Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RBX posted:

Stasis Hunter will be slept on. Everybody is talking doing damage when the thing that will save runs is the damage reduction.

Stasis in general is being slept on.

The new exotic arms are pretty dang awesome. Duskfield is freakin' enormous and the damage reduction stacks with whisper of chains.

Warlocks have a crazy stasis build that might be even better though, built around coldsnaps. Based on youtube videos anyways, I don't have a warlock to have tried it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

J.A.B.C. posted:

If the game says 'leveling this gun allows its pattern to be extracted' instead of 'leveling this gun unlocks Deepsight Resonance to extract materials' and I extract it, it should unlock the pattern. Couching it behind even more steps beyond that is dumb.

Tarnation takes 2, other guns can take up to 5.

It wouldn't surprise me if this gets a rework in the coming weeks like they did with transmog.

Bungie definitely got the feedback, they are increasing wellspring drop rates for red border guns next week, which was one of the more pressing issues

I do feel that on the whole red border guns should be a bit more common than they are, and should only need 1 extraction.
At least once you got the pattern you never have to think about it again, and it is still fairly early in the expansion.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What's up with strike rewards? Been getting nothing but planetary materials and glimmer and no catalysts have dropped.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Strike rewards, specifically non nightfall strikes, were garbage blues the vast majority of time. If you are over soft cap for light level, those blues are turned into 2 legendary shards ("the most rewarding strikes in destiny history").

As for the catalysts, they are random drops with no way to influence or increase the drop chance.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I'm really hoping Vow will lean more towards Kingsfall or WoTM (simple but hard to execute) than Leviathan or Last Wish (symbols and gimmicks everywhere)
The whole campaign has been hive rune based, there's no way in hell they're not peppering the raid with that and deepsight.

RBX posted:

What's up with strike rewards? Been getting nothing but planetary materials and glimmer and no catalysts have dropped.
Someone theorised ages ago that new catalysts don't drop if you have too many old catalysts uncompleted. Not sure that's true, I have a bunch of crucible catalysts uncompleted and have had the outbbreak and monarque catalysts drop. Outbreak last week and monarque this week.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Someone theorised ages ago that new catalysts don't drop if you have too many old catalysts uncompleted. Not sure that's true, I have a bunch of crucible catalysts uncompleted and have had the outbbreak and monarque catalysts drop. Outbreak last week and monarque this week.

nah that was me and I was just relaying a reddit thread title which I didn't read the comments

in both that reddit thread and here everyone dunked on the idea

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It'd be really nice if they standardized the droprates for all playlist catalysts. There's still a bunch of y1 catalysts that have not dropped for me.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I finally got the suros catalyst I so long desired, saw what it required then promptly threw it in the trash

I strongly dislike that once you get a catalyst you have further busywork to enable it, especially when it's for activities you don't do

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The whole campaign has been hive rune based, there's no way in hell they're not peppering the raid with that and deepsight.

I did some unfinished catalysts just in case that wives tale was true. And purple drops used to be way more common. It's like they've decreased them.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I finally got the suros catalyst I so long desired, saw what it required then promptly threw it in the trash
Also it'd be nice if they said what it increases the chance from / to. Like if we're talking an 'enhanced perks' style boost of .5% chance, or if it jumps from being the minority of kills to the majority of kills. That seems important to know whether the MoCo grind would be worth it or not.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 5, 2022

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mazerunner posted:

nah that was me and I was just relaying a reddit thread title which I didn't read the comments

in both that reddit thread and here everyone dunked on the idea

I still feel like there is some form of this for the Y1 catalysts; I literally went a full year of playing without a single catalyst from Y1 exotics despite missing like 6 of them. Then I decided to finish off a couple and within a couple days another Y1 catalyst dropped

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly given what we recently learned about how mods and guns interact and how a gun only has so much “room” as to what you can do on it I would t be surprised to learn that each account can only track X number of catalysts at a time and just won’t drop any for you until you make room in the files, like an invisible version of our bounty//Quest limit

https://twitter.com/bungiehelp/status/1500139237156417538?s=21

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 5, 2022

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Beat the legendary campaign solo. God drat, that last fight was rough but when I beat it I felt great.

Ending cutscenes were cool too. On to the grind.

e: also unrelated but I would like to Have Words with whoever changed it so that it's harder to alt-tab now. I'm just switching what movie I'm watching while I grind rep or whatever, guys

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 5, 2022

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

its.

mother loving raid day

gonna walk into the final encounter and this poo poo is gonna start playing

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

Beat the legendary campaign solo. God drat, that last fight was rough but when I beat it I felt great.

Ending cutscenes were cool too. On to the grind.

e: also unrelated but I would like to Have Words with whoever changed it so that it's harder to alt-tab now. I'm just switching what movie I'm watching while I grind rep or whatever, guys

You should change to borderless windowed now, it actually runs (albeit by a small amount) faster and better with more consistent frame times in that mode. Witch Queen added DXGI flip model support. So you get all the benefits of fullscreen including super fast input latencies, and you can alt-tab instantly.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

there's some bug in the first raid encounter where some people can't res. Just saw Datto and pals didn't get a checkpoint and had to go to orbit to start all over. lol.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Yeah, I'm watching the live footage and oh dearie me. Twice they've gotten to this certain point and everyone gets booted to orbit. It's affecting all the streams I'm looking at.

I think it's just a coincidence, since the restarts are affecting everyone ingame and not just those in the raid, but it is kinda sus that as soon as they get just before the pyramid itself, everyone is booted to orbit

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
I'm thinking they should have given themselves longer than two weeks to get all the bugs shaken out.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You should change to borderless windowed now, it actually runs (albeit by a small amount) faster and better with more consistent frame times in that mode. Witch Queen added DXGI flip model support. So you get all the benefits of fullscreen including super fast input latencies, and you can alt-tab instantly.

this seems much better thanks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Art style of this raid is pretty fantastic.

Edit: Datto using Outbreak Perfected makes me happy for some reason. That gun is just so good.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 5, 2022

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Apologies to whomever didn't want a million symbols to decipher in the raid.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

:smith:

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

:shepicide:

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
So last expansion after the raid was completed Europa got the rotating Eclipse zone. Was there anything else that changed after the raid was completed? And did anything else like that happen in other expansions? I've heard that Last Wish activated the rotating Curse in the Dreaming City, is that correct?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

life_source posted:

So last expansion after the raid was completed Europa got the rotating Eclipse zone. Was there anything else that changed after the raid was completed? And did anything else like that happen in other expansions? I've heard that Last Wish activated the rotating Curse in the Dreaming City, is that correct?

Rotating Eclipse zone plus the Creation area of Exoscience got opened with the big Clovis head.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

The raid is so badly bugged it's crazy

Some raid teams beat the first encounter and went through to the next area, while other teams also beat the first encounter but the door didn't open for them. And a lot of people in chat are convinced that the second area is bugged as nothing is happening and nobody seems to be able to figure out how to trigger anything at all. Either it's bugged or it's a horribly unintuitive raid. Datto has been running around the same room for like ten minutes now. They're stumped.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Welp, one team did the third encounter, it bugged out, could not progress any further so they did a wipe... only to find they had to do the third encounter again. This is so bad

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol what a shitshow.

So glad the extra time for WQ was used well to iron out all the HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:bungie:

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Listerine posted:

Would be nice if the Quest card had that instead of just saying completions. I must have been on an insane win streak, like a dozen in a row.

Yup I knew I wasn't crazy, they must have taken the part about winning out of the description for this quest.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

day one generating tons of disconnects :buddy:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

God this poo poo sucks, I used to say Last Wish was my favorite raid but if it ushered in this era I may have to take that back.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nothing says good design like a raid that kills the servers for all players content-wide.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

God this poo poo sucks, I used to say Last Wish was my favorite raid but if it ushered in this era I may have to take that back.

Yeah not a big fan. On the plus side it's pretty easy to memorize the callouts for VoD. You look at that sheet once and you've pretty much got the gist of the whole thing. Maybe you'll mix up witness/guardian/worship in the heat of battle, but apart from that they seem distinct and easily parsed. Last wish symbols were a million times worse.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Yeah not a big fan. On the plus side it's pretty easy to memorize the callouts for VoD. You look at that sheet once and you've pretty much got the gist of the whole thing. Maybe you'll mix up witness/guardian/worship in the heat of battle, but apart from that they seem distinct and easily parsed. Last wish symbols were a million times worse.
The two perching birds are particularly bad. I hear people tend to refer to one of them as bored bird, which is hardly intuitive.

There is no loving way I'm going to be able to do this raid either, ah well.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
most of those names are bad, like "remember/reset" instead of brain? or just use two words to make it way more clear, like 'red square' is completely unambiguous instead of 'stop'

or 'give' instead of 'red hands' wtf or 'love'? use pink flower

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Definitely going to get cleaned up/optimized as the community runs through it. At least they are better than the last wish ones.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Last boss is pretty neato being that he looks like Shazam and all.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
I remember seeing (somewhere? Was there one of those dev run-through videos for Last Wish maybe?) that originally the symbols for LW were all arrangements of flowers and leaves and were even more difficult to distinguish. At least we were spared that.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos
Looks like it'll only take 4 hours on the first day, all the bugs and disconnects included. Combined with all the symbol memorization, gonna call it a Bad Raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

These aren't the worst, I think. Semi-intuitive