Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

They should set up a rival Start The War campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
luke akehurst can only get so erect

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
So that's why they call him Luke the nuke

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Pipski posted:

They should set up a rival Start The War campaign.
|/

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

keep punching joe posted:

Can hardly blame them for that, war since the early 90s has been superpower invades poor country, brutalises farmers. It's actually fairly shocking just how innefective the military and tactics of the supposed 2nd power in the world is when up against a nation with somewhat comparable weaponry.

what ? You think russia is ineffective?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
https://twitter.com/jeremybenthem1/status/1498950130099228672?s=20&t=0swUq0RwACtTtUzxCPKl7w

daytime tv in the uk chill vibes

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol what the gently caress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

remember when the UK kicked all the poles out less than a decade ago

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jeremy vine owns

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

you literally have a prime minister named Boris (Russian name). y do you love russia?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/geraldstratfor3/status/1498981814433722374?s=20

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Southpaugh posted:

The Russian military has seriously underperformed in this invasion compared to what was expected, they've lost thousands of troops and are losing hundreds of vehicles per day

They will probably end up winning the war, but it will likely be an incomplete victory and there's no chance they can occupy the entire country given the levels of resistance seen (Donbas and Crimea are probably firmly Russian now though)

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

PawParole posted:

you literally have a prime minister named Boris (Russian name). y do you love russia?

The UK only loves Russian money, get your facts straight.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If you got your info stolen during that Labour data bteach this company are doing a mass action lawsuit. They say they'll take 25% of whatever money you get for winning and no fee if not

https://kellerlenkner-databreach.co.uk/labour-party/

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Jose posted:

If you got your info stolen during that Labour data bteach this company are doing a mass action lawsuit. They say they'll take 25% of whatever money you get for winning and no fee if not

https://kellerlenkner-databreach.co.uk/labour-party/

How do I find out if they lost my data? Totally down for taking money off the labour party

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Barry Foster posted:

How do I find out if they lost my data? Totally down for taking money off the labour party

They would have emailed you notifying you of the breach.

Which annoyingly I can't seem to find now, only the sniffy reply that I sent to them.

keep punching joe has issued a correction as of 10:11 on Mar 3, 2022

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

an email went out at the time saying 'welp data breach' but if you haven't kept it I don't think they'll take your case

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ah lame

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

kecske posted:

an email went out at the time saying 'welp data breach' but if you haven't kept it I don't think they'll take your case

Do you happen to know the sent from address, gmail is hideous to search through.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Privacy@labour.org.uk is who mine came from

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Do you happen to know the sent from address, gmail is hideous to search through.

Mine also came from privacy@labour.org.uk and was dated 3/11/2021

Ed: Is this likely to require much work from me or just fill in that form and send the email? Half of me can't be bothered, but half of me wants to give Starmer a metaphorical punch on the nose. (Note the METAPHORICAL hofficer / GCHQ SA handlers! I am not actually physically threatening the esteemed LOTO).

Jaeluni Asjil has issued a correction as of 10:59 on Mar 3, 2022

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I got the same one! Was the text as such:

quote:

Dear Sir / Madam,

We are writing to you to let you know that a third party that handles data on our behalf has been subject to a cyber incident. While the Party’s investigation remains ongoing, we wanted to make you aware of this incident and the measures which we have taken in response. We have also provided details of precautionary steps you may consider taking to help protect yourself.

What happened?

On 29 October 2021, we were informed of the cyber incident by the third party. The third party told us that the incident had resulted in a significant quantity of Party data being rendered inaccessible on their systems. As soon as the Party was notified of these matters, we engaged third-party experts and the incident was immediately reported to the relevant authorities, including the National Crime Agency (NCA), National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The Party continues to work closely with each of these authorities. The Party is also working closely and on an urgent basis with the third party in order to understand the full nature, circumstances and impact of the incident. The Party’s own data systems were unaffected by this incident.

What information was involved?

We understand that the data includes information provided to the Party by its members, registered and affiliated supporters, and other individuals who have provided their information to the Party. The full scope and impact of the incident is being urgently investigated.

What are the Labour Party doing?

The Party takes the security of all personal information for which it is responsible very seriously. It is doing everything within its power to investigate and address this incident in close liaison with law enforcement, the Information Commissioner’s Office and the affected third party.

What you can do

With incidents of this nature becoming increasingly common, it is more important than ever to remain vigilant against suspicious activity. As an immediate precaution, and in line with National Cyber Security Centre guidance, we recommend you take the following steps to protect yourself:

Be especially vigilant against suspicious activity, including suspicious emails, phone calls or text messages. The National Cyber Security Centre has published advice regarding suspicious emails on its website: https://ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/suspicious-email-actions
If you have received an email which you’re not quite sure about, forward it to the Suspicious Email Reporting Service (SERS) via report@phishing.gov.uk.
You can also implement two-factor authentication (2FA) where possible to protect your online accounts from unauthorised access as described in the following publication on the National Cyber Security Centre’s website: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/setting-two-factor-authentication-2fa
Additional guidance about what to watch out for online can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/data-breaches

For more information

If you have any questions or queries in relation to this incident, please direct them to privacy@labour.org.uk. We will also provide updates on our website in respect of this incident in line with guidance received from relevant law enforcement authorities.

Kind regards,

The Labour Party

nowhere does it say that I, specifically, had my data stolen, though...

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

As I suspected, bizarrely it appears to have been one of the few emails that I have ever deleted from that dumb account.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Rip your chance at joining in potentially killing that dogshit party

This is a labour hq installed mayor of Liverpool

https://twitter.com/CllrSamGorst/status/1499318446097637382?t=e3of8P6ipuXE8MHoghIDSA&s=19

Jose has issued a correction as of 11:03 on Mar 3, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ed: Is this likely to require much work from me or just fill in that form and send the email? Half of me can't be bothered, but half of me wants to give Starmer a metaphorical punch on the nose. (Note the METAPHORICAL hofficer / GCHQ SA handlers! I am not actually physically threatening the esteemed LOTO).

as far as i can tell yoiu just fill in the form and give them your copy of the email and that'll be that. Either they abandon the action/lose and you don't pay them or they win and they get a 25% cut of the winning fee as far as i can tell. This is a legal organisation who've had great success in the US contesting forced arbitration if you google them

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

as far as i can tell yoiu just fill in the form and give them your copy of the email and that'll be that. Either they abandon the action/lose and you don't pay them or they win and they get a 25% cut of the winning fee as far as i can tell. This is a legal organisation who've had great success in the US contesting forced arbitration if you google them

I hope so, cos I just signed up for this poo poo and don't wanna get, like, counter-sued or something lol

I don't know how the law works

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've sent it off mostly in the hopes of bankrupting and killing the party

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

same, any dolla will just be a bonus

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
They will get bailed out by someone like Gazprom. The Labour leadership will not see a problem with this.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

the way labour and the country is becoming so toxic is that there is a real risk that you could be targeted by right wing psychos thanks to this data breach too

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jose posted:

I'm expecting £600k as that is what the so-called 'whistleblowers' who actually created their own mess got.

(In my dreams).

Ed: Having read the agreement in detail, I've abandoned mine despite the reassurances from the lawyers!

Jaeluni Asjil has issued a correction as of 12:24 on Mar 3, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'm expecting £600k as that is what the so-called 'whistleblowers' who actually created their own mess got.

(In my dreams).

Ed: Having read the agreement in detail, I've abandoned mine despite the reassurances from the lawyers!

Understandable. I've got 14 days to cancel anyway if I change my mind

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/ukblm/status/1499350578526367748 (more details in the thread)

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Queen status: Wizard of Oz/AI Deepfake

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/1499372192617963523

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Southpaugh posted:

not totally, they're certainly effective at slaughtering civilians, getting stuck in mud, surrendering, getting isolated by the international community, and torpedoing their own economy.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Easier when you only have to render one angle

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

render unto caesar

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

MikeCrotch posted:

The Russian military has seriously underperformed in this invasion compared to what was expected, they've lost thousands of troops and are losing hundreds of vehicles per day

They will probably end up winning the war, but it will likely be an incomplete victory and there's no chance they can occupy the entire country given the levels of resistance seen (Donbas and Crimea are probably firmly Russian now though)

not totally, they're certainly effective at slaughtering civilians, getting stuck in mud, surrendering, getting isolated by the international community, and torpedoing their own economy.

Lol you loving idiot liberals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

actually you'll find the Ukraine war is a massive PR victory for Russia