Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Give us a new Kirby's Tilt and Tumble you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I'm fine with doomslayer just being an outfit in Smash, but I do wish he was an actual character, if only for the Kirby transformation.

Suck and blow, until it is done.

Kirby is kind of a cute cacodemon, so doomslayer is there in spirit.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

You know what game has good combat?

Fuckin DOOM, friends! :black101:

It's really good op. Every battle is intense and the build is so gradual that you always feel overpowered but you always end up progressing.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Thanks for all the recommendations :D

It's kind of sad. I haven't heard of many point and click adventure games available on Switch. If you want ones made for people under 10, the Humungous Entertainment set of games like Freddi Fish and Spy Fox got uploaded to the Switch store last month. Other than that, it's real slim pickings.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Once Kirby takes the world by storm and sells 30 million copies how many games do you think will incorporate Vending Machine combat?

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

Any recommendations for a carry case that'll hold the Switch + Hori Split Pad Pro attached? Fair number on Amazon to choose from

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Also they should make another Pokemon TCG video game.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

Pungry posted:

It's kind of sad. I haven't heard of many point and click adventure games available on Switch. If you want ones made for people under 10, the Humungous Entertainment set of games like Freddi Fish and Spy Fox got uploaded to the Switch store last month. Other than that, it's real slim pickings.

There are also at least a couple Syberia games, those are very good and very much old school point n click. I think someone said Truberbrook was ok too, but not fantastic. It sucks because there are tons of great adventure games for iOS and Android that would be perfect for switch but just haven’t made the leap. Wadjet Eye, I’m talking to you.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Foul Fowl posted:

mouthful mode is how i would describe people's posting about nintendo in this thread

Thread title please

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Yeah I am tempted just to go back to my Vita and use SCUMMVM for point and click

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

roomtwofifteen posted:

Any recommendations for a carry case that'll hold the Switch + Hori Split Pad Pro attached? Fair number on Amazon to choose from

The one with the least randomly generated brand name

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

roomtwofifteen posted:

I have the Tomtoc one. It's big (like the Split Pad Pro), but works well.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hatty posted:

I like it better than Elder Scrolls, GTA, Fallout, and Assassin's Creed. I like how dynamic it can feel if you use all the environmental tools you have

I mean I think comparing it to different combat styles like GTA is a bit weird, there isn’t much overlap there. But if you were sure I guess but that’s more because I think GTA combat is actively bad

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
let's talk about games with good combat, like star fox 64

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Zurtilik posted:

Also they should make another Pokemon TCG video game.

They did but it's not on consoles for some idiot reason

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!

Looper posted:

Star Fox 64 makes me sad to think about, because modern game developers are no longer capable of making a game that good. Their ability has atrophied. It’s similar to Super Monkey Ball in that regard.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

flavor.flv posted:

They did but it's not on consoles for some idiot reason

That idiot reason is mobile gamers

Mobile gamers are very stupid and their idiotic personal decisions continue to shape all of gaming for the worst

*Some mobile gamers as I understand a small fraction spends the bulk of the money. Just like alcohol sales I guess except alcohol is pretty chill and cool

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 2, 2022

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Zurtilik posted:

Once Kirby takes the world by storm and sells 30 million copies how many games do you think will incorporate Vending Machine combat?

Star Fox gets reinvented as a Vending Machine shooter. Shoot cans of grape juice & potato chips at Andross' fast food army.

Slippy's machine is always clogged with Fritos & Mountain Dew.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey thread, talk to me about pinball games. I got a hankerin'.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Pokemon Pinball coming to the Gameboy Virtual Console on Nintendo Switch in 2024!

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

IIRC I think the mobile Pokemon TCG at least lets you upload any real cards you buy into your account for online play

I'm sure there's some scummy poo poo too but they've at least done the bare minimum of letting you take your collection online

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Looper posted:

The perfect game. What else is there to say?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Woah Pikmin 3 Missions don't gently caress around. I got the first 5 Treasure Hunts on Platinum after a bit of trouble with a level or two, but the remixes are intense and I tried my first Enemy rush and what the heck. I think I'm going to renounce trying for platinum's for now and just try to beat them.

The Olimar stuff was not this intense.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Palmtree Panic posted:

Star Fox gets reinvented as a Vending Machine shooter. Shoot cans of grape juice & potato chips at Andross' fast food army.

Slippy's machine is always clogged with Fritos & Mountain Dew.

I mean, you could already encounter a slot machine in the SNES game, so that's pretty close:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oEOaXCsrao

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I'm fine with doomslayer just being an outfit in Smash, but I do wish he was an actual character, if only for the Kirby transformation.

Suck and blow, until it is done.

let's suck and bloooooow

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Inzombiac posted:

Hey thread, talk to me about pinball games. I got a hankerin'.

Demon tilt is OK if a bit busy. It has objectives and high scores and such. It goes on sale pretty frequently so I'd wait before putting money on it.

The aesthetic is neat and the physics feel good.

Also Yokus island express is basically a no brainer must own on Switch. It's fantastic.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

EDF2 and 3 on the Switch (in English) when

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I was about to post "Bethesda, please just put one Fallout game on the switch," then I remembered they ported over that lovely cookie clicker-rear end mobile game

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Oscar Wild posted:

Demon tilt is OK if a bit busy. It has objectives and high scores and such. It goes on sale pretty frequently so I'd wait before putting money on it.

The aesthetic is neat and the physics feel good.

Also Yokus island express is basically a no brainer must own on Switch. It's fantastic.

No offense, these are fine games but the last thing I’d recommend to someone just asking about pinball games on Switch.

OP get the Zen, Zaccaria, and even Pinball Arcade games. They all have free demos. Tons of traditional and even real-life tables.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Oh hey, Nintendo Switch is 5 years old tomorrow (03/03/2022)

Here's a fun thread where people poo poo on the Switch.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/betting-time-do-you-think-the-switch-will-be-a-success.1333545/

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

glassyalabolas posted:

Oh hey, Nintendo Switch is 5 years old tomorrow (03/03/2022)

Here's a fun thread where people poo poo on the Switch.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/betting-time-do-you-think-the-switch-will-be-a-success.1333545/

Love the person in there saying “it’s not gonna be $300 forever people”

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The Pirate Captain posted:

Take a minute and look at how defensive you’re being about a stranger on the internet who doesn’t think your game is perfect.

Anything I disagree with = asinine garbage

Actually I know Breath of the Wild is not perfect because on release smarter gamers than me realised that no game can be 100% perfect therefore any 10/10 reviews are bunk.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

even smarter people have realized that because no game can be perfect, a 100% score would never be applicable, and so that's not what a 10/10 review means

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Is Doom Eternal good on Switch?

e: bought it anyway

spiritual bypass fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 3, 2022

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

cum jabbar posted:

Is Doom Eternal good on Switch?

e: bought it anyway

still need to play first DOOM

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i'm kind of mad at how much I suck at doom 2016 on the switch. I've played a few shooters so I'm used to using motion controls for quick adjustments and I've finished 2016 PC on nightmare, albeit with a lot of struggle but even hurt me plenty is kicking my rear end right now. I'm using the "knuckles" custom button mapping because I think having melee be on R3 is stupid as hell but its not ideal.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm really missing motion controls in Majora's Mask right now.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I am tempted just to go back to my Vita and use SCUMMVM for point and click

I’ve definitely asked you this before so I apologize, but since someone else recommended it, have you finished disco elysium? Cause yeah that’s the best point and click game ever basically

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Quest for Glory (VGA remake), Space Quest 4 and 5 for all time baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Does anyone know for Square-Enix games whether they unlock at 12EST (like Nintendo games) or 12PST (like SMTV did)? Triangle Strategy comes out Friday; I normally play games right when they unlock but I was very annoyed when SMT didn’t until 2am my time so I need to know if I should take a nap and play through the night