Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011

hazardousmouse posted:

bruh gently caress these spirit minotaurs and their absurd bows, just goddamn

Minotaur ICBM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

bruh gently caress these spirit minotaurs and their absurd bows, just goddamn

Those fuckers were headshotting me from halfway across the map.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
How hard is Elden ring on the Sekiroulseborne spectrum?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lmao attacking the character after getting out of the tutorial dungeon was a mistake. Think I have to restart entirely because I die and they're already aggro.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo I just killed the Cool-Aid man and his kids!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

It varies way harder than the other games and isn't a linear increase from start to end. I'd say probably both the easiest and the hardest at times, leaning more towards Bloodborne/Sekiro side of things.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
:stare: these caria manor spiders are not okay

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

It's hard to compare because of the open world nature and extreme nonlinearity, but I'd compare the story bosses and dungeon difficulty to Dark Souls 3 I think. It feels about on par with that with enemy and boss design, with a bit of Bloodborne chalice dungeon stuff scattered around.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Steve Yun posted:

It's really not bad. There are so many tools you can use to beat things, and if you're underleveled for a boss you can just go level up elsewhere. Corpse runs are usually pretty easy too.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ugh so apparently Patches sells a specific anti-Margit item. This probably would've helped!

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Thumbtacks posted:

:stare: these caria manor spiders are not okay

i hope you mean the hands. if it gets worse than the hands i might not go back there.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Frankston posted:

Those fuckers were headshotting me from halfway across the map.

my theory is they're the vengeful spirits of all the sheep I slaughtered on the surface for their delicate bones

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
The first illusory wall I find is in a catacomb like 50 hours into the game, and the next ten illusory walls I find are in the very same catacomb. (you hit them with your sword btw)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The design makes it really easy for me to just give up on something, never to return again.

Also this is the first game I’m playing at release and not years later when there’s immediate answers on everything on a wiki or youtube. Don’t like not knowing things :saddowns:

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Feb 28, 2022

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

bike tory posted:

Ugh so apparently Patches sells a specific anti-Margit item. This probably would've helped!

it's so funny to me that I'm way past margit and still have absolutely no idea where patches is

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

bike tory posted:

Even if you kill Patches he drops an item you can give to the weird twin dolls in the Roundtree to unlock his full store inventory. This is true for most of the killable vendors.

and killing Patches gives you a free +7 spear :evilbuddy:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Mid gameLeyndell is a loving labyrinth, I'm glad they didn't skimp on the legacy dungeons, I'm so lost right now but I love it when I start to get a grip on where everything is

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
i cannot seem to make sekiro in this game. thats hard for me.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Anyone how to get to this spot? It's (Nokron spoilers) an alternate entrance to that room with the orb enemy so you can get some loot

https://imgur.com/pxs1uxb

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Elemer is no joke lol

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Filthy Haiku posted:

Second rune bearer spoilers:

Look at this guy who doesn't have 70 Int and isn't engaging in constant death. :smug: (actually :smith:)

The only reason I haven't picked one is pre-release rumors that you could duplicate boss souls and I want both. Then I can make a GIF of how little damage it does.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Sakurazuka posted:

What were you supposed to run from?

The giant who jumps down after that gate right when you get torrent/the blockade full of dudes shooting at you. At that point in the game it's clearly not expecting you to actually fight all of that head on. Assuming you didn't go on detours the giant in stormveil castle is only the second time you've seen a live one.
The fact the crab in the dining hall is dressing one nearby is also a sign you probably shouldn't fight him when you first get to Stormveil either.
You absolutely can do it though. One of the things I love about FromSoft games is how often you're free to beat your head against a wall until the wall crumbles. I just wish less people felt they had to.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Feb 28, 2022

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

how 2 kill these big bears pls goons

Orv
May 4, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Anyone how to get to this spot? It's (Nokron spoilers) an alternate entrance to that room with the orb enemy so you can get some loot

https://imgur.com/pxs1uxb

When you're on the raised area above that enemy there's a bridge that goes to a stonesword room, jump off that bridge to the right.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bike tory posted:

how 2 kill these big bears pls goons

Run from them. They are not your friends. Also you are probably just going to die tired if you run, so at least move towards the grace you're about to return to.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Mailer posted:

Look at this guy who doesn't have 70 Int and isn't engaging in constant death. :smug: (actually :smith:)

The only reason I haven't picked one is pre-release rumors that you could duplicate boss souls and I want both. Then I can make a GIF of how little damage it does.

You don't need the boss soul to duplicate it, I still got the option for Godrick after I'd already made one of his weapons

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also I killed Perceptor Miriam (suck my dick, you fuckman) and the area got worse! :negative:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

FishMcCool posted:

Am shtuck in the Academy though, if anyone can give me a hint: I have gone through plenty of stuff including the secret path, killed the discount Sif, went all around the rooftops, but it only took me back to the earlier cuckoo church bonfire. I have the ladder kicked down so can climb back up, but I can't seem to find another path from there. I also mopped the courtyard outside the wolf room, with the bladed rolling iron maiden (!), but there's nothing there either. Oh and I found a second academy key, which I presume is there so I can give it to the NPC who wants one if I can remember who/where they are.

Go out straight from the Sif bonfire where all the normal hollows and the guillotine vehicle thing is and look to the right. You can jump over there and run up. Boss elevator is that way.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Hot Diggity! posted:

lmao attacking the character after getting out of the tutorial dungeon was a mistake. Think I have to restart entirely because I die and they're already aggro.

just kick his rear end sir

he isn't that hard just dodge and punch him until he goes down

watch out for his bleed swarm magic, point blank fire blast and triple hit club combo, plus he keeps trying to drink estus so knock him out of that

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Mailer posted:

If you would like confirmation on this either way this is what the walking belltower mausoleums let you do if you bring one down and get inside. You only get one-per and I'm not sure how many there are, but it lets you pick from a list of all the ones you've ever owned, it doesn't need to currently be in your inventory

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Couldn't handle being called maidenless, huh.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Orv posted:

Also I killed Perceptor Miriam (suck my dick, you fuckman) and the area got worse! :negative:

After I killed Miriam I didn't see anything else to do. Am I missing something inside or do I need something from outside the study hall? Vague answers are preferable.

Miriam loving sucked big time holy poo poo. Felt like an enemy designed around the concept of "loving annoying."

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity where about is this in Stormveil? I wanna see it for myself but I haven't seen any giant pits there.

Go to the Stormveil Ramparts Grace, then go up the stairs in that central lift area, it'll take you out to a small open area with a number of soldiers. Straight ahead you'll see a ledge with sandbags piled up, run straight ahead and yeet yourself off to peer beyond the void.

Orv
May 4, 2011

goferchan posted:

If you would like confirmation on this either way this is what the walking belltower mausoleums let you do if you bring one down and get inside. You only get one-per and I'm not sure how many there are, but it lets you pick from a list of all the ones you've ever owned, it doesn't need to currently be in your inventory

Correct, I've found three so far.

Orv
May 4, 2011

CRAYON posted:

After I killed Miriam I didn't see anything else to do. Am I missing something inside or do I need something from outside the study hall? Vague answers are preferable.

Miriam loving sucked big time holy poo poo. Felt like an enemy designed around the concept of "loving annoying."

A quest line from Liurnia gives you an item for Miriam's locale.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

y'know i haven't seen melina in like 20 hours.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/Tomenheimer/status/1498094196476968962

This is my most satisfying boss kill in a Souls game.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

drunken officeparty posted:

The design makes it really easy for me to just give up on something, never to return again.

Also this is the first game I’m playing at release and not years later when there’s immediate answers on everything on a wiki or youtube. Don’t like not knowing things :saddowns:

I don't often do this with games in general and never have with a Souls. It's weirdly exhilarating knowing that if I find something weird or don't know how to do something, no help is coming

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity where about is this in Stormveil? I wanna see it for myself but I haven't seen any giant pits there.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Go to the Stormveil Ramparts Grace, then go up the stairs in that central lift area, it'll take you out to a small open area with a number of soldiers. Straight ahead you'll see a ledge with sandbags piled up, run straight ahead and yeet yourself off to peer beyond the void.

https://twitter.com/YoshiOfYellow/status/1498095946101579776

Actually here you go, here's a clip for anyone that wants to see with eyes unclouded by reality. Spoilers ahead. No idea how you actually get down there proper but when I found this by accident I was losing my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

YoshiOfYellow posted:

https://twitter.com/YoshiOfYellow/status/1498095946101579776

Actually here you go, here's a clip for anyone that wants to see with eyes unclouded by reality. Spoilers ahead. No idea how you actually get down there proper but when I found this by accident I was losing my mind.
I can't remember exactly how I got down there but I passed through that room (and the ungodly horror that crawls out of the ground when you do) on my normal route through the castle. There's really tall ladder right beside that face and you get a really great view of it as you're climbing. Crazy that this one dungeon has so many different ways to get through it and so much stuff that any given player may never see.