Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

this guy has seen horror movies

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the "*sigh* Ukraine" at the end is :perfect:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

that number *is* high-balling things, but yeah british empire was megadeath as business and we've all sort of forgotten about it lol

and people still worship Winston Churchill lol

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

state control allows good decisions that pay off after more than a lifetime

"if we replant the west with 100,000,000 trees it will cost 1% of our GDP now then in 80 years we anticipate changes to humidity and lessening of erosion will add 4% arable land to China" and they go yeah we can do that that's a good deal for our grandkids or w.e

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

and people still worship Winston Churchill lol

Probably because they haven't really listened to any of his speeches.

They loving suck.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Antonymous posted:

"if we replant the west with 100,000,000 trees it will cost 1% of our GDP now then in 80 years we anticipate changes to humidity and lessening of erosion will add 4% arable land to China" and they go yeah we can do that that's a good deal for our grandkids or w.e

there’s going to be so much egg on their faces when they figure out climate change isn’t real :rolleyes:

Jeff Fatwood
Jun 17, 2013

:wtc: lmao

Doctor Jeep posted:

the "*sigh* Ukraine" at the end is :perfect:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Antonymous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iSy_Nx94U0

The first four minutes of this episode show that replanting a desert area increased rainfall after 30 years. Wild stuff.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

using robots to plant trees instead of using robots to shoot children? sounds sus to me

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Is there some website that talks about the recent olympics and how they implemented their covid measures with their have to impress all the guest goal? Like how many if any got a positive case or discussing why this or that location was chosen.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1499810689665454089?cxt=HHwWksC-vYf4stApAAAA

If you put it like that

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chamale posted:

This was all I could think of when I saw that

holy gently caress

Chamale posted:

That's the total of excess infant mortality when you consider the higher rate of infant death under British rule. There's an Indian economist who calculated that the total number of deaths caused by poverty under the British Raj was 1.8 billion.

holy gently caress is there even a word for that?? :stonklol:

giga-genocide?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

speaking of trees, a local park in my neighborhood just got overhauled. they put in exercise bikes with solar panels on top, some other fancy exercise equipment, a nice public toilet, and now every tree in the park is tagged with a qr code. i scanned one of the codes and this popped up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fart simpson posted:

speaking of trees, a local park in my neighborhood just got overhauled. they put in exercise bikes with solar panels on top, some other fancy exercise equipment, a nice public toilet, and now every tree in the park is tagged with a qr code. i scanned one of the codes and this popped up

i'll be damned if i let china plant trees here

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Just lol at capitalism literally causing desertification at unprecedented levels the world over and China through concerted government action reversing that poo poo.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
I remember stories of Japanese efforts to plant trees in China to reduce aeolian dust coming to Japan, but those dastardly Chinese just kept cutting them down!

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CeUFL1kzn0

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Chinese crossfit is pretty rad. And the fees are covered!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

They loving suck.

Churchill was a filthy drunk and you could hear it in all of his speeches.

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Cool, but I hope it is not just a boring monoculture for future logging, would be real nice to have a proper ecosystem there too.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

fart simpson posted:

what are the solar panels for? wouldn’t pedaling power the little computer

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Sun and rain protection while exercising?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

https://twitter.com/HarmlessYardDog/status/1495929807703797761?t=-FFSFIUHKjFOPBsWVPbj_w&s=19

Wanted to add that to your post last night. That is about 60% of the global fertilizer produced.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheGhanaWeb/status/1499409210295128064?s=20&t=LQ2PVJQ_xk7-25BUR9mnng

https://twitter.com/Sunderland_GM/status/1500080031434821636?s=20&t=LQ2PVJQ_xk7-25BUR9mnng

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

what is president xi’s plan for air conditioning all of the north China plain

gl I guess

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

indigi posted:

what are the solar panels for? wouldn’t pedaling power the little computer

idk, probably lighting at night i guess

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Zudgemud posted:

Cool, but I hope it is not just a boring monoculture for future logging, would be real nice to have a proper ecosystem there too.

An ecosystem can't be created all at once so easily, but if you add soil stability and a base trophic layer, more plants and animals moving in to the area isn't unreasonable

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

this rules

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol the end of dollar hegemony is nigh

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Raskolnikov38 posted:

It's legitimately scary how quickly the west can cut off and tank a country's economy. I'm sure that every country noticed.

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

:swoon:

no way those tankers would abandon their ztz88 on the side of a road

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

👏DE👏DOLLAR👏IZATION👏!!! 👏

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that was absolutely inevitable after the swift sanctions. there’s no going back now.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

I heard there is an imminent genocide in Ghana we need to establish a no fly zone and support the freedom fighters

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Lostconfused posted:

They loving suck.

What about his lovable bon mots? "Madam I may be- I'm washted, but ... you're an ugly bitch. You're ... loving bitsch."

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao this is exactly what would happen because of the swift snaction. Liberals are so God damned stupid

Zudgemud
Mar 1, 2009
Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

An ecosystem can't be created all at once so easily, but if you add soil stability and a base trophic layer, more plants and animals moving in to the area isn't unreasonable

Well no, not all at once, but over time you can get really nice results, see video below, though that is for a completely differet climate. I just thought it odd to start with trees instead of some other colonizing plants.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=3VZSJKbzyMc

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Zudgemud posted:

I just thought it odd to start with trees instead of some other colonizing plants.

how come? I don’t know anything about this subject but I’m very interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

What about his lovable bon mots? "Madam I may be- I'm washted, but ... you're an ugly bitch. You're ... loving bitsch."

even before realizing he was a scumbag I thought that often repeated example of his "wit" was pathetic
he was probably groping or just behaving like a drunk and she got tired of it