Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

PWInsider posted another report just today reconfirming it.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=156378

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

DarkstarIV posted:

PWInsider posted another report just today reconfirming it.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=156378

Ah.

SRS is apparently giving his report soon (the show is currently running)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Tampa Bae posted:

Wendy Choo

Ham sandwich?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Tampa Bae posted:

There's a lot of Japanese wrestlers in WWE that aren't being used right now outside of Asuka, I think it's a WWE problem.

e: Xia Li and Wendy Choo

Xia and Wendy are Chinese and Chinese-American respectively, but yeah, it's still likely a WWE problem.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Ham sandwich?

DENTAL PLAN

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I used to love Alexa in her old gimmick, and in theory an evil Alexa might work, it's not like wrestling has never had goofy spooky supernatural characters before now. But then they decided she should dress like a child, and talk like a child, and sit on swingsets and rocking horses, and carry around a doll :gonk: So it became creepy, and not the scary kind of creepy, the gross kind of creepy. But then the Lily dolls apparently sold like crazy so I guess a lot of the audience loved that garbage.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Wrestlemania is like 5 weeks away, they already have Becky, Bianca, Charlotte, Ronda, Zelina, Carmella, Sasha, and Naomi are all locked into matches at the moment. What is Asuka or Bayley going to do if they come back before Mania besides squash somebody on the undercard?

Save them for the Raw after Mania.

Random matches don't add anything to the Wrestlemania card. Each night is already going to be incredibly long as it is. A simple squash match can easily add 20 minutes to each show.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

dromal phrenia posted:

I used to love Alexa in her old gimmick, and in theory an evil Alexa might work, it's not like wrestling has never had goofy spooky supernatural characters before now. But then they decided she should dress like a child, and talk like a child, and sit on swingsets and rocking horses, and carry around a doll :gonk: So it became creepy, and not the scary kind of creepy, the gross kind of creepy. But then the Lily dolls apparently sold like crazy so I guess a lot of the audience loved that garbage.
This sounds like the kinda thing that got the vtuber thread shut down

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Astro7x posted:

Wrestlemania is like 5 weeks away, they already have Becky, Bianca, Charlotte, Ronda, Zelina, Carmella, Sasha, and Naomi are all locked into matches at the moment. What is Asuka or Bayley going to do if they come back before Mania besides squash somebody on the undercard?

Save them for the Raw after Mania.

Random matches don't add anything to the Wrestlemania card. Each night is already going to be incredibly long as it is. A simple squash match can easily add 20 minutes to each show.

The RAW after Mania hasn't been special since 2019 at the very least. And the fact that Asuka in particular has apparently been cleared for awhile yet they could not be assed to find something for her is complete poo poo and shows WWE doesn't care about her. But then they could find something for Sasha to do despite her incredibly random and long hiatuses.

They could EASILY find something for Asuka to do in a major program at Mania. All it would require is for WWE to stop recapping a segment that happened like 10 minutes after it happened.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Sasha’s big program is “randomly teaming up with Bianca to go after the meaningless tag belts a month before Wrestlemania” so it seems like coming up with something interesting is just a problem for anyone outside of the title picture. Bayley didn’t have anything to do last year, I’m not aware of anything happening involving Rhea, etc

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Nia Jax comparing the Ukraine situation to wearing masks right now, in case you were in any doubt she's garbage

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

don't think anyone here was in doubt

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

A question re: Asuka. But can also be read more generally with regards to non US wrestlers.

Lets say Asuka gets fired/quits and tries to go to AEW, (or indeed another company). How does that work with her visa? Does the new company have to sponsor her, and go through all the paperwork and hassle that is getting her a new work visa? Lets say she has time left on her original visa, can that be transferred to a new different company? Is it easier to get a work visa renewed than it is to start from scratch and get a new one? Would all these work visa shenanigans be considered an extra burden for a new company to take on in hiring foreign workers/incentive for said foreign workers to stay at their jobs even if they are not 100% satisfied?

Sorry if these are silly questions.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

DarkstarIV posted:

The RAW after Mania hasn't been special since 2019 at the very least.
2019 as in the last time the raw after mania had live attendance at all? Which it will have again this year?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

0konner posted:

2019 as in the last time the raw after mania had live attendance at all? Which it will have again this year?

Are you asking or telling?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I remember that with the iconics, they needed to find visa sponsorship quickly after they were released from wwe

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV Zombie posted:

I remember that with the iconics, they needed to find visa sponsorship quickly after they were released from wwe

So did 2point0. And Cesar Bononi.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
To be honest, if Asuka were released or quit, I don't think she would be jobless for long. I think Impact or AEW would snap her up in a heartbeat.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I'd love to see Asuka in AEW, not sure that she wouldn't just want to return to Japan though. Especially with people saying she seems lonely in her videos.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

AEW or Japan, I just want to see her have a match with Maki Ito before she retires

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

e: whoops ignore me thought this was a different thread and we were talking about Kairi Hojo

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fightful Select is saying that Asuka will be back "around the Spring, optimistically".

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1499168163212283914

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

xbilkis posted:

Sasha’s big program is “randomly teaming up with Bianca to go after the meaningless tag belts a month before Wrestlemania” so it seems like coming up with something interesting is just a problem for anyone outside of the title picture. Bayley didn’t have anything to do last year, I’m not aware of anything happening involving Rhea, etc

That's what I'm talking about. People are like "put Asuka in anything" but if that means some nothing match against Dana Brooke or Tamina, gently caress that. It's Wrestlemania. I don't need the whole event stretched out even more for random matches with no build. Everyone doesn't need to be on the card and thrown on last minute. That's what the battle royals are for.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
the point is that there's a lot of people that are very talented that they should be doing big important angles with, not that they should be using saud talented people in the lovely uninteresting thrown together angles they've been doing for years

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

I guess revulsion is a form of fascination, sure

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Not super surprising. Pat has had Aaron rodgers on constantly. I can only assume his show has a larger audience than wwe so he has leverage to make vince hear and grunt at real questions.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"So did you spend much time in forests as a kid, Vince?"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

0konner posted:

Last RAW-after-Mania worth a drat was '16 because they made AJ Styles #1 contender out of (at the time) absolute nowhere.

e: thought 2017 had the crowd booing Roman for 10 straight minutes

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Xia and Wendy are Chinese and Chinese-American respectively, but yeah, it's still likely a WWE problem.

Considering the racist-rear end bullshit we get when they are booked, I'd rather they be in a position where they're getting paid, while being relatively safe from injury and with their dignity and self-respect intact.

But yes, funny how just about every Asian worker they have on their roster is sidelined.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE has one less competitor with ROH now just a brand!

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

"So did you spend much time in forests as a kid, Vince?"

Lmfao

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE has one less competitor with ROH now just a brand!

You say that, but put ROH up against NXT 2.0 in the same time slot and watch it win

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/WrestleCringe/status/1499152379110989827?t=zIF7qn7xnU7YkrhPxX-USA&s=19

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fanene is a dumb name

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

NienNunb posted:

Fanene is a dumb name

it's samoan and her actual last name

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

flatluigi posted:

it's samoan and her actual last name

People of all races and nations can have bad names.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Malcolm Excellent posted:

People of all races and nations can have bad names.

NienNunb posted:

Fanene is a dumb name

Ha ha ha, look at the brown person name, ha ha ha.

Go and get hosed.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 3, 2022

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tatum paxley