Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

JBP posted:

Does Redmane Castle have a dungeon lol I just booked Radahn and hosed off

It turns into a proper dungeon when the festival isn't around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BisbyWorl posted:

It turns into a proper dungeon when the festival isn't around.

Might have to pop back there at level 130 and show off a bit.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

made this in celebration of beating Radahn:

https://twitter.com/PixelHunted/status/1501121331227676673?s=20&t=D-_kTsoy5u_SGQeL7Jy37A

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I am going to radahn festival 2022. I got the herba...

Also here is my take after 90 hours:

This is the best game so far. It is incredible.

Except fire giant. That dude can eat a dick.

Everything else so far has been incredible.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Two questions:

First, does anyone have any advice for Raya Luca? Specifically fighting Rennala's second stage? I know she's supposed to be easy based on how the thread treats her, but she just keeps kicking my rear end with her summons. And it's such a headache to have to get back to the actual fight - run, then elevator, then bash glowing people, then finally you get to fight her and I can get her to half health pretty quick but that's it. It wouldn't be so bad if her summoning didn't seem to give her iframes, but it's like there's no time to actually hit her, since the dragon and blood knight guys both wreck my poo poo if I take my focus off them long enough to try. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I don't want to have to keep going through the leadup to experiment. And I can't even get help from someone because I have yet to have anyone stay connected long enough to even get to that phase with me, whether I'm joining someone elses world or they're joining mine the transition between scenes seems to result in a disconnect

Second, does this helmet that grants immunity to the Greater Will have any actual purpose? Seems like a cool lore item at least.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 8, 2022

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Up around the central-North-West of the map, there's an area I can't find a map marker for and the only way I can see to proceed is a broken bridge leading away from a village straight out of Berserk to what looks like Castlevania. Is that an optional area that I'm missing the entrance to, or will the game take me there eventually?

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Iirc I just focus on dodging them until they dissipated, they don’t hang around that long. Then back to hitting with sword/your beating implement of choice.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

Up around the central-North-West of the map, there's an area I can't find a map marker for and the only way I can see to proceed is a broken bridge leading away from a village straight out of Berserk to what looks like Castlevania. Is that an optional area that I'm missing the entrance to, or will the game take me there eventually?

You talking the volcano/mountain zone? You can go there now, you just gotta go another, way way longer way

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Disco Pope posted:

So I reached this point and circled back around to the South West of the area and found a long back route in with several optional bosses that I can recommend.

However I also discovered that the entire back route isn’t necessary because there’s a flipping ladder that takes you up the cliffs that I didn’t notice, around the kidnapping robots that will get you into the manor itself faster.

Edit: vv whoops, I’m in exactly the same boat. I wonder if there’s any other consequences for my actions.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

oh crumbs, tragoth was supposed to be there? i probably shouldn’t have whacked him for patches

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So that list of sites of grace you can bring up? Turns out it has a check mark system so you can check off dungeons or areas you’ve completed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Whoever thought Deeproot needed more Basilisks than every other game combined can go to hell.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ok gently caress it how do I find radahn? I still cant do that festival either whatever thats even about, I went back at night but the geezer tells me to gently caress off

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Why do you drink a flask even if you're full on HP?? I'm coming off 50 hours of Horizon where that was the stealth button, I've wasted enough potions to fill a small lake.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

codo27 posted:

The worst part is I'm acutely aware why this happens to me, I get them to one shot and I abandon all strategy and just spam r1 (which the game probably detects and punishes me for). I'm even aware its wrong as I'm doing it but there is this internal struggle but I wind up dead in the end anyhow. It nearly cost me when I finally finished off mw/ck, which I'm certain I captured with shadowplay but the video just isn't anywhere to be found.

I find that keeping some throwing knives or kukri to hand to finish off that last sliver of boss health helps a lot with avoiding the lure of over extending.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Phenotype posted:

Why do you drink a flask even if you're full on HP??

smooth cherry flavor

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So that list of sites of grace you can bring up? Turns out it has a check mark system so you can check off dungeons or areas you’ve completed.
WHAT

Barudak
May 7, 2007

codo27 posted:

Ok gently caress it how do I find radahn? I still cant do that festival either whatever thats even about, I went back at night but the geezer tells me to gently caress off

Make it to the Atlus Plateau. Doesn't matter how (there are iirc three ways) just that you do.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
So I understand correctly, there's no finite supply of smithing stones to upgrade weapons up to +24/+9 and I shouldn't hesitate to invest in any weapons that interest me or worry about this?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Ok so why tf people been saying he's in Caelid? I been running around there all over expecting him to pop out in one of the more open areas but nothing.

That scottish guy in the roundtable literally said he's in "Caelid to Limgrave's East"

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

bless you and bless this thread

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Captain Oblivious posted:

”Remembrance of Mohg, Lord of Blood, hewn into the Erdtree.

The power of its namesake can be unlocked by the Finger Reader.
Alternatively, it can be used to gain a great bounty of runes.

Wishing to raise Miquella to full godhood, Mohg wished to
become his consort, taking the role of monarch. But no matter
how much of his bloody bedchamber he tried to share, he received
no response from the young Empyrean.”

This literally states the opposite of what you claimed

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

TraderStav posted:

So I understand correctly, there's no finite supply of smithing stones to upgrade weapons up to +24/+9 and I shouldn't hesitate to invest in any weapons that interest me or worry about this?

The only caveat is that, realistically, infinite :smith:stones requires laying hands on bell bearings by defeating a number of annoying bosses, but yes. There's no limit on how hard you can forge weapons aside from the capstone.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

TraderStav posted:

actually getting your hands on that "infinite supply" is a thing so don't go hog wild on everything

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

codo27 posted:

Ok so why tf people been saying he's in Caelid? I been running around there all over expecting him to pop out in one of the more open areas but nothing.

That scottish guy in the roundtable literally said he's in "Caelid to Limgrave's East"

He is in Caelid. He's in Redmane castle during the festival. People are saying you need to get to the Plateau first, I have no idea about that maybe that specifically is what triggers the festival to start, all I know is you have to go there as part of Ranni's questchain. I just assumed you could only fight him if you got to that point in her chain and that her quests were the thing that triggers the festival.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Oh well ffs I told Ranni to gently caress off as I didn't want to serve her, being some weird old witch.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

codo27 posted:

Oh well ffs I told Ranni to gently caress off as I didn't want to serve her, being some weird old witch.

you dun hosed up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

codo27 posted:

:chloe:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I will not allow my 4 to 6 arm wife to be insulted like this.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

You don't have to be on Ranni's questline to fight Radahn. The festival is triggered by you reaching Altus Plateau, I'm pretty sure.

That said

codo27 posted:

:yikes:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will not allow my 4 to 6 arm wife to be insulted like this.

this tbh

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Tae posted:

I forgot to talk to Rogier again after beating godrick, and apparently going directly to start Renna's quest kills him. Am I hosed from getting his rapier?

Nah, his body can be found on the balcony in the round table hold, he may still be alive but without dialogue. Speak to him a couple times, then go to the grace and pass time a couple times. Eventually he just died and drops all his gear

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

SpaceDrake posted:

The only caveat is that, realistically, infinite :smith:stones requires laying hands on bell bearings by defeating a number of annoying bosses, but yes. There's no limit on how hard you can forge weapons aside from the capstone.

Oneiros posted:

actually getting your hands on that "infinite supply" is a thing so don't go hog wild on everything

Thanks! If you had to ballpark the number of weapons to upgrade without hitting this soft cap, where would you put it? 5? 10? 15?

Obviously it probably depends on the level of the weapon. So could you say everything up to +10 or +15 is 'near infinite'?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
You should agree to serve literally everyone you meet in your first run-through of a souls game, even if laugh ominously at the end of every sentence/ are a bald man who keeps kicking you down holes.

Its just the polite thing to do.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Why do I sometimes see these bars after respawning?

And goddamn I cannot seem to deal with these trash packs in Leyndell. The lightning knights just take no damage from my spells or rapier.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Sab669 posted:

And goddamn I cannot seem to deal with these trash packs in Leyndell. The lightning knights just take no damage from my spells or rapier.

that's usually 'cause you're getting a stat buff from something that is increasing your resistances

so probably a talisman or something

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

TraderStav posted:

Thanks! If you had to ballpark the number of weapons to upgrade without hitting this soft cap, where would you put it? 5? 10? 15?

Obviously it probably depends on the level of the weapon. So could you say everything up to +10 or +15 is 'near infinite'?
You eventually unlock the ability to buy them. With all the real bosses completed I had enough mats to bring one normal weapon to +24 and four somber weapons to +9, but had to buy stones to take another normal weapon to +24. Unlocking them is pretty late and stones aren't super abundant until then.

In general your supply is fairly constrained (until it isn't).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Mar 8, 2022

Strife
Apr 20, 2001

What the hell are YOU?
I'm running through blind on my first playthrough and might have broken the story. Everything in spoiler text happens after you get two of the great runes and get sent to the location you can't reach without two great runes.

In trying to explore absolutely everything, and being a general doofus who likes jumping on furniture, I found the secret passage after beating Mohg in the sewers. At the bottom I met uh, something, and it gave me a good squeeze, and then after fighting the boss at the end of the capitol city, Melina broke up with me and said we could no longer associate.

I get that apparently I'm now the kindling she was intended to become, but after beating the fire giant it seems like someone is supposed to show up and tell you to do something. Nothing. I looked up where Millicent is supposed to be after you talk to her in Windmill Village, where she says something about going north, and it's supposed to be at the Ancient Snow Valley Ruins, but she's not there. I can assume where she's supposed to be because there's a ring of "lover ahead" messages near a bush.

Should I just assume she's at the next location and meet with her there, or am I on my own now?

Anyone else done this?

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Sab669 posted:

Those are from a rune arc I believe. They show up in my game when I'm 'embered' with a rune arc and fast travel between locations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I worked tirelessly to upgrade my halberd to +7. then ran into edgar, who is not bugged but fools do not talk enough to him, and got a +8 with a better weapon art. :negative:

I'm gonna try those rapiers gently caress all this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Oneiros posted:

that's usually 'cause you're getting a stat buff from something that is increasing your resistances

so probably a talisman or something

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Those are from a rune arc I believe. They show up in my game when I'm 'embered' with a rune arc and fast travel between locations.

Either of these could be true (or both!).

It happens whenever you have an outside source increasing your base stats, so a talisman like Radagon's Scarseal or an active Rune Arc would both do it. Basically what happens is that you spawn in first, then the buff is applied, so you quickly see your status effect build-up meters appear because they've all just gotten longer.