Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I will also endorse cbb FM. It was fun having a block of Christmas songs this year that I haven't heard. Really hoping David Waine guests on it eventually. Love me some waine-scotting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I was thinking about the movie Tick, Tick, Boom, and it came out in my mind as Tick, Tick, Tock, and now I think it was a missed opportunity that they didn't have the Time Keeper on to review it.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Franchescanado posted:

CBB FM continues to secretly be the best show released under the CBB World banner.

CBB Presents is their crown jewel, but agree, lowkey it's great. Scott's got good taste, and slides really well into a more straightforward DJ voice over the air.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Chairman Capone posted:

I was thinking about the movie Tick, Tick, Boom, and it came out in my mind as Tick, Tick, Tock, and now I think it was a missed opportunity that they didn't have the Time Keeper on to review it.

They made a mistake casting Jason Mantzoukas in John Wick 3 too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hey tock man

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Speaking of CBB Presents - hell yeah, another episode of Entree PeeE Neur's Entrepreneur Tour today, wasn't expecting a second installment so quickly. I genuinely hope this one also just devolves into Ego, Carl and Drew* giddily pimping the guests into stupid premises and reciting hiphop lyrics to make each other laugh. (gently caress Twelve, gently caress SWAT.)

*Yep, I've gone and done it!

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

Speaking of CBB Presents - hell yeah, another episode of Entree PeeE Neur's Entrepreneur Tour today, wasn't expecting a second installment so quickly. I genuinely hope this one also just devolves into Ego, Carl and Drew* giddily pimping the guests into stupid premises and reciting hiphop lyrics to make each other laugh. (gently caress Twelve, gently caress SWAT.)

The three of them have such a frenetic, fun energy that I hope they continue making these.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

They are getting a lot out of just mispronouncing things and setting Tarver up for MJ impressions. It's great.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JethroMcB posted:

it's so dumb and good

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Breadallelogram posted:

setting Tarver up for MJ impressions.

"His pronouns are He/He. You ever try calling He a 'Him'? He gets pissed. Try it. Do it. Do it."
"Okay, uhh...I love him."
"HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Oh, wow. That was offended."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think it's time that I cancel my monthly CBB World subscription... it's time to dive in for the full year.

I can't stand the CBB ad reads so my main draw was that, while hoping CBB Presents lived up to lofty expectations yet somehow it's exceeded them. That feed really does justify the use of the word 'World', it's been a blast to hear what established characters come up with when not confined to the interview format. I like Ego and Entree P Neur, but repeating the 'im thinkin of a rectangle' schtick was getting a little old for me, but the Entrepreneur Tour episodes have been fantastic, and everyone just sounds like they're having so much fun. I still have a bunch of things in that feed I havent tried/completed too, and it's been worth every penny. Scott Hasn't Seen has been a bunch of fun too, I'm just waiting for him to hit some big childhood faves of mine.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I'm early in the latest CBB, and Ego's energy from the jump is amazing.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It really feels like CBB World is what Scott wanted to make with Earwolf: A curated collection of stuff made by people he finds funny. Totally the logical extension of Comedy Death Ray.

I can't tell you if it will go to poo poo in 5 years, but right now, if you're anywhere close to Auckerman-adjacent humor-wise, you will find at least one show you love.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

mlmp08 posted:

I'm early in the latest CBB, and Ego's energy from the jump is amazing.

I've never been a huge Ego fan but this last episode was great. I'm not super down on her in general, I think I'm just tired of Entree and have been since maybe the 2nd appearance.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Inspector 34 posted:

I've never been a huge Ego fan but this last episode was great. I'm not super down on her in general, I think I'm just tired of Entree and have been since maybe the 2nd appearance.

I kind of agree, the character can be funny, but only in spurts. But that's also why surrounding her with Carl Tart (and now Drew Tarver as well) is such a stroke of genius. Hearing them all competing to come up with the most ridiculous thing possible to say is just a delight.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

EL BROMANCE posted:

I can't stand the CBB ad reads so my main draw was that,

Sounds like we got a post office liker
Edit: the MJ he/him joke seriously is something I think about once a day

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ahhh CBB Presents listeners are gonna be happy with one of the characters today.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
That was a fun episode, they should have Anders on more often than once every 7 years.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Muncher on Grinder sounds like a hipster deli

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

That was a fun episode, they should have Anders on more often than once every 7 years.

I had no idea the Workaholics guys had a podcast even, and yeah he was a pretty chill and funny guest. I completely forgot he ever did the show before even.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Great episode today. Langston really got into it. And anytime PFT and Gourley get together it's always a good time.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I thought Matt Gourley only did comedy music so this is a revelation

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fezz posted:

Great episode today. Langston really got into it. And anytime PFT and Gourley get together it's always a good time.

The call in bit at the beginning was really good. Bababoey!

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Consummate Professional posted:

I thought Matt Gourley only did comedy music so this is a revelation

Superego has such sights to show (tell?) you.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Edit: Misunderstood a post because I didn't listen to the episode yet.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Laterite posted:

Superego has such sights to show (tell?) you.

I will admit that Superego intimidates me and I haven't listened to it at all.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Superego is great! Not sure what would be intimidating about it but it does move pretty fast and there is no shortage of Matt Gourley comedy music.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Consummate Professional posted:

I will admit that Superego intimidates me and I haven't listened to it at all.

I was in a similar boat but there’s not really anything to be intimidated by. There should be best ofs on the free feed. Start with season 3 or 4 (4 is when PFT joined officially) and get a feel for it and then dive in where ever. (On the Stitcher archives, when they were still with them, they said seasons 1-2 were worth going back to later. They are rougher and just Matt and Jeremy, but there’s some really good stuff in there)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The Senator Giroux posted:

(On the Stitcher archives, when they were still with them, they said seasons 1-2 were worth going back to later. They are rougher and just Matt and Jeremy, but there’s some really good stuff in there)

Yeah, Season 3 is the place to jump on. They've got a real sense of what their style is by then and just deliver nonstop hits. Also it's worth being aware that all the trappings of "SuperEgo" are just there for structure/flavor; I remember when I started listening that I felt a bit lost, should I know some lore about the SuperEgo Institute, do I need to be paying attention to the case study classifications? No, they just slap a DSM diagnosis on the character as a goof and then do a 5-7 minute sketch, don't think too hard about it.

All you really need to know is this: Swampbucklers is based on American History.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvrLaB8YPHE

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Superego is absolutely essential listening. All their spinoffs are fun, too, like Forgotten Classics and their commentaries. But that stuff is best left untouched until you get a feel for their standard stuff.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Being intimidated by SuperEgo is like being intimidated by a sketch show. There's no reason for it. They are composed of self-contained skits, with some repeating characters who's game is self-apparent without any necessary context.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
But please remember, that after listening to all of SuperEgo, there will be a test.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
And we WILL judge you if you don't love Brown Squadron.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

feedmyleg posted:

Superego is absolutely essential listening. All their spinoffs are fun, too, like Forgotten Classics and their commentaries. But that stuff is best left untouched until you get a feel for their standard stuff.

Red Badge of Courage is so loving good.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
One of my favorite superego sketches:

https://youtu.be/3HibSW5DKg4

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Also it's worth being aware that all the trappings of "SuperEgo" are just there for structure/flavor; I remember when I started listening that I felt a bit lost, should I know some lore about the SuperEgo Institute, do I need to be paying attention to the case study classifications? No, they just slap a DSM diagnosis on the character as a goof and then do a 5-7 minute sketch, don't think too hard about it.

Yeah that's what tripped me up when my friend first introduced me to it. I thought I was missing something, but I wasn't! It's just sketch comedy, and a good one at that

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Franchescanado posted:

Being intimidated by SuperEgo is like being intimidated by a sketch show. There's no reason for it. They are composed of self-contained skits, with some repeating characters who's game is self-apparent without any necessary context.

I definitely was, but the shows are pretty short, all the sketches nice and atomic, I blew through it in weeks.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I keep listening to the CBB Presents Entree PeeE Neur Tour episodes just to hear Carl Tart gleefully telling people that they are going to jail, periodt.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Pretty tangential and I have no context beyond this tweet, but for fellow PFT enjoyers:
https://twitter.com/RobtheCramer/status/1495972239862546432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I don't know if there's any kind of RSS feed that's just every podcast episode that Paul F Tompkins has guested on, but if there is, I would subscribe to it