Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Steve was into MMA apparently, he'd wreck the lot of em not even considering the age gap.

I think a lot of people would be either surprised that Yahoo Serious was real and even more surprised that he's still alive.

Didn't yahoo get seriously ripped after he became less famous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

NPR Journalizard posted:

Didn't yahoo get seriously ripped after he became less famous?

Ah, the Carrot Top route. Because apparently there's openings for irl Batman villains.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ah, the Carrot Top route. Because apparently there's openings for irl Batman villains.

Nope, I'm was thinking of Carrot Top. Whoops.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/kailaswild/status/1494827456326672384

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
On par with trump looking into the eclipse

That sudden snap of the visor coming back down as he realises is pure comedy gold

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Nah you're right mate Scotty, ignore those cunts and keep doing it like that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Someone post the prime minister

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

BrigadierSensible posted:

But don't you want to watch the Faroe Islands vs Scotland bronze medal volleyball match?

Right there in YOUR town! Think of the international prestige.

Edit: Although this makes me think what towns/places will be classified as "regional" Will they just chuck everything in Geelong/Bendigo/Ballarat, and give nothing to the actual country towns? Will they send events all the way out to Warnambool, Mildura and/or Lakes Entrance?

Will Scotland even be in the commonwealth in 2026?

I reckon you'll find a map of commonwealth games expenditure and marginal regional electorates will be pretty closely aligned.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

BrigadierSensible posted:

I also really don't like his stage manager wife, and the way they pushed Bindi to do all the cheap cash grab half arsed projects cashing in on her dead dad's name.

I've seen footage of Bindi performing at the family's zoo and she has this whole thing where she interacts with a video of her father and it's gross as hell.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

gay picnic defence posted:

Will Scotland even be in the commonwealth in 2026?

More likely than the Faroe Islands, which are part of Denmark

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

webmeister posted:

On par with trump looking into the eclipse

That sudden snap of the visor coming back down as he realises is pure comedy gold
Oh, don't give him too much credit - That shot is zoomed in from the original clip. That's someone else knocking his visor down.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm dumb. Rewatched the original, someone reaches towards the mask, or points to something, but he pulls it down himself.

Slugworth fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Feb 20, 2022

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Painters and Dockers first (and what was hoped to be last) gig

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Office speakers were playing Eagle Rock at 8:45AM

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
I have been looking at expanding my Australian vernacular vocabulary lately.

Is "piss" specifically referring to beer (I guess because it kinda looks like actual piss) or does it generally encompass any alcoholic beverages?

Does it depend on whether or not you are trying to get pissed?

I asked my friend who is from oz, though he's lived in Canada for like 20+ years and he says more or less 'gently caress it, doesn't matter you stupid oval office just fuckin get drunk and gently caress off' but I figured I'd ask some of you who still live there to see what your opinions are on the subject.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I personally think its any alcohol, but only if you're planning on getting at least a half decent buzz on. If you can legally drive, you aren't on the piss imo.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I personally think its any alcohol, but only if you're planning on getting at least a half decent buzz on. If you can legally drive, you aren't on the piss imo.

Yeah. You wouldn't say you're getting on the piss and then have one shandy. Although saying you're going to buy some piss and coming home with a bottle of something you're not drinking straight away is a legitimate use of the term.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Even then I think future intent to get wasted is relevant. I don't think of the bottle of the Rye whisky I have as a nice treat as piss despite it being stronger than the JD I drink more regularly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's nuances to it, yes. The implication is at least generally that you're getting cheap and/or low quality alcohol in sufficient qualities to get noticeably drunk.

From there, the language is colourful and ever-evolving to describe various degrees of severe alcohol abuse. 'Munted' is a favourite of mine.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

'Munted' is a favourite of mine.

I am particularly fond of "rat-arsed".

I dunno why a rodent's bum is specifically descriptive of inebriation, yet it works so beautifully.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I think piss as a noun just means booze, but usually has some variety of binge drinking qualifier to it . Piss as a verb is either ratfucked or on the way to it.

Maybe it was derived from 'so drunk he pissed himself' and evolved from there.

Not sure I want to think about ratfucked.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I've always been a fan of getting gently caress-eyed.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Pissed as a newt.

We also need to go retro and bring back stonkered.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Maggot/maggoted is my go to

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Laserface posted:

Maggot/maggoted is my go to

For me "maggot" is reserved for yelling at the umpire at the footy.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

wesleywillis posted:

'gently caress it, doesn't matter you stupid oval office just fuckin get drunk and gently caress off'

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I usually go with "knee walking" myself

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
Munted

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/uncreativeindy/status/1498531293918740482

Show yourself

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Milkshake Duck strikes again

https://twitter.com/JeremyPoxon/status/1498549597089984513

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Does anyone actually eat those things? I will gladly donate my sugar bread to this man.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I tried one once because it came with a deal and it was just foul. Probably had more sugar in it than a Mars bad.

It was like I can only imagine American bread tastes like.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I tried one once because it came with a deal and it was just foul. Probably had more sugar in it than a Mars bad.

Diabetes and sadness

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Bill Posters posted:

Does anyone actually eat those things? I will gladly donate my sugar bread to this man.
I love to eat them when i get a combo pack (eg a few tenders, chicken pieces etc) and make lil mini burgs - along with the potato and gravy and/or chips

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

it tastes a lot like vegan brioche, I can absolutely see why the kind of person that eats KFC on the reg might be into it

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Megillah Gorilla posted:

They used to be even sweeter when KFC first came to Australia.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/today_tasmania/status/1497323438746181632

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Yeah I've had shits like that

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hitler car is banned. Guess they found out it was coming by boat.

https://twitter.com/PatrickGormanMP/status/1498835957407436800

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It tastes like most other loving kinds of leavened bread in the world.