Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

*pfft* Wait until it's Kissinger saying it before I start thinking about the canned sunshine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

small dogs yelp the... loudest?? wait that cant be right

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Truss would absolutely push for it despite having no idea what it is.

She's so thick it's kind of terrifying.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
im no putin shill but i think having a war with russia is maybe a bad idea.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
it's just what we need to bring us out of the covid slump and show off global britain

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

keep punching joe posted:

Sounds like what a Putin would say /D&D

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Sorry but you're now expelled from the Labour party

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

This gave me a little chuckle

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1498406557037518860?s=21

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

predictable but still grim

https://twitter.com/joncstone/status/1498604421898506245?s=20&t=v9AKSy3EVbd1t5-JGq1mnw

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1498306911074238465?t=vralKVwtHOOE5WBPdaB2JA&s=19

electable

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Yeah that's a weird one to come out against

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Communist Thoughts posted:

Yeah that's a weird one to come out against

I mean, not really imo. There's been two+ decades of culture war against refugees and increasing hype about just murdering them on their way over after all. Yes the refugees are white and allied with us now, and that's causing lots of internal fighting I assume. It's not like they are going to openly say "no it's fine, white refugees are okay with us".

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1498697473216421893

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
what poor bastard is emigrating to lincolnshire?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

what poor bastard is emigrating to lincolnshire?

there's a lot of agriculture and food factories I think, my friend used to live in Boston and apparently it had the highest proportion of eastern European people in the UK

the guy should be glad for them though, no one else is moving there

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

gonadic io posted:

It's not like they are going to openly say "no it's fine, white refugees are okay with us".
that’s pretty much what the news is saying though

https://twitter.com/non_philosophy/status/1498000420815396872

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/lukeakehurst/status/1498768437065228288?s=21

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

"i do NOT gently caress goats, i make love to them"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmfao

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1498791613849640962?s=20&t=NOzn9TlSdYbC7mpX7wE_DA

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I support the government but think it should go further,

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's a good thing the pro-nuke guy ended up being Prime Minister instead of He Who Must Not Be Named.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

you can tell he's electable because he's got that permanent "ah gently caress I've shat myself" face

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

It's a good thing the pro-nuke guy ended up being Prime Minister instead of He Who Must Not Be Named.

right now it's the tory PM carrying the corbyn 'let's not go starting a nuclear war' torch lol

at the very least the US seems to have it head screwed on straight regarding intervention atm, at least as far as understanding the consequences of blowing up russian jets. another situation where I genuinely just do not understand the thought processes of some people I'd really thought would have known better

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
it's a stunt. look at the breakdown, it's super popular in leave areas where labour knows it needs the most ground to gain. they don't sincerely want it and know they won't get it.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Invading countries that can't fight back has also really warped a lot of people's perception of what war actually looks like. They just assume it would be like the last 20 years but in Ukraine.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

CoolCab posted:

it's a stunt. look at the breakdown, it's super popular in leave areas where labour knows it needs the most ground to gain. they don't sincerely want it and know they won't get it.
at some point, the tories will be led by a starmer-esque weakling and labour will obviously also be led by a starmer-esque weakling and they'll one-up each other into an untenable position but will be to cowardly to back out and then we'll all die

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CoolCab posted:

liberals love war.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CoolCab posted:

it is? basically nobody thinks its a good idea

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they'd deserve it for backing down tbh

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1498920250661814273?s=20&t=nuktY3DBGUU0EL3hv1rNhg

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Flipswitch posted:

Invading countries that can't fight back has also really warped a lot of people's perception of what war actually looks like. They just assume it would be like the last 20 years but in Ukraine.

Can hardly blame them for that, war since the early 90s has been superpower invades poor country, brutalises farmers. It's actually fairly shocking just how innefective the military and tactics of the supposed 2nd power in the world is when up against a nation with somewhat comparable weaponry.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

"People who LOOK and live like us..."

jiggerypokery has issued a correction as of 10:31 on Mar 2, 2022

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

gonadic io posted:

I mean, not really imo. There's been two+ decades of culture war against refugees and increasing hype about just murdering them on their way over after all. Yes the refugees are white and allied with us now, and that's causing lots of internal fighting I assume. It's not like they are going to openly say "no it's fine, white refugees are okay with us".

Is the fact that Ukrainians are white really likely to make much difference to a government that delivered Brexit, which was partly premised on preventing immigration of Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

upsidedown posted:

Is the fact that Ukrainians are white really likely to make much difference to a government that delivered Brexit, which was partly premised on preventing immigration of Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians?

All of these cretins have one burnt-out brain cell between them.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

upsidedown posted:

Well, quite, which is why they have not been especially accepted and visa restrictions have not been especially lifted.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CoolCab posted:

Yeah, since when has pursuing a policy popular in those areas but not actually wanted by the political establishment ever blown up in people's faces? They wouldn't *actually* do it, right?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

im gonna kiss the queen

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Don't do it you'll catch covid

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

I Love Loosies posted:

Don't do it you'll catch covid
it needs a living host past a day or so

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

im gonna kiss the queen

reported for necrophilia u sick gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they really don'tgive a poo poo about anything other than kicking the left

https://twitter.com/siennamarla/status/1499015343938973702?s=20&t=RibnCBaTfP2spRq5ordkTA