Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

SuddenCactus posted:

The Grid is considered a biological warfare lab

I thought it was more of a minefield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

JBP posted:

What's the third one for?

One for the master, one for the dame, and one for the little boy who lives down the lane.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
So whats the half life time on when someone in the LNP compares Albo to Putin and which minister will do it first.

My money's on Barnnnnaby rather than Dutton, in about 2 weeks.

edit- also, how many Ukrainian refugees are we going to accept and when is someone going to ask Morrison about that.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 26, 2022

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

hooman posted:

The golden parachutes just keep coming.

Just wait until you see the avalanche of appointments to government bodies the day before caretaker period starts.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ossil-fuel-jobs

this isn't really going to make a difference to people who already hate the greens, but it's good to see them at least get the rhetoric totally right here for once

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

lih posted:

this isn't really going to make a difference to people who already hate the greens, but it's good to see them at least get the rhetoric totally right here for once

this owns

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Comstar posted:

So whats the half life time on when someone in the LNP compares Albo to Putin and which minister will do it first.

My money's on Barnnnnaby rather than Dutton, in about 2 weeks.

edit- also, how many Ukrainian refugees are we going to accept and when is someone going to ask Morrison about that.

Yeah but how can they compare Albo to Putin?

Albo is a strongman? Albo is an invader? Albo is a dictator? Albo is opposed to NATO?

They already tried "Labor are communists harbouring manchurian candidates" thing, and had to immediately take it back, Also it gained no traction in the media, either positive or negative.

So I truly think if they do lose their minds and start calling Labor/Albo, or even the Greens "Russian sympathizers", it will backfire on them, rather than stain the opposition?

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

BrigadierSensible posted:

They already tried "Labor are communists harbouring manchurian candidates" thing, and had to immediately take it back, Also it gained no traction in the media, either positive or negative.

So I truly think if they do lose their minds and start calling Labor/Albo, or even the Greens "Russian sympathizers", it will backfire on them, rather than stain the opposition?

Agree. The "manchurian candidate" statement got plenty of media attention, all of it directed on how much of a desperate over-reach it was by Morrison.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.
so far they just seem to be trying for some sort of 'china staying neutral on russia here means they're just as bad and could do something like this any time so we need to be strong on china and not weak like labor' but ehhhh

there's enough desperate weirdos in the government that one of them might try some sort of nonsensical 'albo doesnt hate putin enough' line but the china stuff hasn't been effective so i doubt it

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lih posted:

Fanstastic but no one will give a gently caress because it's the greens

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I also like LNP acting tough and putting sanctions on Russia.As if Russia gives less than half a frogs fat bollock what Australia does.

I mean every drop counts, but really it is so ScoMo can pretend he is a player on the world stage, and can play up the "Look at how tough we are against formerly communist foreigners!" to his base.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Remember Tony Abbott saying he'd shirtfront Putin? I don't even know what that is but I think of it occasionally and lol

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Remember Tony Abbott saying he'd shirtfront Putin? I don't even know what that is but I think of it occasionally and lol

If Tony put him in his place back then this could all have been avoided
And we laughed at him

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

You know those milfetish movies of delta force rising up from the water to stab a dude?

Abbott in speedos, dealer sunnies, surf cap and zinc camo rising up to head butt Putin while he's fishing.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Somehow this was the result of that

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Animal Friend posted:

poo poo, that's what shirtfrounting means? Man there is just some aussie slang I straight up don't loving know.

Well if it ever comes up again now I know I guess>

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Animal Friend posted:

domino meme with a koala pissing on Putin's suit causing an invasion of Ukraine 10 years later.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

A weird petty question: But the talk of Abbott and "shirtfronting" has got me a-thinking.

Now we know that ScoMo barracks for the Sharks. (Albo is an Essendon fan.)

I seem to remember Gillard barracked for Footscray. I also remember Howard and Keating jumping on the Collingwood bandwagon, (At the time the "biggest" club in Australia.)

Does anyone remember what football club Abbott barracked for? Surely as PM or opposition leader he would have been cornered into answering that question at some stage.

Obviously this is a silly, pointless, petty question of no use to anyone and of less interest to any decent humans. But isn't that also a way to describe AusPol in general?

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
He was a Manly in the NRL guy. Yet another point against him.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

(Albo is an Essendon fan.)

Rabbitohs.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Now we know that ScoMo barracks for the Sharks. (Albo is an Essendon fan.)

To answer the question quick - Abbott was a cycling nutter, except he wouldn’t have roads divided to make cycling lanes. I know he also played some rugby but god knows what team he goes for… safe bets are Union fan or Manly.

Now the lengthy aside… Morrison backing Sharks is all a PR stunt. Get to the footy with a Great Northern in hand. He’s not from the Shire, there’s no reason he’d be backing them beforehand. I also found this story last year, it’s all speculation but Scotty from Eastern Suburbs would totally be a Union fan.

https://www.hellosport.com.au/2021/09/10/is-scott-morrison-a-turncoat-an-investigation-into-the-pms-footy-teams/

Albo is very much a South Sydney Rabbitohs supporter, maybe Essendon is who he follows in AFL? One of the dumb things I like to do every Melbourne trip is check the newspaper to see who the PM and Opposition Leader’s assistant tips for the AFL.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Feb 26, 2022

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1497553700889444360?s=20&t=SkHsF9DWwKk26gonVwQIsQ

I tried posting this to r/Australia and it got blocked by the mods there. WTF.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Feb 26, 2022

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

https://youtu.be/YStuNiouiW4

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Didn't Glenn Lazarus threaten to "Hopaoate" Tony Abbott?

Now that was some quality discourse.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

https://twitter.com/peterdutton_mp/status/1497741379216506880?s=21

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the money goes all to him doesnt it

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

SuddenCactus posted:

the money goes all to him doesnt it

Yeah but it says in the GFM that every cent goes to disaster relief for the area, aka becomes a huge tax write off for him personally

It's wretched

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Can't you only claim the tax deduction if you claim the donations as income?

It's more likely that it's another way to put together a marketing list and funnel some money into mates businesses for "support" and "rebuilding"

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Supermarkets do this constantly with the 'Care to round up to the nearest dollar for children with super cancer?' thing

They take your money as income, donate it on your behalf and claim the donation on their own taxes.

It's dumb and you shouldn't do it

Instead you should give that five cents to me

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Endman posted:

Supermarkets do this constantly with the 'Care to round up to the nearest dollar for children with super cancer?' thing

They take your money as income, donate it on your behalf and claim the donation on their own taxes.

Just give to charity directly

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Endman posted:

If they take your donation and claim it is income, then claim a deduction for that income, they... Profit?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
The only thing I'd trust Peter Dutton to distribute is potato blight.

Or the personal details of DV victims to the abuser.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Eediot Jedi posted:

If they take your donation and claim it is income, then claim a deduction for that income, they... Profit?

Well yeah.... It's extra cashflow and works like an interest free loan from you until they get around to the donation.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'm sure they'll be well received in Warsaw asking the locals the best way to Ukraine so they can help the Russian invasion.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Hang on putin told me Ukraine are the real fascists. I think they're confused.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

I'm sure they'll be well received in Warsaw asking the locals the best way to Ukraine so they can help the Russian invasion.

If they actually tried any of that at they'd get held up somewhere along the line by someone from ASIO who's technically in a DFAT makework position who wants to just have a chat please follow me down here into the back rooms of this airport and then get put right back on a plane

Knowing people from DFAT it's pretty funny that people get memos like "ugh, listen, this guy is 'on your trade agreement strategy team about Cheese names' now, he's not gonna be in any meetings or work in the same building and you know what I mean don't worry about it and just tell anyone who asks not to worry about it"

Spycraft

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 27, 2022

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

So 8 internet poisoned manchildren from Sydney are flying to Warsaw in order to materially assist with the Russian invasion of Kiev?

This will surely go smoothly for those 8 fellows who I'm sure speak neither Polish, Ukranian nor Russian and whose experience of combat has been heading to the local Souvlaki joint on a Friday night.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Why the gently caress are they saying "freedom" in swahili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Sounds like hooroo but means freedom, I guess