Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I beat Elden Ring in 72 hours then did ng+ in 4 lol. Game is so epic...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
clocked in 90 hours while i was out of work on covid exposure. lucky~

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Space Flower posted:

clocked in 90 hours while i was out of work on covid exposure. lucky~

I know the feeling. I recently clocked a similar amount of time watching U***ha Ru***a (censored to protect the chat) and it was transformative in a way. Feeling so sick and weak, and vulnerable, and going on such a spiritual journey. It was... life changing, I guess. I dunno. Don't want to refer to it too lightly, but I am absolutely a different person coming out of it. One who thinks H******* can gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ol yeller posted:

I know the feeling. I recently clocked a similar amount of time watching U***ha Ru***a (censored to protect the chat) and it was transformative in a way. Feeling so sick and weak, and vulnerable, and going on such a spiritual journey. It was... life changing, I guess. I dunno. Don't want to refer to it too lightly, but I am absolutely a different person coming out of it. One who thinks H******* can gently caress off.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

ol yeller posted:

:hai:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I think I'm nearing the end of Elden Ring but I also thought that for the past like 10 hours of me playing it so I shall see. Very good though, power stancing greataxes owns.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't understand the vtuber memes.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
not counting the last rando but im begging people who've decided to post in here more than once to actually engage with the the thread or watch an anime that aired after k-on instead of just making 10 posts about vtubers and 1 about 'tenacious d is anime' or whatever. otherwise why are you here

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

New Topic: Has there any anime where a character said (as in the voice actor straight up vocalized) the N Word? Not counting the HxH greed island scene.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the boondocks

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
So we've moved on from driveby trolling of the vtuber thread to driveby trolling of the non-existence of the vtuber thread. Good job everybody, mission accomplished.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
watching the cowboy bebop movie atm while not qqing about people having fun

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

My condolences

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ol yeller posted:

Srice posted:

Stay strong, gamer

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ardeem posted:

So we've moved on from driveby trolling of the vtuber thread to driveby trolling of the non-existence of the vtuber thread. Good job everybody, mission accomplished.

This thread gets like 10 posts a day unless there's drama or if folks spot an opportunity to dogpile on someone so I don't get why a joke post or two is such a big deal!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Space Flower posted:

not counting the last rando but im begging people who've decided to post in here more than once to actually engage with the the thread or watch an anime that aired after k-on instead of just making 10 posts about vtubers and 1 about 'tenacious d is anime' or whatever. otherwise why are you here

Oh you want engagement, I'll give you engagement!

What is a deconstruction, actually?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
the 'actual' part would place it well outside of anime jurisdiction as it was a complex set of ideas used by a philosopher 50 years ago to recontextualize much older philosophical works. it was never meant to be applied to madoka as a magical girl show or w/e.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Srice posted:

This thread gets like 10 posts a day unless there's drama or if folks spot an opportunity to dogpile on someone so I don't get why a joke post or two is such a big deal!

yes, a joke post or two. we have entire posters dedicated to white noise vtuber posts. like are they just doing victory laps or would they like to i'unno talk about anime at some point. what's up there.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Space Flower posted:

i've been watching Odd Taxi

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Space Flower posted:

yes, a joke post or two. we have entire posters dedicated to white noise vtuber posts. like are they just doing victory laps or would they like to i'unno talk about anime at some point. what's up there.

Heck, it might be a bit twisted of me to say it but personally I prefer those posts to the posts complaining about 'em!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked cum's posts but this stuff is just sad second stringer material

marumaru
May 20, 2013

symbolic posted:

i've been watching Odd Taxi

good anime

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/tsuwukii/status/1500974392100081666

Lfmao

marumaru
May 20, 2013

i really love that her toes are censored on the full pic

the internet is a magical place

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Feet are illegal, welcome to the new cyber dystopia

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

marumaru posted:

i really love that her toes are censored on the full pic

the internet is a magical place

What's the point then...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read Domestic Girlfriend and loved it deeply and the ending has made me so mad it's ruined my entire day lol.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
what was the ending

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The protagonist spends 200 chapters growing with the second love interest just to end up getting with the love interest from the first volume in the space of about 5 chapters. I didn't look it up but I'm convinced it was serialized and got suddenly canceled lol. The ending is a little rushed but it's fine, I guess, it's a happy ending for the characters but it's kind of like. Narratively whack, I guess.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I read Domestic Girlfriend for a long while before I finally just spun out of it. I liked the art/look of the characters, but at a certain point I just didn't want to continue reading it. Sounds like I dodged a bullet.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Larry Parrish posted:

I read Domestic Girlfriend and loved it deeply and the ending has made me so mad it's ruined my entire day lol.
i didn't read domekano but english-language internet was real loving angry when those last few chapters dropped, so i guess you aren't alone

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coaaab posted:

i didn't read domekano but english-language internet was real loving angry when those last few chapters dropped, so i guess you aren't alone

it's frustrating for a manga where every single character grows and changes to have the ending involve the one character who didn't

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
The only thing I know about Domestic Girlfriend is that the op kicks rear end
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua5UARWRYLA

On unrelated note, jesus, funerals are so exhausting

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

What's the point then...

the point is if you want toes you'll have to pay for her onlyfans

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the anime is really good it just only covers the first story arc. so it just kind of ends. one season problems.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

I read Domestic Girlfriend for a long while before I finally just spun out of it. I liked the art/look of the characters, but at a certain point I just didn't want to continue reading it. Sounds like I dodged a bullet.

i feel like i read it but i remember literally nothing about it other than a character moving away
it either wasnt memorable or i didnt finish it lmao

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im watching twelve kingdoms and overman king gainer and they're both good. it is 2002 in this household

also watching magical shopping arcade abenobashi but i don't really like this one, feels like all the worst tendencies of gainax shows distilled

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Plutonis posted:

New Topic: Has there any anime where a character said (as in the voice actor straight up vocalized) the N Word? Not counting the HxH greed island scene.

Not that I recall, but this scene sticks with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyBdPjiQpYU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Space Flower posted:

I have watched lots of anims that aired after k-on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://twitter.com/Aruexp/status/1500998824365539343?s=20&t=DBrhtu-xzAiDYJuzOgTmWQ