Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I bought a Steam Deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Got my email, ty Gaben

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Got my email, 512 on the way!

Any idea how long it takes to ship?

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Folks that have one-- what kind of shipping did they send? I didn't see anything about it during checkout.

I am stoked!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Samopsa posted:

After Q2 people should now get a Q3 date confirmed on the order page if they apply!

Woo, I'm q3 2022!

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Samopsa posted:

After Q2 people should now get a Q3 date confirmed on the order page if they apply!

My original date was Q2, then 'after Q2' after the first delay, and now it's 'after Q3' instead :ohdear:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

^^^ That's messed up

Samopsa posted:

Can confirm, my After Q2 now shows Q3 here:

https://store.steampowered.com/steamdeck/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm still in Q2 :sweatdrop:

as long as it doesn't arrive in early may while i'm out of town i'll be good. april or late may would be fine w/ me. though obv i'd be happy with more people cancelling their preorders or forgetting to purchase within the 72 hour window

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

JuffoWup posted:

Woo, I'm q3 2022!

I'm after Q3, :rip:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I'm q1 2022 and still haven't got an email even though my order was put in 4 mins after they went live wtf :(

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Danith posted:

I'm q1 2022 and still haven't got an email even though my order was put in 4 mins after they went live wtf :(

mine was four minutes after and I bought mine today

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Yeah I had the app open right when they went live, so I was in the 4-5 minute range too. Q1s are going through the month, though.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

My pre-order email is dated 16 Jul, 2021 @ 6:00pm BST for the 512GB model and I still don't have my purchase email. So I'm guessing there were a lot of people in the UK/Europe (however Valve is distributing the stock) who got their purchases in straight away.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

q3 2022. ah well

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

the 512GB model was very, very popular. I got the 256GB model, which I think may actually be the least popular

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Soul Glo posted:

Folks that have one-- what kind of shipping did they send? I didn't see anything about it during checkout.

I am stoked!

The shipping was like, overnight for me. Although I sold my steamdecks because people were offering too much money for these silly things to not take up.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Unsurprisingly it seems like demand was much higher for the 512GB model; if you ordered that you'll probably be waiting a while longer than people who ordered a lower-end model at the same timestamp.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the 512GB model was very, very popular. I got the 256GB model, which I think may actually be the least popular
i pre-ordered the 256 as well, primarily because i'll be playing mostly indie games on it, which are rarely bigger than a couple of gigs at most

the unix time conversion said my pre-order time was like, 13-14 minutes in, so being Q2 was not a surprise

i guess it depends on whether they're over-prioritizing the 512 model in manufacturing right now since it was the most popular, or if they're manufacturing equal numbers

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Danith posted:

I am on mobile and do not have the link handy, but there is a store page you can go to that will kick back the order time down to the millisecond. This is kinda hard to track because there are three times you could be looking at:

Store time with unix epoch timestamp
Reservation email received time
Order placed time within reservation email

My 512GB order was placed at 7 min 9 sec after according to epoch timestamp, 6 min after for the email, and 4 min after according to the time in the email. No order email for me yet but I expect it to show up at the end of the month when we will be out of the state visiting family.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

To all of you that got emails, congratz, but I'm loving really disappointed that you didn't cancel your preorders because I'm still Q2. :argh:

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Q3 2022 here.

Cancel your preorders.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
hopefully you all get your decks soon. I had a glorious 3 days with it. before I had to send it off to RMA :(. thankfully sending it back was quick and you can pack it in the box it originally came in. my only hope is that its not too long for the replacement to come.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Your expected order availability: Q3 2022

Ah drat I must have thought about it for a few minutes before throwing my money away

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

sigher posted:

To all of you that got emails, congratz, but I'm loving really disappointed that you didn't cancel your preorders because I'm still Q2. :argh:

I tried, but Gaben stole my lunch money.

Since I paid for mine, its now shows the option to reserve a new one for after Q3 2022, surprised it doesn't say 2023.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The 7th Guest posted:

i'm still in Q2 :sweatdrop:

Same. At least this makes me a little reassured of when it’s coming so I can finish budgeting for it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Framboise posted:

Q3 2022 here.

Cancel your preorders.

I'm such a good friend I'm going to cancel my Q2 for you and hope that you move forward.

Let this be a message to all of you selfish gamers out there.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Shammypants posted:

The shipping was like, overnight for me. Although I sold my steamdecks because people were offering too much money for these silly things to not take up.

It's going to be hard not to do this when I can basically double my cost even after fees. Can you reorder a deck after receiving your first?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

DoubleT2172 posted:

It's going to be hard not to do this when I can basically double my cost even after fees. Can you reorder a deck after receiving your first?

Not sure. Someone in a local group gave me 2000 for the 256 edition.. dudes loaded though. I've never been an advocate of reselling or scalping, and I sold to someone I know, but making 1200-1500 dollars in a minute is too enticing in these times.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

I don't feel any way about people reselling Decks. It sucks when scalpers are able to buy every bit of stock of something up with bots faster than real people and then create a secondary market for consumer goods, but with the way Valve's running the show at least it's fair for everyone.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shammypants posted:

You managed to get multiple?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

sigher posted:

You managed to get multiple?

Yea my sibling got one and I got one. They weren't sure if they wanted to keep it but ultimately sold when people offered us crazy money.

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Scalpers suck rear end.

Do we get a shipping number when it ships?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Kwolok posted:

Probably, but it might depend where you are. European orders definitely do.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I hope I get in next weeks batch. There are a bunch of games that I can't bring myself to play because I want to play them on the deck. This is stupid. lol.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
Got an email from steam... Telling me some games on my wishlist are for sale.

:mad:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Dramicus posted:

I hope I get in next weeks batch. There are a bunch of games that I can't bring myself to play because I want to play them on the deck. This is stupid. lol.

I'm actually bummed I've already finished Elden Ring for this reason

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I'm actually bummed I've already finished Elden Ring for this reason

If Elden Ring is anything like the other souls games, it's great for multiple playthroughs with different character builds.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Q3 here, I waffled a few days before reserving mine.

Kwolok posted:

Scalpers suck rear end.

Scalpers suck, but I'm limiting the definition of "scalper" to someone who intentionally buys things to resell them at a higher price, especially if they do it in bulk and/or using bots to cheat honest consumers out of stuff. Some dude who got offered a ridiculous sum for their only Deck by some rich guy isn't scalping if they accept IMO.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Anything that results in any outcome other than me getting a deck is scalping :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Commander Keene posted:

Q3 here, I waffled a few days before reserving mine.

Took me 30 minutes to get a order in day of as steam kept timing out; I’m now pushed to Q3. So, don’t feel too bad!