Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Bring back no-content probes, imo.

Modal Auxiliary has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Mar 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Fun bargain!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

mrpwase posted:

You've spent 20 years in Louisville loving rednecks?

If I've said it once I've said it a million times, a republican guy will suck your cock with enough vigor to curl your toes and make you see God. Especially if he has a wedding ring.

You're a fool not to gently caress rednecks.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Scratch Monkey posted:

Rhymes with "shovel" like "Jim Lovell"? Really? I've never heard that.

Here in Philadelphia (the big one in PA) the city is generally pronounced "full-delphia" and our little brother to south, Baltimore, is either "balta-more" or "ball-tee-more"

I've heard Louisville pronounced something like Lullavull from a few natives I've known. And Baltimore ave was always baldy-more to the old timers.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I've heard Louisville pronounced something like Lullavull from a few natives I've known. And Baltimore ave was always baldy-more to the old timers.

Back when I used to go to Otakon, I was very confused by someone talking about how long they'd lived in "bawmur" or something like that.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scratch Monkey posted:

Rhymes with "shovel" like "Jim Lovell"? Really? I've never heard that.

Here in Philadelphia (the big one in PA) the city is generally pronounced "full-delphia" and our little brother to south, Baltimore, is either "balta-more" or "ball-tee-more"

Baltimore accent you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Esl_wOQDUeE

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

mrpwase posted:

You've spent 20 years in Louisville loving rednecks?
What else you going to do in Louisville?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Neito posted:

Back when I used to go to Otakon, I was very confused by someone talking about how long they'd lived in "bawmur" or something like that.

This isn't about the Baltimore accent, which is its own thing, but how Philadelphians say Baltimore. Baltimore ave/Baltimore Pike is a major thoroughfare in West and Southwest Philly, as well as some of the more Southern burbs. My father in law, who grew up partly in Yeadon, always called it Baldy-more. He also would talk about going to "the ack-uh-mee."

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Bring back no-content probes, imo.

agreed. we need a week of probes to get folks off of "funny pronunciation" chat

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If I've said it once I've said it a million times, a republican guy will suck your cock with enough vigor to curl your toes and make you see God. Especially if he has a wedding ring.

You're a fool not to gently caress rednecks.

A perfect Funny Picture would be the Grindr user data from CPAC

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Baron von Eevl posted:

This isn't about the Baltimore accent, which is its own thing, but how Philadelphians say Baltimore. Baltimore ave/Baltimore Pike is a major thoroughfare in West and Southwest Philly, as well as some of the more Southern burbs. My father in law, who grew up partly in Yeadon, always called it Baldy-more. He also would talk about going to "the ack-uh-mee."

What's the ack um mee

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the ack um mee

https://www.acmemarkets.com/

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's the ack um mee

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
Yes, please wrap up pronunciation/accent chat, thanks!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Is this that NFT gaming they've been threatening us with?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

flavor.flv posted:

Is this that NFT gaming they've been threatening us with?

even worse - its monkey island 4

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

even worse - its monkey island 4

The only Monkey Island game that I stopped playing partway through. Just soulless and awful.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Obviously that's a meta-commentary reflecting the game's plot where piracy is being wiped out by a soulless marketing industry.

Especially considering that lol no it's just a bad game.
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
So bad that I've never attempted to play the Monkey Island games that came after not wanting to further tarnish the legacy of Monkey Islands 1-3, some of the best games ever made.

This is just filler text to make it look like I went on a long rant about how Monkey Island 4 is actually a secret masterpiece.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 21:13 on Mar 1, 2022

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Baron von Eevl posted:

Nah, Dooley, the man in the video, is from Baltimore.

There are similarities with some Philly accents, but this video was about Baltimore.

The Sean has a new favorite as of 22:13 on Mar 1, 2022

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

FreudianSlippers posted:

Obviously that's a meta-commentary reflecting the game's plot where piracy is being wiped out by a soulless marketing industry.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
So bad that I've never attempted to play the Monkey Island games that came after not wanting to further tarnish the legacy of Monkey Islands 1-3, some of the best games ever made.

This is just filler text to make it look like I went on a long rant about how Monkey Island 4 is actually a secret masterpiece.

But sporange rhymes with orange!

Those pirates are fools

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Welcome to the bird space. Enjoy your stay.
https://twitter.com/chaostiktoks/status/1498738083231055873

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Telltale episodes are actually pretty good. Not as good as 1/2/3 but miles above 4.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Hell I didn't even like 3 because of the cartoony graphics. Been meaning to give it another chance, though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/9SYdguE.mp4
Sound

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Checks out

https://twitter.com/Saberspark/status/1495898841371099136?t=4AqwaiTZWhJWfhSozmr6-w&s=19

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
https://twitter.com/Phil_Lewis_/status/1498819792869990402?s=20&t=iZK5kvNVP7Gkcs7LXhPJzw

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
Jesus loving Christ. I remember catch-22 being required reading for me in high school and also when I realized that reading was awesome and that phrase has been seered onto my brain

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Pat Sajak is a stronger man than I because I do not think I could have stopped myself from walking off that stage in disgust.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

FFT posted:

Hell I didn't even like 3 because of the cartoony graphics. Been meaning to give it another chance, though.

3 is probably the best in the series

5 is ok but if you didn't like the art style of 3 you'll hate 5

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

3 is probably the best in the series

What the gently caress....

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Mauser posted:

Jesus loving Christ. I remember catch-22 being required reading for me in high school and also when I realized that reading was awesome and that phrase has been seered onto my brain

Mauser posted:

seered onto my brain

Envisioning Cassandra just writing prophecies directly on your brain matter NBD

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hmm! I didn't know I had this particular phobia until now. Thanks, Zydeco! And thank you ever so much, B I R D S P A C E

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

1stGear posted:

Pat Sajak is a stronger man than I because I do not think I could have stopped myself from walking off that stage in disgust.

he's a horrible person in the super right wing sense, he has no standards

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Simiain posted:

What the gently caress....

They're right, 3 is amazing. I think 1 just beats it for being the original, but 3 has a gorgeous art style and the voice acting is perfect. The only weak section is the weird ship combat minigame which you can set to just run automatically.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
The final puzzle of 3 is pretty clunky and compared to the :psyboom: that MI2's ending was, the ending sequence of 3 is pretty bland. Also, I never pictured LeChuck's voice as a goofy ham in the first two, although I think stuff like that is a problem with VA in video games in general.

E: 3's art style is gorgeous and absolutely nails the feel while not being just a recreation of the first two, though, and most of the rest of the game is a worthy as hell sequel.

Whybird has a new favorite as of 12:16 on Mar 2, 2022

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

There's no "probably" about it, 3 is better than the rest of the series combined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY

Come on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I thought you guys were making up a running joke about something called Monkey Island but I guess it’s real and dozens of you know all about it. You all make me feel like I slipped into an alternate universe sometimes