Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the strongest bug?
This poll is closed.
Praying mantis 91 21.06%
🐜 71 16.44%
🦂 56 12.96%
🕷 46 10.65%
🦎 101 23.38%
Centipede 67 15.51%
Total: 432 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Majorian posted:

She spoke at my sister's college graduation before Obama got elected. I wish I had known at the time how repugnant she is so I could have, I dunno, farted in her face or something.

she's done a good job covering her more heinous opinions, my wife thinks she's great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Someone who's american history education ended at MAYBE world war 2 and even then it's questionable. What wars has america actually won?

Before WWII? A fair number. After WWII? Not as many, always against much weaker foes.

Dreylad posted:

she's done a good job covering her more heinous opinions, my wife thinks she's great

I mean, she is a girlboss, you can't take that away from her.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1499262573409091589?s=20&t=gNL_HPQpYZGj--N30Z-XDQ

THE RUSSIANS HAVE BEGUN DEPLOYING PROPAGANDA

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

big if true

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Majorian posted:

I mean, she is a girlboss, you can't take that away from her.

i need to do a samantha power chrystia freeland team up t-shirt run and grift some liberals for a few thousand bucks

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

what's the score? who's winning?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

toggle posted:

we're all losing OP

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

toggle posted:

obviously this'll be over soon, there's no way they can hide in the jungle forever, and if they do we'll just flatten everything

such a small country can't stand up to a world power it should be over soon

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Someone who's american history education ended at MAYBE world war 2 and even then it's questionable. What wars has america actually won?

depends how you define win. like accomplish an objective? hard to say since we rarely have a goal

inflicting maximal damage and s-tier body counts? all of them.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

BrotherJayne posted:

Hmmm, we won WW1, and the Gulf War at least

"However, their arrival exposed weaknesses in American tactical doctrine, which was based on pre-1914 principles, a world away from the Combined arms approach used by the French and British in 1918.[179] US commanders were initially slow to accept such ideas, limiting their effectiveness and leading to heavy casualties; it was not until the last month of the war that these failings were rectified."

Doesn't sound like a solid win to me especially since it ended shortly when we joined at the last minute

Gulf War was a war we entered and I guess it was successful per-se, but america poo poo in its own sandbox earlier on and could have avoided the gulf war if we didn't mess around in the Soviet–Afghan War

Bip Roberts posted:

Mexican American war and Spanish American wars we're pretty clear victories by the standard definition.

But those are close to 150 years ago

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MaximEristavi/status/1498700850461564931?s=20&t=gNL_HPQpYZGj--N30Z-XDQ

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Honestly what's the point of having a ballistic missile shield if we don't test it?

Nuke Russia, see what they do... and test out the shield. Drop some nukes down on Moscow, you've got a few million dead Russkis. Everyone wins!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/1499077601712869379?s=20&t=ohykR51-CYqzUtiWVMtJMA

https://twitter.com/WishingforCure/status/1499081801356038144

so basicaly this is the fye festival of invasions.

i am honestly shocked how they managed to gently caress this up and i am happy at how courageous the Ukrainians are.
:ukraine::ukraine::ukraine:

The Russians have made grievous unforced errors, but they wouldn't necessarily be game-losing if the Ukrainians weren't fighting them tooth and nail. It cannot be understated how loving hard the Ukrainians are fighting.

Give 'em Hell, Zippy :blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat:

For some reason I always imagine the guy quoted in paul_soccer12's post as a man with a 10 year old's head. Dude isn't really any more ignorant than most other D&Ders, but in his case it's in an almost child-like way. Like there's just nothing at all going on up there and all the news is being processed like it's an episode of Blue's Clues

Nonsense posted:

I tire of Zelensky.

I don't get how people see the stuff this guy is saying and think "hell yeah, a hero!" He just sounds like some sort of over-enthusiastic poster.

I mean, I guess I'm lying here, since I do get it - they just view all this stuff like it's an action movie.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

idgi

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

that last little line is pretty loving jarring lmoa

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

some Ukrainian forces pushed out from Kyiv and attacked the Russian column

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

I don't get how people see the stuff this guy is saying and think "hell yeah, a hero!" He just sounds like some sort of over-enthusiastic poster.

I mean, I guess I'm lying here, since I do get it - they just view all this stuff like it's an action movie.

No, reread what you wrote. They are projecting heroism onto Big Posting Energy because that's what they're doing.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

SourKraut posted:

Jesus Christ you guys really love Russia.

we don’t love Russia we gently caress it that’s all.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Vox Nihili posted:

that last little line is pretty loving jarring lmoa

lmao the replies

They all want nuclear armageddon so bad.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

She's from USAID, which is just an alternate spelling of CIA

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Majorian posted:

lmao the replies

They all want nuclear armageddon so bad.

There are worse things honestly than nuclear armageddon.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Endman posted:

She's from USAID, which is just an alternate spelling of CIA

USAID is pronounced “you said”

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jesus Christ I really love Russia.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

SourKraut posted:

Shut Up BitchBoy Nobody Asked You

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Looks like urine puddle

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SourKraut posted:

true, you could be tortured to death, vivisected, forced to read Shakespeare, play warhammer 9th edition...

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1498991599002476544

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

BULBASAUR posted:

true, you could be tortured to death, vivisected, forced to read Shakespeare, play warhammer 9th edition...

:hmmyes:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

no fly zone isn’t on the table. it’s a shame as it would be neat to see the f35 in action (and nuclear hellfire)

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
see, russia hasn't really used its air force much, apparently only 75~ aircraft. one wonders why. perhaps they could unleash the air force but they'll be using a lot of dumb bombs which they might not want to do, which indicates the russians are showing a remarkable amount of restraint toward hitting civilians, and way more than the U.S. did in iraq and afghanistan. or they might be holding the bulk of the air force back until they have a good picture of the enemy AA capabilities, or maybe they will wait until large numbers of ukrainian troops are safely kettled and then they can start the bombing

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

SourKraut posted:

lol, I'm gonna pray for nuclear war so humanity ends. Launch all the nukes. Let's bake this poo poo.

How much death and destruction does 5,000 warheads get us? Because let's start a war and see for ourselves.

are you ok friend?

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/lonelyredcurl/status/1499064649391562752

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

classic projection

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

i can feel the russian love drippin from this post, get a room

Endman
May 18, 2010

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

see, russia hasn't really used its air force much, apparently only 75~ aircraft. one wonders why. perhaps they could unleash the air force but they'll be using a lot of dumb bombs which they might not want to do, which indicates the russians are showing a remarkable amount of restraint toward hitting civilians, and way more than the U.S. did in iraq and afghanistan. or they might be holding the bulk of the air force back until they have a good picture of the enemy AA capabilities, or maybe they will wait until large numbers of ukrainian troops are safely kettled and then they can start the bombing

I think someone mentioned a million posts back that they're not using their tankers because they're being used to keep nuclear readiness up, so they can't sustain air operations over a huge amount of Ukraine, but I could be mistaken.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

creative whataboutism, as a movement

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Whomst amongst us doesn't have a few extra bank accounts registered in the Virgin Islands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

mawarannahr posted:

creative whataboutism, as a movement

banksy has done it again!