphen in "all time" in this image!!!! This will be the mistake that finally takes down the WWF

Also I thought Roman's promo in that Brock destroying security segment was neat. Feel like the character has stagnated bad ever since he got the second Uso on his side, but I guess they can let him do interesting stuff again now that he's having one of the two matches he could plausibly lose

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/ItsBradShepard/status/1495473433123164162

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The biggest Wrestlemania match of all time was Big Show-Akebono :colbert:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I really hope the Vince match is real and happens because it would be intensely fuckin funny

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If Vince McMahon dies in the ring from a match that he himself booked, it will be a poetic ending.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the idea of brad shepard having sources is even funnier to me than the idea of vince mcmahon doing something in-ring at wrestlemania

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Digital Jedi posted:

Brock rules

The best part was that one guy having the presence of mind to grab the discarded mic so the other guy doesn't get F5'd on it.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Vince can barely form coherent sentences at this point he’s not gonna be in anything close to a match ever again.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Austin/McMahon again over twenty years later :sickos:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Vince risking a heart attack in the ring is the only thing that could make me watch Wrestlemania

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I hope WWE ends the brand split, because it would make everything worse and piss off their television partners

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Vince's decrepit body is going to be hit by a spear and burst like the toxic waste guy in Robocop

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

El Generico posted:

I hope WWE ends the brand split, because it would make everything worse and piss off their television partners

Yeah I don't think Fox would be happy to go back to being the Raw Redux show

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Digital Jedi posted:

Brock rules

lol dude actually raises his fists like he's gonna throw down with Brock, immediately gets decapitated by a chair.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Vince risking a heart attack in the ring is the only thing that could make me watch Wrestlemania

Vince seeing Mutoh and Fujita win titles and going "I can do better"

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Blaise330 posted:

The state of it. The abject desperation. The embarrassment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the only thing that image is missing is a loud voice going sunday SUNDAY SUNDAY