Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

PERMACAV 50 posted:

It’s hard to judge a season in its first weekly reset but the guns are pretty good and the activity is tolerable once you’re adequately leveled.

So far all the guns with element names on them are irredeemable trash. That sidearm Ikora gives you in the story is unusuably bad with a controller, and the fusion isn't much better. The shot pattern feels like a kid scribbling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
That fusion is probably the best rapid fire fusion in the game

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Grimthwacker posted:

How long does it usually take for faction chests to refill once you've opened them? I was doing that one Fynch quest in the patrol zone and I'm up to the step where I need to open four faction chests but I jumped the gun and looted most of them earlier.

In addition to the above (faction chests being the black, boxy, random spawns, rather than the gold region chests, which are account wide and never red pawn) the ghost chest finder mod range is multiplied by ads zoom so if you throw on anything with some zoom, scout, sniper, some rockets or auto rifles, you can generally scope out the next from the one you’re at.

uwaeve fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 27, 2022

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Eej posted:

That fusion is probably the best rapid fire fusion in the game

it's real good and that final perk that grants faster fire rate (and more stuff) on kills looks really nice and is now my main reason for grinding it

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I started playing about September of last year for the first time ever, then took a break around January. Finished the main Beyond Light campaign but not the seasonal stuff. I’m maybe halfway through the WQ campaign now.

Last I knew Savathun had like imprisoned herself as some statue, which was like a prison but also protected her from Xivu Arath, and Mara Sov was holding her. What happened between that and the start of WQ? Did she just escape and then her ship just blooped in with Mars?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
We exorcised her worm which removed her darkness powers and destroyed the crystal which triggered a spell she had cast earlier which swapped her location with a previously marked target, in this case the unconscious Osiris.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

xzzy posted:

So far all the guns with element names on them are irredeemable trash. That sidearm Ikora gives you in the story is unusuably bad with a controller, and the fusion isn't much better. The shot pattern feels like a kid scribbling.

Agreed on the sidearm being hot doo doo but the fusion’s shot pattern makes it rip through crowds of adds and the scout has really grown on me.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Marzzle posted:

it's real good and that final perk that grants faster fire rate (and more stuff) on kills looks really nice and is now my main reason for grinding it

Firmly planted + successful warm up turns you into a killing machine. Especially with the new aspect to sneak faster in crouch.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I am using a void titan with Inner Most Light (because of course I am), my struggle right now is just finding enough slots for all of the well mods. There seems to be so many :psyduck:.
Ah gently caress, sorry I read wells as rifts for some reason.

There's a stasis aligned mod that lets you treat stasis shards as elemental wells. Unfortunately they patched it so that it has a cooldown to stop you, and it does mean using bad stasis instead of cool void, but it is a very good constant source of wells.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

harrygomm posted:

from the martian missives lore you get when beating the campaign
In Eris I, third paragraph valua8le instead of valuable. Ikora II 4th paragraph Cayde-8 instead of Cayde-6. Weird typos maybe? idk
I assumed that was an OCR error and foreshadowing respectively.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Agreed on the sidearm being hot doo doo but the fusion’s shot pattern makes it rip through crowds of adds and the scout has really grown on me.

I love just charging it up and swiping it over an ad mob to kill 6 dudes with one bust :twisted:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

e: wrong thread

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Eej posted:

We exorcised her worm which removed her darkness powers and destroyed the crystal which triggered a spell she had cast earlier which swapped her location with a previously marked target, in this case the unconscious Osiris.

So what power does she have now? Is she still a Hive God without the worm? I’m not sure how the Hive work, like does she has a psychic link/control to them, or do they follow her cause she’s powerful?

Roctavian
Feb 23, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

So what power does she have now? Is she still a Hive God without the worm? I’m not sure how the Hive work, like does she has a psychic link/control to them, or do they follow her cause she’s powerful?

Well that's basically what you're actively trying to figure out throughout the campaign. But the TL;DR is that she's got Ward of Dawn, Chaos Reach, Nova Bomb, and Blade Barrage, plus a ghost, and all her buddies have light powers too.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

filmcynic posted:

Say, that mod doesn't apply to kinetics with Osmosis, right? Because, I mean, that would just be ridiculously broken.

*stares at vaulted Subsistence Scathelocke*
*feels bead of sweat form at temple*

Confirmed

https://twitter.com/a_dmg04/status/1498068400853159939?s=21

Marzzle posted:

I love just charging it up and swiping it over an ad mob to kill 6 dudes with one bust :twisted:

Plus, once you’ve got your void wells and volatile shots build up and running…

Elerion
May 31, 2011
I like PvP in this game but trying to play Crucible when half the players are invisible is loving miserable and may be enough to make me peace out after I've cleared the raid.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Confirmed

https://twitter.com/a_dmg04/status/1498068400853159939?s=21

:hellyeah:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am probably the outlier here, but I really don't like the way wells work. Like Explosive Wellmaker would work AMAZING in my build, but it only drops solar and I am playing a void titan. So I checked out void to see if they had something similar to it but nope, they have nothing of the sort.

Guess I will be boring and go back to Explosive Ordnance with a Gjlallarhorn. I can get guaranteed light charged with Blast Radius, that makes me feel like I am in much more control of fights :colbert:.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mesadoram posted:

I am probably the outlier here, but I really don't like the way wells work. Like Explosive Wellmaker would work AMAZING in my build, but it only drops solar and I am playing a void titan. So I checked out void to see if they had something similar to it but nope, they have nothing of the sort.

Guess I will be boring and go back to Explosive Ordnance with a Gjlallarhorn. I can get guaranteed light charged with Blast Radius, that makes me feel like I am in much more control of fights :colbert:.

What do you use Charged With Light for?

Also, Elemental Ordnance is agnostic and works particularly well on Void builds. Toss on Reaping Wellmaker and you're outta control!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Also, Elemental Ordnance is agnostic and works particularly well on Void builds. Toss on Reaping Wellmaker and you're outta control!

Maybe that was the part I was missing, the reaping wellmaker.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What do you use Charged With Light for?

Argent Ordnance required to be charged with light.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Tractor Cannon with volatile wells is also pretty great. Hits entire crowds and detonates all the minors while suppressing/exposing a central big dude.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

PERMACAV 50 posted:

I’d like to walk this back a bit—Tarnation makes an annoying sound and is pretty much indistinguishable from any other heavy GL.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Sure do love getting 5 of the PvP hand cannons in a row as my only rewards of getting my bounties and pinnacle rewards done. Are there no other drops?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Marzzle posted:

I have one with that perk and can confirm it's great.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Boy the ending to "The Cunning" sure is something

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Elerion posted:

I like PvP in this game but trying to play Crucible when half the players are invisible is loving miserable and may be enough to make me peace out after I've cleared the raid.

Yeah it's pretty garbage, and I am so sick of shotguns I wish Bungie would just remove them from the game altogether.

My Xenology quest won't advance. I got to 14/21 completions last night, now I just did two crucible matches and got no credit.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Listerine posted:

Yeah it's pretty garbage, and I am so sick of shotguns I wish Bungie would just remove them from the game altogether.

My Xenology quest won't advance. I got to 14/21 completions last night, now I just did two crucible matches and got no credit.

Only wins progress it.

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Dmg tweeted they are looking at the drop rate of the deepsight weapons from wellspring so maybe don’t grind yourself to dust at the moment over them. Or it could take them months to fix, who knows!

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Only wins progress it.

Would be nice if the Quest card had that instead of just saying completions. I must have been on an insane win streak, like a dozen in a row.

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Listerine posted:

Would be nice if the Quest card had that instead of just saying completions. I must have been on an insane win streak, like a dozen in a row.

TBF the quest says "Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit".

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Elerion posted:

TBF the quest says "Complete strikes or win matches in Crucible or Gambit".
I wonder if they changed that with the new vanguard ops.

The old bounty trick of loading solo into a strike from the map and completing them in the patrol zone at the start no longer works, you have to specifically start it from the vanguard ops playlist for the bounties to register.

Meaning that internally, there is now a difference between a strike and the vanguard playlist. Makes sense since vanguard ops now includes battlegrounds.

So did they update Xûr's quest to include battlegrounds? Otherwise Xenology is going to count completions on vanguard strikes but not battlegrounds, or it's going to exclude strikes launched directly from the planet map from completions.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The old bounty trick of loading solo into a strike from the map and completing them in the patrol zone at the start no longer works, you have to specifically start it from the vanguard ops playlist for the bounties to register.

I think that depends if it says "in strikes" or "in the strike playlist"? I swear I encountered something like that before.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I have a quest that tells me I need a runic chest from a PsiOps Battlegrounds… so does Bungie want me to sit in the playlist strike queue until I get a battlegrounds spawn? Is there a better approach to this mission?

Turra
Oct 28, 2006

Help! A guinea pig tricked me.

Bust Rodd posted:

I have a quest that tells me I need a runic chest from a PsiOps Battlegrounds… so does Bungie want me to sit in the playlist strike queue until I get a battlegrounds spawn? Is there a better approach to this mission?

PsiOps are the new seasonal ones, launch it from the HELM and it'll have 2 chests at the end, one takes the currency to open.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok thank you! That was unclear!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok thank you! That was unclear!

Bungie is not great at explanations

Elerion
May 31, 2011

DarkHorse posted:

Bungie is not great at explanations

In general I agree, but this is the quest text for that quest:

quote:

Enter a PsiOps Battleground, secure the Hive Lieutenant, and decode the Runic Chest.

To access, select the H.E.L.M. from the Destinations tab of the Director and choose the PsiOps Battlegrounds playlist.

Not sure what else we should expect them to do to explain.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Sorry, I’d just been hearing about how battlegrounds were getting rolled into strike playlists for the last 3 months, that’s what I assumed. In general Bungie’s tooltips have gotten way better this season but as a 5-year Bungie veteran my eyes do tend to glaze over a lot of that stuff because I’m used to it being misleading or straight up wrong

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

That Lightblade Strike is going to be fun on Grandmaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It was a mistake to immediately reuse the term for the new season, but the old "battlegrounds" don't have that name any more, they're just activities in the Vanguard Ops playlist that are particularly Cabal-heavy and can't be picked from the map any more.

Regarding the Vox Obscura mission: I hope whoever at Bungie is obsessed with time limits gets fired by whoever overruled them and put in checkpoints