Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Anybody should be embarrassed to be on a date with somebody who orders orange juice at a restaurant.

"Oh cool a Waffle House date maybe we'll see a line cook fight a guy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Soul Dentist posted:

Anybody should be embarrassed to be on a date with somebody who orders orange juice at a restaurant.

"Oh cool a Waffle House date maybe we'll see a line cook fight a guy"

What if it’s breakfast?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Orange juice would be way less embarrassing than ordering chocolate milk on a date.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Breakfast dates are for the morning after a date went well, unless you work the night shift at a factory and a date went really well.. Either way you shouldn't order juice because there's coffee available. Chocolate milk is indeed more embarrassing unless you're dating a power lifter in which case you're at waffle house at 5am with a guy with a thick neck drinking milk so my point still stands.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
If anyone judges me for ordering freshly squeezed orange juice when out for a meal then they're certainly not worth my time!

And some content.

AITA for asking my older son to put my younger son on his car insurance?

quote:

I have two sons. Robert who is 24 and Michael who is 23 [Robert is older by 10 months]. I've read here and my question is a situation with Michael's car insurance.

Michael was involved in a car accident. He was stopped at a red light. I'm not excusing Michael or saying he isn't at fault. It was 100% his fault. The car next to him started to proceed and Michael believing the light was green proceeded even though he didn't have the green light. There was an accident. Michael and the drivers of the other vehicles were injured.

Michael's legal issues are taken care of, he paid his fine and is working on paying the judgements from the lawsuits. He has regained his license after the suspension but cannot afford any insurance on his own. My wife and I are retired and we rely on public transit and our golf cart. We've asked Robert to put Michael on his insurance and ownership of his truck. We will pay Michael's portion of the insurance and ownership, Robert would not be responsible. My wife and I would pay for any other costs Michael incures if Michael cannot afford it. Robert wouldn't have to pay a dime but he still balked at our request. He isn't happy and was short with my wife the last time she called him.

I could understand if we asked Robert to pay for Michael but we would never ask him to do that. We just want Robert to assist Michael so he may eventually regain insurance on his own.

So this guy ran a red light in such a way that he damaged at least two other cars, and injured at least two other drivers. I wouldn't want him on my insurance either!

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Soul Dentist posted:

Chocolate milk is indeed more embarrassing unless you're dating a power lifter in which case you're at waffle house at 5am with a guy with a thick neck drinking milk so my point still stands.

I can’t believe you would call me out like this.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

8one6 posted:

Orange juice would be way less embarrassing than ordering chocolate milk on a date.

Orange juice... chocolate milk. How gauche.

*sips Blue heaven milkshake thoughtfully

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for telling my sister to get her own life

r/relationships: I (21 f) have a twin (also 21 f)

(Added para break)

My sister is nothing like me and I told her to stop copying me.

?
?????

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

limp_cheese posted:

If its the US that might be a prudent policy to have so you don't go deep into debt.

Except that in the event of an emergency that requires them to take the ambulance after getting evaluated by the EMTs, the person's own insurance covers the ambulance so it's literally nothing to OP to call, outside of just the idea that it's wasteful go use an ambulance unless it's an injury OP has deemed fit. Which is real hosed up because now it's not even about money, it's about control. OP is angry their partner disobeyed them in their own home. Mega-creep.

It being America, I'd honestly think the policy of not calling for medical help for wounded visitors would be more likely to lead to liability for a negligent death and being sued

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Feb 28, 2022

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my BIL that he isn’t a real man?

quote:

I 23 f married my husband 25M in 2020, we have been together total 8 years. Last year my husband and I had to move in with his parents and his brother 22M because our landlord decided to sell the home we were living in and we couldn’t find anything but now we’re in the process of building our home.

Last week, I got off a 12hr shift around 2pm as a nurse and came home and showered and started laundry as I was heading back to my room my BIL told me that I needed to clean the kitchen, bathroom and cook him food. I was taken back since I don’t really ever use the kitchen, I hardly ever cook at the house and I had cleaned the bathroom the week prior and it wasn’t dirty.

I told him no and went to my room and turned on my favorite show. BIL barged into the room and told me once again I needed to clean the kitchen, make him food, and clean the bathroom. I again told him no and closed the door and locked it this time, I texted my husband and my husband said just to ignore him.

Well BIL knocks on the door and tells me I’m lazy and that a woman’s job is to do what a man says and cook and clean. I told him that he isn’t a man and never will be since he doesn’t have a job, license or go to school and does plan on it so he has no room to tell me anything. He told me I was a bitch and he told his parents when they got home from work what I said but left out the parts he told me.

MIL AND FIL are telling me I need to apologize to him because he’s “going through a rough patch” and that I should’ve just made him food and picked up a bit, I refuse to apologize. My husband has told his parents that there’s no need for me to apologize and that his brother should be the one apologizing to me since we are the ones paying all the bills while we live in the house and that he should be grateful to me.

so am I the rear end in a top hat?

just put cyanide in the food, idiot. problem solved.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

Parents too.

AITA for refusing to tell my soon to be ex-husband who keyed his car?

quote:

Me and my husband are getting a divorce. I still live in our marital home as we wanted to minimise the disturbance this causes to our daughter’s life. He sometimes stays here and sometimes he stays in his apartment.

A week ago, his cousin came over. She was angry at something he had done and was venting to me. Before she left, she saw his new car and decided to key it. He wasn’t here at the time and she was planning to key another one of his cars but I stopped her before she could.

He just saw the damage two days ago. At first, he blamed me but eventually he believed me because he didn’t think I would be dumb enough to key his car. He then wanted to know who did it but I refused to tell him. Now he’s angry at me for not telling him and is going back on all of our agreements including him not living in our marital home full-time.

AITA?
:guillotine:

What could OP's motivation possibly be for keeping this information from her ex-husband? Why would she want someone to be upset with her for something she is not responsible for and to punish her for her unnecessary obstructive behavior? I'm at a loss.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Mx. posted:

AITA for walking out of the restaurant after my boyfriend started drinking his juice with 3 straws?

R/relationships: The Three Straw Problem

Mx. posted:

Her response to him warmed my heart.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for asking my older son to put my younger son on his car insurance?

So this guy ran a red light in such a way that he damaged at least two other cars, and injured at least two other drivers. I wouldn't want him on my insurance either!

So they could pay for a bus ticket, pay for his high insurance or let him use the golf cart but instead they want to risk his brothers insurance...

Oh he wants his car too lol. Higher rates to start with and if bad driver brother(2) fucks up again everyone is hosed.

datajugend fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 28, 2022

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Neighbors keep sneaking into my pool to have sex.

quote:

I’ve tried every avenue including calling the police, who just politely told them to stay out of my pool. On three separate occasions I’ve called with video proof of my neighbors having sex in my pool.

My HOA won’t allow me to build a more secure fence.

How do you suggest I get them to stop?

Can I get in trouble if they get hurt in my pool while I’m not home ?

Can I post their pictures on our hoa fb page shaming them if I block their faces? “If this is you, have sex in your own pool”

Edit : Also is there a way to charge them for a repair? Once my filter sucked up a used condom requiring a service appt.

quote:

I wanna look at my beautiful pool. Just without naked boomers in it.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

teen witch posted:

Take stills from the pool sex videos, blur out the naughty bits but not the faces, print up a bunch of flyers, and post them around the neighborhood.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

teen witch posted:

Objectively the funniest thing to do next time this happens is turn on all your backyard lights, start blasting Marvin Gaye out your window, and maybe invest in a megaphone from which you can yell "Havin a good time in there?!"

Boomers hate it when you draw attention to the thing they're doing if it's Not Polite

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

Ziv Zulander posted:

It’s okay to call an ambulance for a medical evaluation, and then tell the EMTs that you want somebody else to drive you there if they think you should go. They’ll even phone the ER and let them know you’re coming. You don’t have to pay to have them come and check you out, that’s only if they give you a ride

This is true in my experience too. I got hit in the face by a fastball a few years ago that broke my orbital in three places. We had an ambulance come to the baseball diamond to check me out but a teammate drove me to the hospital and I wasn't billed for the ambulance.

I was billed $800 for my x-rays though because the hospital I went to emailed it to some out of network nerd to look at for 5 minutes to verify the fractures...

My eye looked like a purple sideways vagina for like 3 weeks afterward lol

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I'll drink chocolate milk wherever the gently caress I want you bunch of miserable assholes.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I'll drink chocolate milk wherever the gently caress I want you bunch of miserable assholes.

My office stocks chocolate milk in the cafeteria and break rooms. When we actually had people in the office it was nice because "I'll buy you a chocolate milk" is a surprisingly effective way to get people to do stuff - anything from "Hey, take a look at this weird network issue" to "Hey, try this new hot sauce with a bunch of danger symbols on it."

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Whats wrong with orange juice?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Whats wrong with orange juice?

Orange juice glad I didn't say banana?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Soul Dentist posted:

Either way you shouldn't order juice because there's coffee available.

You're allowed to get both, it's okay. There's no laws about it or anything!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Are people actually here saying juice, a substance meant to be universally enjoyed, is just for children

What the hell life you live you don't enjoy juice

Like seriously people are saying the liquid from fruits is age-restricted, what kinda weird-rear end OCD logic is that

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
There are weirdos in this thread who will gatekeep anything.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Soul Dentist posted:

Either way you shouldn't order juice because there's coffee available.

I don't drink coffee unless I've had a poo poo night of sleeping before (or there's a free promo available somewhere), which isn't often, so :confused: should I stick to water then? Am I not allowed to partake in the sweet fruit nectar because I'm over 18?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I am just confused about the 3 straw method. You can drink quite quickly from a single straw already. Or even just gulp it straight from the rim.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

ponzicar posted:

I am just confused about the 3 straw method. You can drink quite quickly from a single straw already. Or even just gulp it straight from the rim.

He was being a dick to embarass his girlfriend because :confused:

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Are people actually here saying juice, a substance meant to be universally enjoyed, is just for children

What the hell life you live you don't enjoy juice

Like seriously people are saying the liquid from fruits is age-restricted, what kinda weird-rear end OCD logic is that

Goons love gatekeeping drinks and food it's like our official pasttime

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Gatekeeping goddamn juice. drat, some of y'all need to get a grip. It's juice. It's for drinking.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder if you can just do this with random poo poo and people will go along with it. Just go up to someone and go "You're wearing JEANS? Seriously? Those are for CHILDREN!"

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA For refusing to give my boyfriend my PIN number after he took my Credit Card without consent?.

:redflag:

This one sounds awfully familiar. Was there a gender swapped version of this posted a couple of threads ago?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have crud guts and juice messes me up something bad. If you are capable of digesting juice, please, do not deny yourself out of some extremely weird sense of drink decorum.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Y'all don't want juice? smdh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaCrQL_8eMY

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I wonder if you can just do this with random poo poo and people will go along with it. Just go up to someone and go "You're wearing JEANS? Seriously? Those are for CHILDREN!"

Well, we saw it tried recently with "give my kids your Switch vidyagames are for KIDS you're a grown woman!"

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not that I drank a lot before but I completely stopped for diet reasons and now some nights I have a glass of chocolate milk while watching TV. It's delicious and people can make fun of me all they want cause I am not stopping.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I can guarantee you there is someone here who thinks this and would express it like it's the most obvious truth in the world and not their own quirk.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Juice is a scam. You can skip the middle man and just eat fruit

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

titty_baby_ posted:

Juice is a scam. You can skip the middle man and just eat fruit

I'm not a peasant, I pay others to macerate my fruit for me.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Rescue Toaster posted:

I'm not a peasant, I pay others to macerate my fruit for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Obviously it's fine to drink juice, but it's more fun to say it's for children because people get really really upset about it and counter with their own sweeping generalizations to soothe their hurt egos. And the cycle continues